Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

122,246 Views | 1783 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by tjack16
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Remember when all the good little boys of Arlington down played 7+ ALCS appearances and assured us they were about to "go on a run of their own?"

It really isn't that impressive… it's more impressive to win the World Series and then finish below .500. That's probably more rare
Daddy-O5
AG
Daddy-O5
AG
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

Prosperdick said:

Nice title defense losers. I'm sure y'all will let the seamen sweep you as you slunk away into the off-season. Can't believe all the s*** you talked but I shouldn't be surprised.

In our defense, we don't actually play in the games. I didn't strike out all season. What it is ….

Oh, I'm going to call one big stinking BS on this point. Why? Because damn near every one of you guys called us cheaters and trash after 2017. We didn't suit up either and had nothing to do with it all, but all of you went open season on us. So, forgive me if I fail your basic logic test.
Satellite of Love
I guess the juice was only good for 1 season.
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

South Platte said:

Prosperdick said:

Nice title defense losers. I'm sure y'all will let the seamen sweep you as you slunk away into the off-season. Can't believe all the s*** you talked but I shouldn't be surprised.

In our defense, we don't actually play in the games. I didn't strike out all season. What it is ….

Oh, I'm going to call one big stinking BS on this point. Why? Because damn near every one of you guys called us cheaters and trash after 2017. We didn't suit up either and had nothing to do with it all, but all of you went open season on us. So, forgive me if I fail your basic logic test.

Marvin dropping the mic on em. Well said
JohnnyTexAg1995
tjack16 said:

Marvin said:

South Platte said:

Prosperdick said:

yep I'll also add that Astros fans were made fun of mercilessly for collecting replica rings, and how it was silly. But for the past month like 30% of the action on the thread was about how early you had to show up to the games to get a replica ring haha
tjack16
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

tjack16 said:

Marvin said:

South Platte said:

Prosperdick said:

yep I'll also add that Astros fans were made fun of mercilessly for collecting replica rings, and how it was silly. But for the past month like 30% of the action on the thread was about how early you had to show up to the games to get a replica ring haha

Also in last years thread we were told "who cares about the 2022 World Series, it's 2023 now that's in the past"

All the while they flooded the 2024 thread with gifs and pics from their 2023 World Series
jkag89
Arlington has to fall back on to hyping their farm system.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't think I've ever seen a farm system fall out of favor so quickly. Last I saw that were in the bottom handful.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Farmer1906 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a farm system fall out of favor so quickly. Last I saw that were in the bottom handful.
they called up all their good prospects, and now the cupboard is bare
GoAgs11
My favorite is garcia dude will fade away into oblivion
jetch17
AG
Stupid dildos.
Grapesoda2525
I know you guys have 1 and 1/2 championships of your own, but winning it all last year makes this year easier to stomach.

We had a massive massive playoff hang over. Jung being injured in the 3rd or 4th game of the year really took the wind out of our sails, Losing wonder boy Carter also hurt.

Scherzer and Degrom never could get healthy enough to help us this year. It just wasn't in the cards.

I feel pretty secure in that you guys won't be "raising the banner" when your ace currently has an era over 8.00 since coming back.
Mathguy64
AG
Our aces are both top 10 starters in the league. I get that they can't start for Arlington because yall are so stacked, but Framber and HB are top 10 in the league.

Top 5 the last half of the season.
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I know you guys have 1 and 1/2 championships of your own, but winning it all last year makes this year easier to stomach.

We had a massive massive playoff hang over. Jung being injured in the 3rd or 4th game of the year really took the wind out of our sails, Losing wonder boy Carter also hurt.

Scherzer and Degrom never could get healthy enough to help us this year. It just wasn't in the cards.

I feel pretty secure in that you guys won't be "raising the banner" when your ace currently has an era over 8.00 since coming back.

The "ace" you're referring too will likely not start a playoff game. Our actual aces are Framber (2.85 ERA) and Brown (3.57 ERA). We also have Blanco (2.88 ERA) and Kikuchi (3.10 ERA with Houston)

Also I'm unfamiliar with the term "playoff hangover"… what does that mean?
Silent For Too Long
Sounds like the Astros have been hair of the dogging their playoff hangover for 8 straight years...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Has there ever been another manager/head coach in sports with this ridiculously bad record after winning championships? Bochy is now 0-4 making the playoffs in seasons following a title. That's just wild.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Are we just functional alcoholics now?
jkag89
Pitching is not a major concern with the Astros heading into the postseason. Now plating enough runs to support the starters . . .

Playoff hangover??!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!?!?!?! You're using this excuse with a fan base whose team, baring a complete collapse, is about to clinch its 9th postseason appearance in the last ten seasons which happens to match the Rangers total for its entire history.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Grapesoda2525 said:

we feel so bad for your injuries, crazy that no other team in MLB has had injuries they had to overcome with depth. So unfortunate
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Do you guys ever get outside of Houston? Does it ever bother you that other mlb fans think you're all ******s for celebrating a tainted World Series that no other fans respect? Isn't that what sports is all about, being able to be proud of your team?

I know you'll say it doesn't, but we all know it does.

Congrats on the season. Hope Marvin's wife is okay this postseason.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Do you guys ever get outside of Houston? Does it ever bother you that other mlb fans think you're all ******s for celebrating a tainted World Series that no other fans respect? Isn't that what sports is all about, being able to be proud of your team?

I feel pretty good also enjoy the whole MLB calling your title a fluke, that is if they ever remember it!

Luckily my pride doesn't give a **** what you or others think! I lived in NYC during 2017-2021 so nothing a butthurt Rangerette fan can say would be worse than butthurt Yankee fans and I was pretty damn proud then

Thank bro!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I feel pretty good also enjoy the whole MLB calling your title a fluke, that is if they ever remember it!

Luckily my pride doesn't give a **** what you or others think! I lived in NYC during 2017-2021 so nothing a butthurt Rangerette fan can say would be worse than butthurt Yankee fans and I was pretty damn proud then

Thank bro!

You don't seem bothered. Good for you!
JohnnyTexAg1995
Not at all, enjoys watching mediocre football and have everyone make fun of that team too
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Huh?
JohnnyTexAg1995
Have you already disowned the cowboys as well?
tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

We won it all in 2022 as well as winning the pennant in 2019 and 2021. If people don't think that 2017 team was good enough to win it then that's on them.

If A&M won a national title this year but nobody outside of college station respected it, I doubt you'd care either. Just like if it comes out in 2 years that the rangers cheated, you'd still celebrate the title because odds are you have amazing memories surrounding that championship just like we do with 2017.

MLB still recognizes the 2017 title, that's all that matters to me. If it got stripped (like Louisville basketball 2013), then it's different story.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Let the record state… that AGAIN, a Houston Astros fan brought up other sports for some dumb **** reason. despite the fact that DFW sport teams have absolutely owned Houston sports teams recently and all time historically.
Farmer1906
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

This is the best you can muster. *yawn*

The last time we missed the playoffs, Obama was president. Arlington is not on our level. Just a flash in the pan. Which is better than the never was you were for all of your previous history.

Daddy is still Daddy.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

We won it all in 2022 as well as winning the pennant in 2019 and 2021. If people don't think that 2017 team was good enough to win it then that's on them.

If A&M won a national title this year but nobody outside of college station respected it, I doubt you'd care either. Just like if it comes out in 2 years that the rangers cheated, you'd still celebrate the title because odds are you have amazing memories surrounding that championship just like we do with 2017.

MLB still recognizes the 2017 title, that's all that matters to me. If it got stripped (like Louisville basketball 2013), then it's different story.

Meh, if it came out that the Aggies absolutely cheated to gain a competitive advantage, I'd be pretty embarrassed. I'd be happy for the memories, but definitely wouldn't go celebrating it, since people would snicker (and they'd be right for doing so).

Appreciate the response though.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Let the record state… that AGAIN, a Houston Astros fan brought up other sports for some dumb **** reason. despite the fact that DFW sport teams have absolutely owned Houston sports teams recently and all time historically.
the Astros have as many postseason appearances in the last decade as the Ranger have in their entire history, the Texans have more playoff wins than the cowboys since they came into the league as an expansion team, the rockets have more titles than the Mavericks since the mavericks became a team. What is this historic dominance you speak of?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

This is the best you can muster. *yawn*

The last time we missed the playoffs, Obama was president. Arlington is not on our level. Just a flash in the pan. Which is better than the never was you were for all of your previous history.

Daddy is still Daddy.

It's been a hell of a run*

I am actually serious when I say that. But yeah, I can't wait for it to end.
jkag89
Nobody would care about 2017 without the years of continued success after.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

the Astros have as many postseason appearances in the last decade as the Ranger have in their entire history, the Texans have more playoff wins than the cowboys since they came into the league as an expansion team, the rockets have more titles than the Mavericks since the mavericks became a team. What is this historic dominance you speak of?

Houston fans are bragging about wildcard playoff wins? That's pretty embarrassing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.