Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

138,176 Views | 1988 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Grapesoda2525
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Rangers keep racking up records
Hornbeck
AG
I guess I didn't realize that NYC lost both the Giants and the Dodgers in the same year.

Ouch.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Hornbeck said:

I guess I didn't realize that NYC lost both the Giants and the Dodgers in the same year.

Ouch.

Walter O'Malley wanted someone to go west with him to make the travel viable for all the rest of the teams. After Robert Moses wouldn't help him get some land to replace Ebbetts he reached out to the Giants who needed to replace the polo grounds. Moses wanted the dodgers to move to Queens where they ended up building Shea.
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
tjack16
AG

Rangers haven't dropped their 2024 playoff video yet but I'll post it when they do
All I do is Nguyen
tjack16 said:

Rangers haven't dropped their 2024 playoff video yet but I'll post it when they do
Harder than a diamond in an ice storm! LFG BABY!!!
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Marvin
AG
So the Rangers and Diamondbacks followed up the lowest rated World Series in history with September exits.

Some people might call that being irrelevant. Not me, of course, but some people...
GoAgs11
can someone help me I cant find the rangers first playoff game schedule?

lmao yall suck
Prosperdick
AG
Marvin said:

So the Rangers and Diamondbacks followed up the lowest rated World Series in history with September exits.

Some people might call that being irrelevant. Not me, of course, but some people...

If a rangerette falls on a golf course and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?
RO519
AG
Fall is in the air, playoff baseball starts in a few hours and the Rangers are sitting at home!!!
Mr Gigem
AG
Astros play in a few hours and you're thinking about the Rangers. How sweet
ahpetty33
AG
I think the real important question weighing on everyone's mind before a playoff series is how many viewers are going to watch? Surely since no one cares about the tigers this playoff series is meaningless
tjack16
AG
ahpetty33 said:

I think the real important question weighing on everyone's mind before a playoff series is how many viewers are going to watch? Surely since no one cares about the tigers this playoff series is meaningless

I know of quite a few Rangers fans that will be probably watching
JWinTX
Maybe the Astros should ask the Rangers if they can play all their playoff games here? Seems like it would be a good idea for both teams. Y'all can win again and our owner who really values $$$$ can get paid.
jkag89
JWinTX said:

Maybe the Astros should ask the Rangers if they can play all their playoff games here? Seems like it would be a good idea for both teams. Y'all can win again and our owner who really values $$$$ can get paid.
We've discussed this at some point this season on the Astros thread. I suggested faking the roof stuck half open/closed and playing the games at Constellation Field in Sugar Land. However I'm sure Manfred would not go for a postseason game in a venue that only holds only about 8,000 fans.

Last postseason I suggest playing with the roof open, switching home and away dugouts, anything that might be as a possible way to break this streak of being awful at home in October.
tjack16
AG
JWinTX said:

What's weird is that we actually played pretty well at home this year in the regular season. I think today it was just we faced the best pitcher in the American league and he had his A+ game.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Tarik Skubal seems to make a lot of teams suck at home.
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
They are the definition of one hit wonders!!!!
South Platte
tjack16 said:

JWinTX said:

I think today it was just we faced the best pitcher in the American league and he had his A+ game.
I thought it was a gift to Houston for Hinch to take him out at 88 pitches. Unless Hinch is so supremely confident they are going to win this series that he brings him back on 3 days rest for Game 1 vs. Cleveland.
tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

JWinTX said:

I think today it was just we faced the best pitcher in the American league and he had his A+ game.
I thought it was a gift to Houston for Hinch to take him out at 88 pitches. Unless Hinch is so supremely confident they are going to win this series that he brings him back on 3 days rest for Game 1 vs. Cleveland.

Honestly I wonder if Hinch did that so that he could possibly throw and inning or two in a game 3 if needed
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

JWinTX said:

Honestly I wonder if Hinch did that so that he could possibly throw and inning or two in a game 3 if needed
2-day rest after throwing 80+ postseason pitches. Seems like a poor idea especially if you want any chance of winning the DS and not injuring your star controllable arm.
Mathguy64
AG
It's not complicated. Today is HB. If he goes south fast it's Spencer on deck. Tomorrow it's Kikuchi and Spencer if he's not been used.
rgag12
AG
Checking in on that Hader acquisition. Turned out good, yes?
tjack16
AG
rgag12 said:

Pressly got us into that mess so not blaming Hader as much right now
Craigy
what does "if necessary" mean ?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Mack Brown on a Mobile said:

They are the definition of one hit wonders!!!!

Might be a little early to declare a one hit wonder. If the Rangers don't do anything the next couple of years, you will be right.
Double Talkin' Jive...
htxag09
AG
lol now the rangerettes feel safe crawling out of their holes they've been hiding in the last couple months….
tjack16
AG
tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Nice team and season, Astros fans
Yep pretty impressive. Won't say congrats, and I hope they lose quickly, but that was a damn good turnaround. Much respect.

I'd rather lose quickly in the playoffs than not make it at all
Ya think?!?!

I'm just saying… I can see it now if the Astros get bumped before the World Series. Rangers fans will be vocal even though they didn't get invited to the party

And here they come
South Platte
tjack16 said:

rgag12 said:

Hader actually pitched really well this season in save opportunities. He was not good when the game was tied.

He was a cancer in the SD clubhouse and they've thrived without him whining about how often he pitches.
tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

rgag12 said:

Hader actually pitched really well this season in save opportunities. He was not good when the game was tied.

He was a cancer in the SD clubhouse and they've thrived without him whining about how often he pitches.

It's year 1 of the deal so I'm not ready to say it was a flop. Our offense is the reason we are about to get swept

You can't score 3 runs in two games but then get mad at the pitchers for losing
Legal Custodian
AG
Congrats on playing 2 more games than us this year! Here's to an exciting divisional race next year
fc2112
Tigers celebrating on the field at Enron Field.

Glorious.
Cappo
AG
rgag12 said:

Marvin
AG
fc2112 said:

Tigers celebrating on the field at Enron Field.

Glorious.

You hiding in shame all summer because your team sucked ass was more glorious.
tjack16
AG
Any rangers fans have any advice on how we should spend the rest of our October? Haven't ended the season this early since Trevor Knight was leading the Aggie football team

Also yeah looks like both of our teams sucked this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.