Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

43,494 Views | 862 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by jkag89
DeProfundis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

he looks like a textbook case of steroid use.
"looks like" vs. investigated & verified sign stealing scheme to help you win a WSC

Behold the power of "whataboutism"

You can dance around the facts and pull the "but but but... he's doing something too" deflection that most of us haven't used since childhood (because we freaking grew up), but the fact remains and will always be true:

You cheated to win your 1st World Series.

And then you ran off the manager that earned you the 1st fully legit WSC. But that's a tale of questionable intelligence best dealt with at another time.

The sign stealing fiasco is the dumbest manufactured outrage I've ever heard.

Catch a pitcher tipping? No problem
Stealing signs? No problem
Use a video recorder system to do it? Worst thing ever

Give me a break.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
He played in Japan in 2016 and defected to the US in 2017. Played a few years in the minors and then 21 games with St Louis in 2017. He was traded to the Rangers and invited to Spring Training as a non-roster invite. He's been the same since he joined the Rangers full time in 2021.

It's not like he floundered around minor and Major League Baseball for years before he broke out.
Double Talkin' Jive...
The Porkchop Express
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

He played in Japan in 2016 and defected to the US in 2017. Played a few years in the minors and then 21 games with St Louis in 2017. He was traded to the Rangers and invited to Spring Training as a non-roster invite. He's been the same since he joined the Rangers full time in 2021.

It's not like he floundered around minor and Major League Baseball for years before he broke out.
So he's a traitor. You're supporting a traitor. The nerve of you guys. Really disappointed in you.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Give me a break.
How about an asterisk instead?

*2017 World Series Champions
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DeProfundis
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Give me a break.
How about an asterisk instead?

*2017 World Series Champions

Congrats on your victory vs *checks notes* the Arizona Diamondbacks
agent-maroon
AG
Thanks!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ahpetty33
AG
You belittle the strength of competition in a World Series run that included *checks notes* your own team?… isn't that logic self-defeating? If we were so unimpressive you could have just won a single home game and trounced the lowly Diamondbacks yourselves, no?
DeProfundis
ahpetty33 said:

You belittle the strength of competition in a World Series run that included *checks notes* your own team?… isn't that logic self-defeating? If we were so unimpressive you could have just won a single home game and trounced the lowly Diamondbacks yourselves, no?

Yeah no crap. Shame we had to beat you guys for the division title. Look at our won/loss record at home, its even worse than the 6 games over 500 team you beat for your ring.

DallasAg 94
Translation:

"My player is perfect and innocent, but yours is guilty as hell."

I've stated many times that if you have a player from DR it is 50/50 on whether they use PEDs. Ring worm is prevalent, I suppose. I've also said I can't blame them. Their choice is to quit school at 12... 13... get accepted into one of the Baseball camps and attempt to get a $30K signing bonus. If they succeed, they'll make more money in that signing than they otherwise make in their life. If they don't, the end up illiterate and spend the rest of their life begging for food outside the camps. Dave Valle has a charity that helps some of those kids.

Cuban, Vz, other LATAM players have similar struggles. Martin Perez signed a contract covering his Serf and Arb years in order to get signing money to pull his family out of Vz. Jon Daniels used his political leverage to move and influence getting them out.

There is a better than zero chance that Adolis juices in some fashion. He is Cuban. IF you think Adolis juices... then you have to accept the idea that your Cuban players do as well.

Yordan (27-6'5"/237), Jose Abreu (37-6'3"/250), and then consider Arozerena (Tampa). During the Rangers/Rays game they said Arozerena and Adolis had been roommates at one point.

Ronel Blanco (30) was a nobody P who wasn't even a decent RP. Is he now going to be a ToTR SP?

It is terrible that MLB has an "Exemption" policy and leaves EVERY player in question.
Grapesoda2525
ahpetty33 said:

It's a terrible post. The rays win 100 games on a yearly basis, the orioles farm is nasty and everyone knows they're a big up and coming team, and the diamondbacks eliminated the dodgers and Phillies. The Astros have been to the last 7 ALCS and have been to 4 World Series recently.

Anyone who says the rangers didn't earn their ring is an idiot.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

ahpetty33 said:

It's a terrible post. The rays win 100 games on a yearly basis, the orioles farm is nasty and everyone knows they're a big up and coming team, and the diamondbacks eliminated the dodgers and Phillies. The Astros have been to the last 7 ALCS and have been to 4 World Series recently.

Anyone who says the rangers didn't earn their ring is an idiot.
The Houston fans in this thread are just throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks. Gotta cope with their terrible start somehow.
DallasAg 94
My friend was curiously quiet every time the discussion of infidelity came up. Was it a surprise when he and his wife divorced and we found out they had both cheated on each other?

Nah. The one thing I tried to not repeat in front of his 2nd wife was "Once a cheater always a cheater."

Of course you'd think the crime you committed... the one that MLB specifically said, "You can't do that" and you are like, "Ah... it's ok."

Literally watching game feed and signalling pitches in real time... It's like cheating on your wife and then equating it to giving a double-take as a girl passes by.

That's why so many Astros fans are a joke.
fc2112
DeProfundis said:

Give me a break.

I can only explain the rules to you - I can't understand them for you.
The Porkchop Express
fc2112 said:

DeProfundis said:

Give me a break.

I can only explain the rules to you - I can't understand them for you.

Flagged
Mr Gigem
AG
Can we all agree this home plate ump is total dog*****?
Jsimonds58
AG
Don't be an infant
The Porkchop Express
Jsimonds58 said:

Don't be an infant

I didn't really flag it dummy
fc2112
Mr Gigem said:

This guys is making Angel Hernandez look good.
TexasAggiesWin
S
No mods allowed thread…. You flag a response
The Porkchop Express
TexasAggiesWin said:

I didn't flag it. I was making fun of FC's flagging of pictures of pretty ladies on the Astros' thread last year because he's terrified of boobs.
TexasAggiesWin
S
The Porkchop Express said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

I didn't flag it. I was making fun of FC's flagging of pictures of pretty ladies on the Astros' thread last year because he's terrified of boobs.

So you are a liar? Just reading what you are posting
The Porkchop Express
TexasAggiesWin said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Kudos to you, didn't know most Rangers fans could read.
TexasAggiesWin
S

TexasAggiesWin said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

LeagueCityAg
AG

TexasAggiesWin said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

You tried. Next time, stick to obsessing over Joey Gallo.
The Porkchop Express
LeagueCityAg said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

You tried. Next time, stick to obsessing over Joey Gallo.
If the Rangers have believed in Joey Gallo the way I do, you'd have 6 world series titles by now.
jkag89
Quote:

With 7 of the 13 games in the next 2 weeks, Rangers could clinch.
Phew. At least the Astros will not have to exchange the the Silver Boot before we have to file our tax returns.
jkag89
fc2112 said:

Mr Gigem said:

This guys is making Angel Hernandez look good.
Just a little reminder of a post you made this afternoon. . .

Quote:

I was taught from a young age that losers complain about the weather and umps.
West Roxbury
You guys get way too worked up over baseball.
DallasAg 94
That's the kind of game I expect.

I had hoped the Astros wouldn't just roll over.

One of you Astros pickup my tickets on SeatGeek...I've got rent to pay.
DeProfundis

agent-maroon
AG
DeProfundis said:

Not really. But the principal characters in the Oscar Wilde writing that inspired your username most certainly were.

Aren't we glad that in 2024 a guy can't go to prison just because he's banging another dude? Seems like that would be important for some of these "username checks out" moments
DeProfundis
agent-maroon said:

DeProfundis said:

Not really. But the principal characters in the Oscar Wilde writing that inspired your username most certainly were.

Aren't we glad that in 2024 a guy can't go to prison just because he's banging another dude? Seems like that would be important for some of these "username checks out" moments

De Produndis clamo ad te Domine? Funny your mind went to Wilde
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Funny your mind went to Wilde google search went to wikipedia
FIFY

So are you more inspired by Oscar or Lord Alfred?
jkag89
DallasAg 94 said:

One of you Astros pickup my tickets on SeatGeek...I've got rent to pay.

Some sudden reversal of fortune? I thought you were all hyped up to get your Evan Carter "The Catch" Bobblehead?.
DallasAg 94
I was... and I may still go.

Come to find out, one of my kids now has a rehearsal tonight and he doesn't drive. So, I've got at least 2 extra txts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.