Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

122,213 Views | 1783 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by tjack16
JohnnyTexAg1995
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So again where is this historical dominance you spoke of? Just curious!
GoAgs11
my fav is garcia he will fade into oblivion just another DFW d bag
GoAgs11
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Have you already disowned the cowboys as well?

Let the record state… that AGAIN, a Houston Astros fan brought up other sports for some dumb **** reason. despite the fact that DFW sport teams have absolutely owned Houston sports teams recently and all time historically.
this is how you know your city sucks at sports beating your chest about titles won during the clinton era
GoAgs11
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

it what' losing sport cities point to

also

Dynamos 2 titles FC Dallas 0
GoAgs11
Grapesoda2525 said:

I know you guys have 1 and 1/2 championships of your own, but winning it all last year makes this year easier to stomach.

We had a massive massive playoff hang over. Jung being injured in the 3rd or 4th game of the year really took the wind out of our sails, Losing wonder boy Carter also hurt.

Scherzer and Degrom never could get healthy enough to help us this year. It just wasn't in the cards.

I feel pretty secure in that you guys won't be "raising the banner" when your ace currently has an era over 8.00 since coming back.
1 1/2? Is that what rangerretes tell themselves to feel better/?
GoAgs11
Rangers WS title is like the Mavs no one remembers or cares.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Houston football vs Dallas football

Which one you taking, "historically"?

The oilers futility wasn't just a nightmare. It did exist.

Both teams have been the definition of mediocrity since the Texans have been in the league.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Both teams have been the definition of mediocrity since the Texans have been in the league.
ah the T-Sip argument, well at least hey have a title this millennium haha you said recently and historically and basically other than a couple cowboys championships when half of the people on this thread we teenagers or babies Houston Sports has dominated
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

ah the T-Sip argument, well at least hey have a title this millennium haha you said recently and historically and basically other than a couple cowboys championships when half of the people on this thread we teenagers or babies Houston Sports has dominated

Dude, you brought up the 2 Jordanless Rockets' championships.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

yeah cause I was talking about years that all the teams existed. Keep trying to cope man your take is almost as freezing cold as Dallas Ag saying none of the Astros pitchers could crack the Rangers rotation
GoAgs11
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Jordan played the second one, why didnt the mavs win when he was gone...same ole tired shtchik ..also those titles were highlighted by the greatest center of all time The dream..
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Honestly, I don't really care about Jordan being out and was a Rockets fan growing up. I just know dorks like you get riled up about it.
tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Oilers? Why are we bringing up the Titans history into this… they're in Nashville
TarponChaser
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Do you guys ever get outside of Houston? Does it ever bother you that other mlb fans think you're all ******s for celebrating a tainted World Series that no other fans respect? Isn't that what sports is all about, being able to be proud of your team?

I know you'll say it doesn't, but we all know it does.

Congrats on the season. Hope Marvin's wife is okay this postseason.

I don't bother myself with the criticism of hypocrites because every damn team in the league was doing the same thing. Anybody denying that is just being willfully ignorant.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Oilers? Why are we bringing up the Titans history into this… they're in Nashville

It does beg the question, why does Houston suck so much that they lost their franchise to Nashville?
tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

It does beg the question, why does Houston suck so much that they lost their franchise to Nashville?

I'm probably one of the only Houstonians who does not care about the oilers. I was born in 1993 so I have zero connection to them.
jetch17
AG

jkag89
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

And Dallas' first NFL franchise went belly up.
Mathguy64
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Better than losing your franchise to Irving.
DallasAg 94
Let's start with some reflection on SPs.

I know you guys have been begging for it... you need to be validated by us in DFW like a puppy begging for a treat when they take a dump outside.

Houston:
Valdez: 27GS, 2.85 ERA, 170.2 IP <- Fantastic season. He eliminated the emotional disasters and has emerged as a SP as good as one has.
11GS, 1.74 ERA (#1 in MLB) post-ASB

Blanco: 27GS, 2.88 ERA, 156.1 IP <- I didn't think he'd sustain the great start.
9GS, 3.61 ERA (#24 in MLB) post-ASB

Brown : 29GS, 3.57 ERA, 164.0 IP <- Made an adjustment that changed his season and made it work the rest of the season.
11GS, 2.33 ERA (#7 in MLB) post-ASB

Kikuchi: 9GS, 3.00 ERA, 54.0 IP <- Very effective mid-season pickup.

Here it is... the Astros SP has emerged as one of the best in MLB. They were a disaster to start the season and looked to be in trouble, but they made the necessary adjustment to help lift the Astros into the playoffs. I was wrong about most... if not all my projections and expectations. Specific to Brown. He made a mid-season adjustment and I didn't expect it to withstand the season. Blanco injected more focus on his change-up early in the season and had success... I expected teams to make adjustments and expose him. Valdez has always seemed to have really good stuff. The report on him was to get in his head, rattle him, and off his game and he'd fall apart. He has stepped up and anchored the rotation.

Would I still put Brown at #6 on the Rangers staff?
Eovaldi and Heaney are proven post-season winners. Nothing changes that.
Brown and Bradford are very similar. They will be interesting to compare in future seasons. Both taken in the same draft. I'd put Brown ahead of him based on season durability.

I would take deGrom as T3. If the Rangers were still competing for a playoff spot, I think he'd be getting more PC and has shown he is unhittable. Hard to say about Scherzer... Urena and Lorenzen probably dropped out of the Top.

I'd put Brown probably 4th: Eovaldi, Heaney, deGrom, Brown.

As a sidenote, as mentioned previously... I stand by my opinions and haven't hidden or disappeared. I delete posts as a matter of principle to help ensure my anonymity and have done that for years mainly in the Politics Forum. This is the only social media I have ever been active on.

I was specifically asked on the Rangers threads to keep them and have mostly complied. I started several years ago when people were getting canceled for stupid stuff taken out of context.

For those that speculate about the Cowboys or Mavs... I don't think I've ever posted on the NFL or NBA Forums. Not a fan of either franchise. Never have. Never will. It may well be 30+ years since I've seen a complete regular season game in either League.

Any other questions or reflection you'd like for me... I'll be around.for a period of time.
Chrundle the Great
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I was wrong

TLDR condensed version
Hornbeck
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I was wrong

TLDR condensed version

I regret that I have but one star for this post.
Marvin
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Let's start with some reflection on SPs.

I know you guys have been begging for it... you need to be validated by us in DFW like a puppy begging for a treat when they take a dump outside.

Houston:
Valdez: 27GS, 2.85 ERA, 170.2 IP <- Fantastic season. He eliminated the emotional disasters and has emerged as a SP as good as one has.
11GS, 1.74 ERA (#1 in MLB) post-ASB

Blanco: 27GS, 2.88 ERA, 156.1 IP <- I didn't think he'd sustain the great start.
9GS, 3.61 ERA (#24 in MLB) post-ASB

Brown : 29GS, 3.57 ERA, 164.0 IP <- Made an adjustment that changed his season and made it work the rest of the season.
11GS, 2.33 ERA (#7 in MLB) post-ASB

Kikuchi: 9GS, 3.00 ERA, 54.0 IP <- Very effective mid-season pickup.

Here it is... the Astros SP has emerged as one of the best in MLB. They were a disaster to start the season and looked to be in trouble, but they made the necessary adjustment to help lift the Astros into the playoffs. I was wrong about most... if not all my projections and expectations. Specific to Brown. He made a mid-season adjustment and I didn't expect it to withstand the season. Blanco injected more focus on his change-up early in the season and had success... I expected teams to make adjustments and expose him. Valdez has always seemed to have really good stuff. The report on him was to get in his head, rattle him, and off his game and he'd fall apart. He has stepped up and anchored the rotation.

Would I still put Brown at #6 on the Rangers staff?
Eovaldi and Heaney are proven post-season winners. Nothing changes that.
Brown and Bradford are very similar. They will be interesting to compare in future seasons. Both taken in the same draft. I'd put Brown ahead of him based on season durability.

I would take deGrom as T3. If the Rangers were still competing for a playoff spot, I think he'd be getting more PC and has shown he is unhittable. Hard to say about Scherzer... Urena and Lorenzen probably dropped out of the Top.

I'd put Brown probably 4th: Eovaldi, Heaney, deGrom, Brown.

As a sidenote, as mentioned previously... I stand by my opinions and haven't hidden or disappeared. I delete posts as a matter of principle to help ensure my anonymity and have done that for years mainly in the Politics Forum. This is the only social media I have ever been active on.

I was specifically asked on the Rangers threads to keep them and have mostly complied. I started several years ago when people were getting canceled for stupid stuff taken out of context.

For those that speculate about the Cowboys or Mavs... I don't think I've ever posted on the NFL or NBA Forums. Not a fan of either franchise. Never have. Never will. It may well be 30+ years since I've seen a complete regular season game in either League.

Any other questions or reflection you'd like for me... I'll be around.for a period of time.

You buried the lede, but good job. Glad to have you back.
DallasAg 94
Chrundle the Great said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I was wrong

TLDR condensed version
Astros SP was better than I expected and gave them credit. It was the difference between where the Astros are and the Rangers are. I don't mind the taste of crow. I ate it every NYD under RC Slocum.
jkag89
Quote:

Houston fans are bragging about wildcard playoff wins? That's pretty embarrassing.
I don't recall any Pokes divisional round playoff wins in the same time span. Let's face it the Cowboys have been a slightly better team than the Texans since they've come into the league.
South Platte
jkag89 said:

Quote:

Houston fans are bragging about wildcard playoff wins? That's pretty embarrassing.
I don't recall any Pokes divisional round playoff wins in the same time span. Let's face it the Cowboys have been a slightly better team than the Texans since they've come into the league.

Not a Cowboys fan, but I'm pretty sure the Texans have had the most 1st overall draft picks in the league. They are showing signs of life this year and I love Meco, but along with the Redskins, they have clearly been the worst franchise in the NFL.
75AG
AG
Rangers suck so many man sex organs.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That was weird.
All I do is Nguyen
South Platte said:

jkag89 said:

Quote:

Not a Cowboys fan, but I'm pretty sure the Texans have had the most 1st overall draft picks in the league. They are showing signs of life this year and I love Meco, but along with the Redskins, they have clearly been the worst franchise in the NFL.
You have obviously forgotten the Browns exist
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
All I do is Nguyen
Wanted to say a genuine congrats to the Rangers! We won the Cancun World Series last year so good luck!

No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Marvin
AG
With their 82nd loss, the Rangers join the dubious list of WS winners who field a losing team the next year.

It's not good when you tell the Washington Nationals to hold your beer.
Ciboag96
jkag89
South Platte said:

jkag89 said:

Quote:

By what metric?
tjack16
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.