Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

111,109 Views | 1589 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Ciboag96
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best 44-50 team in baseball. I'm telling you. Best freaking 44-50 team IN BASEBALL.

Meanwhile, the left for dead "you guys suck just as bad" Houston Astros are now tied in the loss column with the Fighting Servais' for the Division lead.

The Rangerettes need to sell and start looking at tee times around Oct. 5, while you know who is now favored to play a home playoff series. Again.

I know it's math and statistical modeling and I know how difficult those are to understand for everyone in the Metroplex, but I hope that by putting this in picture form you can grasp it. That way you aren't overwhelmed by the complexities of things like "probability".

All I do is Nguyen
Mathguy64
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

But they don't count so we are really ahead - - Ganja2525
fullback44
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Yep… this paints the picture
jkag89
A fun game today ruined by Manfred Man Ball.
All I do is Nguyen
And a ****ty first base umpire
gigem1223
Totally on Manfred that your 1,2,3,4 couldn't drive in a runner sitting on 2nd with no outs.
jkag89
Win or lose, good game or bad, fun or boring, I loathe the Manfred Man Rule for extra innings.
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

Totally on Manfred that your 1,2,3,4 couldn't drive in a runner sitting on 2nd with no outs.

As much as I hate Manfred ball this is true… both teams have the same ghost runner.

We just didn't take advantage. I do think it should not be used until like the 12th inning though. Play the 10th and 11th normal
fullback44
AG
Good win Rangers …. Y'all tried to give us the win at least 4 times but the Stros couldn't take advantage

Game 3 today then everyone gets a break
Quincey P. Morris
AG
tjack16 said:

gigem1223 said:

As much as I hate Manfred ball this is true… both teams have the same ghost runner.

We just didn't take advantage. I do think it should not be used until like the 12th inning though. Play the 10th and 11th normal

That would be acceptable. The whole thing was dumb. Create a universal rule to counteract things that happen maybe twice a year.
Cappo
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

and this means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme

now count legitimate titles
jkag89
Cappo said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

2 to 1! So sad how poor Ranger fans are at simple math.
tjack16
AG
Cappo said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

According to MLB.com, Baseball reference, the commissioner and the banners flying at Minute Maid it says Astros have 2 and Rangers have 1
tjack16
AG
Alright looks like we've got an exciting silver boot

It'll be 5-5 after this game.

Comes down to the 3 games in Arlington
gigem1223
jetch17 said:

Draggin that sac

Smitty sure did
LeagueCityAg
AG

All I do is Nguyen
The season series is tied 5-5 and y'all still behind us in the standings, but yall acting like you've owned us lmao it's cute
LeagueCityAg
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

The season series is tied 5-5 and y'all still behind us in the standings, but yall acting like you've owned us lmao it's cute
You right now.
gigem1223
All I do is Nguyen said:

No one has said anything about owning anyone, except for the Astros circle jerk for the past couple pages. Y'all deserve everything you get.
fullback44
AG
Neither of these teams will get very far.. pitching not what it takes at this point .. much better teams right now
tjack16
AG
fullback44 said:

Neither of these teams will get very far.. pitching not what it takes at this point .. much better teams right now

Silver boot might be the only trophy attainable this year for both of us
DallasAg 94
fullback44 said:

Do you really believe that?!

It is the tale of two diverging views, IMO.

Starting Pitching:
6. Rangers: 3.81, 96G, 510.1 IP, 455 SO. 10 SPs used so far
10. Astros: 4.24, 96G, 511.2 IP, 483 SO. 10 SPs used so far

Playoff rotation right now:
Rangers: Eovaldi, Scherzer, Lorenzen / depth: Heaney, Gray, Urena
Astros: Blanco, Framber, Brown / depth: Arrighetti, Dubin, Bloss

Possibly coming
Rangers: Mahle, deGrom, Bradford, Dunning
Astros: Garcia, Verlander

Blanco is playoff worthy, this season, but you have to admit, Framber and Brown wouldn't even be in the Top6 available Rangers SP and we're likely to get Mahle back in a couple weeks.

Let's pretend that Blanco and Eovaldi are close enough to call a wash.
Scherzer v Framber?
Lorenzen v Brown?

Your #4 and #5 are both minor league guys. If Verlander gets back, maybe we're mentioning him sliding in your playoff rotation.

ETA Garcia to the Astros hopefuls.
fullback44
AG
If the Stroe get some of our pitchers back, yeah they could, but we need to get some of them back first

I don't know much Rangers pitching..
tjack16
AG
Framber with his 3.66 ERA not in the top 6 of the Rangers rotation?

What are y'all the the 90s Braves
South Platte
tjack16 said:

Framber with his 3.66 ERA not in the top 6 of the Rangers rotation?

What are y'all the the 90s Braves

I think you just walked right into a DallasAg statistical ambush. Don't poke the bear.
DallasAg 94
Who?

Verlander. When is he due back?
LMJ? Bullpen arm at best.

I'm not aware of anyone else you will be getting back. Maybe I'm wrong.
Silent For Too Long
Garcia.
Silent For Too Long
In all sincerity good series Arlington. Your team needed a big series win against your benchmark heading into the all star break.

This looks like we might have both teams finally playing good ball.

Dallasag, I thought you were dead. Why you go around deleting your zombie posts so much brosephus?
Grapesoda2525
Silent For Too Long said:

In all sincerity good series Arlington. Your team needed a big series win against your benchmark heading into the all star break.

This looks like we might have both teams finally playing good ball.

Dallasag, I thought you were dead. Why you go around deleting your zombie posts so much brosephus?
He defended Odor so much, I wouldn't blame him for going back and trying to delete all of those posts.
DallasAg 94
I didn't realize Garcia was that close to returning.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/07/astros-notes-garcia-verlander-tucker.html

Quote:

The Astros are pulling back a bit on right-hander Luis Garcia's rehab process after he didn't rebound well follow his most recent start in the minors, manager Joe Espada told reporters (including Matt Kawahara of the Houston Chronicle) on Friday.
He is comp to Mahle, but looks to be a few weeks behind Mahle in their return.

Looks like Verlander could be back by the end of the month. It'll be interesting to see who returns 1st... Verlander or deGrom.

Thanks.
DallasAg 94
I've deleted my posts after a couple months for several years, now. 7? 8? For many of the reasons you'd expect. Watching the cancel culture starting with HS prospects and then with the elections since 2016, SCJ Kavanaugh, and then Covid... it isn't worth the risk that someone decides they want to come after me. I have nothing to hide, but was attacked vociferously IRL because I didn't get the Vaxx. Like, I was told by one of my employees that anyone who doesn't get the Vaxx should be unemployable.

Hader's past postings as a 16... 17 year old were very much an issue for him and come to the surface this past off-season as a concern for some teams.

I was specifically asked to keep my posts on Rangers threads for the reasons you'd think. Small community and the friendly banter and predictions are often referenced without any real life threat.

This is the only place I'm really active in Social Media (because of the anonymity), but I have a presence on other platforms and have an easily identifiable footprint.
DallasAg 94
Had nothing to do with Odor. I stand by my comments. He had the opportunity to be one of the best power hitting 2B of all time.

Current All-Time HRs by as a 2B:
1. Kent: 351
2. Cano: 316

Others of note:
Bret Boone: 251
Uggla: 234
Biggio: 226
Altuve: 221
Alomar: 207
Dozier: 184
Odor: 173

Odor is 30 and was sitting at 136 HRs at age 25.
Altuve had 36 at the age of 25. and was 30 before he reached 133.

The Rangers implemented the 3 real options strategy and it was the downfall for Odor. Probably the contract money, as well. Like many athletes, they never reach their full potential and that appears to be the case with Odor, aside from still being in the NYY organization.

Mock the comments all you want. The numbers are there.
LB12Diamond
AG
Dang Rangers

Is that singer a family friend of the owner.
Mr Gigem
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Dang Rangers

Is that singer a family friend of the owner.

Rangers didn't pick the singer. This MLB's event. They picked and approved whatever the **** that was

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.