Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

138,173 Views | 1988 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Grapesoda2525
RO519
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Nice team and season, Astros fans
Yep pretty impressive. Won't say congrats, and I hope they lose quickly, but that was a damn good turnaround. Much respect.

I'd rather lose quickly in the playoffs than not make it at all
Ya think?!?!

I'm just saying… I can see it now if the Astros get bumped before the World Series. Rangers fans will be vocal even though they didn't get invited to the party

And here they come
You called it
PatriotAg02
AG
Did the Astros even show up though?
Legal Custodian
AG
Just doing the exact same thing y'all would have done
Ciboag96
I feel sad and then think about some teams winning a World Series and not even making the next years playoffs. Makes me feel bad for the other guy.
tjack16
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Did the Astros even show up though?

Define "showed up"

They arrived in uniform but I'm not sure about anything past that
Out in Left Field
AG
Dang, shoulda taken that pre-season bet that the Rangers & Astros would win the same number of playoff games.
TefIon Don
AG
htxag09 said:

lol now the rangerettes feel safe crawling out of their holes they've been hiding in the last couple months….

Cope.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
tjack16 said:

Any rangers fans have any advice on how we should spend the rest of our October? Haven't ended the season this early since Trevor Knight was leading the Aggie football team

Also yeah looks like both of our teams sucked this year.

We're only a couple of days ahead of you. What I've found relaxing is rooting against our arch rivals in the playoffs. I guess you're out of luck. Hopefully next year, though.
Double Talkin' Jive...
fc2112
South Platte
tjack16 said:

Any rangers fans have any advice on how we should spend the rest of our October? Haven't ended the season this early since Trevor Knight was leading the Aggie football team

MLB playoffs are a BLAST when you don't have a team in the hunt. It's like March Madness with games all day long for 2 weeks until the CS.
Tastybrisket10
AG
Less of a party more like a funeral procession.
htxag09
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

tjack16 said:

We're only a couple of days ahead of you. What I've found relaxing is rooting against our arch rivals in the playoffs. I guess you're out of luck. Hopefully next year, though.

Arch rivals?

Don't yall like to brag that you don't care about us?
Ciboag96
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

What I've found relaxing is rooting against our arch rivals in the playoffs.

Rockies? They weren't in the playoffs. Wierd.
94chem
Ok. Here's a fair question. Feelings toward Hinch right now?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Marvin
AG
Tastybrisket10 said:

Less of a party more like a funeral procession.

Felt like it from opening day. For Astros fans, anyway.
Marvin
AG
94chem said:

He makes some boneheaded moves, but I don't know anyone with hatred for Hinch- unless you mean him letting that crap go on in '17.
jkag89
94chem said:

At time I said he shouldn't be fired. Same with Luhnow. The organization should have bit the bullet with their one year suspensions.

Happy for AJ today.
Colonel Kurtz
AG
Is that seven straight home postseason losses?
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

Rangers haven't dropped their 2024 playoff video yet but I'll post it when they do
Where can I get tickets for the divisional round? I want to see the return of Verlander, Altuve pad his hall of fame resume, the inevitable playoffs coming around and getting Bregman to care and Alvarez hitting bombs.
tjack16
AG
94chem said:

I wish we had done what Boston did with Cora. Suspended for the year and then brought him back.

But he's not the reason we lost. Offense scored 3 runs in two games
94chem
Yeah, basically. He brought a title and a stench. Kinda like if Schloss had won the last game. Not exactly, but kind of.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
jkag89
What an effin' loser. You haven't been on this thread for months.
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

tjack16 said:

Rangers haven't dropped their 2024 playoff video yet but I'll post it when they do
Where can I get tickets for the divisional round? I want to see the return of Verlander, Altuve pad his hall of fame resume, the inevitable playoffs coming around and getting Bregman to care and Alvarez hitting bombs.

Mine are getting refunded as we speak but I'll let you know soon.

Also was wondering when you'd be back… haven't seen you on this thread in a while
jkag89
Another effin' loser. Where have you been Grape?
heavens11
AG
tjack16 said:

rgag12 said:

Checking in on that Hader acquisition. Turned out good, yes?

Pressly got us into that mess so not blaming Hader as much right now
3 run double to seal it for the fighting Hinches is pretty much on Hader. The back end of the bullpen was the biggest letdown for me for the year so sort of fitting for them to blow it in an elimination game
Grapesoda2525
jkag89 said:

You'd definitely know a loser when you see one. You've been watching some all day long.
tjack16
AG
heavens11 said:

tjack16 said:

rgag12 said:

Pressly got us into that mess so not blaming Hader as much right now
3 run double to seal it for the fighting Hinches is pretty much on Hader. The back end of the bullpen was the biggest letdown for me for the year so sort of fitting for them to blow it in an elimination game

Yeah he wasn't good today. But he pitched great in save situations all year. Espada just used him at weird times sometimes.
It's year 1 of a 5 year deal and tied for 5th in the MLB in saves with a sub 4.00 ERA (3.80)

So not ready to say if it was good or not. I wasn't super thrilled with the 5 years part but we will see
Marvin
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

You'd definitely know a loser when you see one. You've been watching some all day long.

We all watched your team choke their way to a losing record in defense of their trophy- something few teams sunk so low to accomplish. You really want to go there?
fc2112
jkag89
rgag12 said:

Too soon to tell. After the horrid start to the season, he did exactly what he was paid to do.
jkag89
Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

Then what does that make your beloved Rangers?
tjack16
AG
Next year I think with the Rangers and Astros getting healthier we should see closer to 2023 where we both battle for a playoff spot (probably both of us winning around 86-88 games)

Astros have more offensive question marks though than the Rangers do. Javier and Garcia coming back to the rotation will be big.

So I do think the Astros window probably closed today until they make some smart moves.
ahpetty33
AG
RO519 said:

tjack16 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Yep pretty impressive. Won't say congrats, and I hope they lose quickly, but that was a damn good turnaround. Much respect.

Ya think?!?!

I'm just saying… I can see it now if the Astros get bumped before the World Series. Rangers fans will be vocal even though they didn't get invited to the party

And here they come
You called it

This isn't some dunk on rangers fans, you are just positioning yourself so you can act like a genius once the other team very predictably starts trash talking. Which we have every right to do just like every other fan base in history when a rival goes down
jkag89
Marvin said:

fc2112 said:

Tigers celebrating on the field at Enron Field.

Glorious.

You hiding in shame all summer because your team sucked ass was more glorious.
It is only a cherry on top with him acting like a fool with multiple posts now.
South Platte
ahpetty33 said:

RO519 said:

tjack16 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Ya think?!?!

And here they come
You called it

This isn't some dunk on rangers fans, you are just positioning yourself so you can act like a genius once the other team very predictably starts trash talking. Which we have every right to do just like every other fan base in history when a rival goes down
Don't be petty . . .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.