Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

115,708 Views | 1665 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by GoAgs11
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
It is so sweet how the Rangers have folded up like a bunch of paper tigers!

Their fans are talking so much crab earlier in the season !

Do you guys want to close last year but other than that there's no rivalry . It's the Astros and the rest.!
Hornbeck
AG
Rangers Nation = DallasAg94?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Can we start a pick'em on the next time a Ranger fan posts in this thread?
BadAggie
AG
HOW ERBOUT DUM COWBOYZ?

BadAggie
AG
Lol
The Porkchop Express
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Will the Astros win another game? Many people are asking.
Just another of this thread's "Greatest Hits"
tjack16
AG
fc2112 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Nice turnaround on the season, Astros. Rooting for you in the playoffs.
Farmer1906
AG
I remember when this guy "had a good shot at 3000"

Barely hit 2K and a career OPS under .700.
GoAgs11
DallasAg 94 said:

tjack16 said:

I think the Rangers win the division at about 92-70, and the Astros get the last wild card slot at about 88-74. Or the Astros miss out on in by a couple of games
Houston at 7-16, you think will go 81-58?
During that time, the Rangers 12-11 will go: 80-59?

Is my math right on that?

I know this is baseball and it is crazy with 162G, but the Rangers are at (52.17%) and at this winning rate would go 85-77.

We just added Lorenzen (SP) to the rotation.
We just added a GG+SS at 1B (Lowe) and DFA'd a NRI (Walsh) who was hitting .226 with 1 HR.
The '23 MLB MVP-2 (Seager) had a sports hernia surgery in the off-season and is likely still getting normal having shown almost no power so far.
We have a 21 yo (Carter) and a 22 yo (Langford) that should improve on their hitting.

Jung will be a mid-season return.

While you just added a HoF SP (JV)... you just put your best performing SP (Javier) in '24 on the IL. And we have a HoF returning in a couple weeks from now (Scherzer). Along with Bradford our '24 #1 performing SP.

You have no position players on the IL. Right? So, your Offense is your offense.
Your two minor league SPs (Arrighetti and Henley) both got tore up. Henley was a sacrificial lamb, I know.

Your premise is the Rookie Manager will right the ship of:
Brown, France, +1 SP
JAbreu, Bregman, Myers, and Singleton
Pressley, Hader, BAbreu, and Bielak?!
None of those guys are hurt or coming off an injury, right?! Are we going with the 7 years of playoff is resulting in a slow start that they'll improve on?! What is the hope here?! Just curious.

And our 4-Time World Series Championship manager will be status quo?!
Getting guys healthy and returning to form won't net us anything?
Lowe - oblique
Seager - Off-season sports hernia surgery
Jung - broken wrist 1st week of season. Out 2 months.
Scherzer - back surgery fusing a disk.

We can do the Framber/McCuller/deGrom/Mahle game, but I don't think any of that is worth exploring.
found this gem
tjack16
AG
GoAgs11 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

tjack16 said:

I think the Rangers win the division at about 92-70, and the Astros get the last wild card slot at about 88-74. Or the Astros miss out on in by a couple of games
Houston at 7-16, you think will go 81-58?
During that time, the Rangers 12-11 will go: 80-59?

Is my math right on that?

I know this is baseball and it is crazy with 162G, but the Rangers are at (52.17%) and at this winning rate would go 85-77.

We just added Lorenzen (SP) to the rotation.
We just added a GG+SS at 1B (Lowe) and DFA'd a NRI (Walsh) who was hitting .226 with 1 HR.
The '23 MLB MVP-2 (Seager) had a sports hernia surgery in the off-season and is likely still getting normal having shown almost no power so far.
We have a 21 yo (Carter) and a 22 yo (Langford) that should improve on their hitting.

Jung will be a mid-season return.

While you just added a HoF SP (JV)... you just put your best performing SP (Javier) in '24 on the IL. And we have a HoF returning in a couple weeks from now (Scherzer). Along with Bradford our '24 #1 performing SP.

You have no position players on the IL. Right? So, your Offense is your offense.
Your two minor league SPs (Arrighetti and Henley) both got tore up. Henley was a sacrificial lamb, I know.

Your premise is the Rookie Manager will right the ship of:
Brown, France, +1 SP
JAbreu, Bregman, Myers, and Singleton
Pressley, Hader, BAbreu, and Bielak?!
None of those guys are hurt or coming off an injury, right?! Are we going with the 7 years of playoff is resulting in a slow start that they'll improve on?! What is the hope here?! Just curious.

And our 4-Time World Series Championship manager will be status quo?!
Getting guys healthy and returning to form won't net us anything?
Lowe - oblique
Seager - Off-season sports hernia surgery
Jung - broken wrist 1st week of season. Out 2 months.
Scherzer - back surgery fusing a disk.

We can do the Framber/McCuller/deGrom/Mahle game, but I don't think any of that is worth exploring.
found this gem

My original take was bad but his was way off (although my final record pick of 88-74 is looking good for the Astros)
jetch17
AG
What a schlong
Marvin
AG
I like how DallasAg is visiting us from the past, since he's too embarrassed to venture out of his Rangerette safe space.

Keep them coming!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Ciboag96
DallasAg 94 said:

They're likely going into a rebuild and don't want to have to take what they've been giving out.

If they continue to struggle Winning, Bregman and others could be rumored in trade talk.
Marvin
AG
Will Ranger fans rejoin the thread if their team gets to .500 before the end of their title defense? And, please feel free to take out Seattle in your rally to the mean. TIA!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Hornbeck
AG
Marvin said:

Will Ranger fans rejoin the thread if their team gets to .500 before the end of their title defense? And, please feel free to take out Seattle in your rally to the mean. TIA!

No. Cowboys won against the Browns, so they're all in Superbowl mode.
Mathguy64
AG
Thanks guys. Appreciate the small favor last night. Don't stop at one. You have 6 more chances to help us clinch another Division early so don't stop now.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Thanks guys. Appreciate the small favor last night. Don't stop at one. You have 6 more chances to help us clinch another Division early so don't stop now.

Yes please rangers help us add to our trophy case. Another division title will look nice next to the many silver boots, 2 commissioners trophies, and 5 league championships trophies
South Platte
tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Yes please rangers help us add to our trophy case. Another division title will look nice next to the many silver boots, 2 commissioners trophies, and 5 league championships trophies
Don't forget about your wide assortment of super cool replica World Series rings!!
tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Don't forget about your wide assortment of super cool replica World Series rings!!

They are pretty sweet! Rangers fans seem to enjoy them a lot this year too
Mathguy64
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

I'll take "things you can't win as a team and give away to your fans the next season if you don't play for them this year" for $2000 Alex.
The Porkchop Express
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Could you do a wellness check on DallasAg 94 for us?
We haven't seen him in so long, we really miss him.
We aren't allowed on your thread, so we don't know if he's OK.
TIA
South Platte
The Porkchop Express said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Could you do a wellness check on DallasAg 94 for us?
We haven't seen him in so long, we really miss him.
We aren't allowed on your thread, so we don't know if he's OK.
TIA
Love The Drake!! Love the DallasAg94!! However, some of his arguments don't have a leg to stand on.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Some?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Silent For Too Long
LeagueCityAg said:

Asterisks fans sure are quiet so far compared to years past.

This guy hasn't posted on this thread since May.

Where'd you go little buddy?
jetch17
AG
LCA is a schlong
Wabs
AG
Thanks for nothing Arlington
South Platte
Wabs said:

How do you think we feel?? Really nice win on Thursday followed up by a couple of brutal losses.

Probably time to retire this thread for the 2024 season. Surprised there isn't a Cowboys-Texans or Mavs-Rockets thread on the other forums.
Daddy-O5
AG
South Platte said:

Probably time to retire this thread for the 2024 season.

Yea…. No.
The Porkchop Express
AG
South Platte said:

Wabs said:

How do you think we feel?? Really nice win on Thursday followed up by a couple of brutal losses.

Probably time to retire this thread for the 2024 season. Surprised there isn't a Cowboys-Texans or Mavs-Rockets thread on the other forums.
tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

Wabs said:

After all the Adolis Garcia gifs we had to endure early in the season… nah this thing stays going until the Astros either get eliminated or win it all
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

After all the Adolis Garcia gifs we had to endure early in the season… nah this thing stays going until the Astros either get eliminated or win it all

tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Got any from this current season? That's more of a 2023 trash talk thread gif

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.