Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

117,088 Views | 1679 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by RO519
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Thanks for nothing Arlington
How do you think we feel?? Really nice win on Thursday followed up by a couple of brutal losses.

Probably time to retire this thread for the 2024 season. Surprised there isn't a Cowboys-Texans or Mavs-Rockets thread on the other forums.

After all the Adolis Garcia gifs we had to endure early in the season… nah this thing stays going until the Astros either get eliminated or win it all

Got any from this current season?

The Texas Rangers are still Houston's current World Champions and Garcia is the reigning ALCS MVP, thanks to the absolute best down the team gave the Astros.
Marvin
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

How do you think we feel?? Really nice win on Thursday followed up by a couple of brutal losses.

Probably time to retire this thread for the 2024 season. Surprised there isn't a Cowboys-Texans or Mavs-Rockets thread on the other forums.

After all the Adolis Garcia gifs we had to endure early in the season… nah this thing stays going until the Astros either get eliminated or win it all

The Texas Rangers are still Houston's current World Champions and Garcia is the reigning ALCS MVP, thanks to the absolute best down the team gave the Astros.

That's the spirit! Glad a couple of you showed back up.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Marvin said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

I hope your wife is okay from her being pushed by a Rangers fan in your stadium last season.
tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

I look forward to seeing y'all in the playoffs this year.

Wait… the rangers will be there right? Surely your title defense won't end in a couple of weeks before October
Mathguy64
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Yep. True. Reigning champs until you are officially eliminated from repeating. Which is when? 3 losses? 4 losses?

Like Thanos, it's inevitable.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Wait… the rangers will be there right? Surely your title defense won't end in a couple of weeks before October

Good luck closing out the season! It's doubtful to happen, but man it would be funny if the Mariners overtook you guys.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Yep. True. Reigning champs until you are officially eliminated from repeating. Which is when? 3 losses? 4 losses?

Reigning champs until there is a new one.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Good luck closing out the season! It's doubtful to happen, but man it would be funny if the Mariners overtook you guys.
Or if the A's overtook you!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

The better draft pick might be worth it, Mr Hunter.
tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

In all seriousness.. I do expect y'all to be good again next year. Too much talent on the roster
The Porkchop Express
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Man, that Cowboys loss has you just swinging in all directions today.
Marvin
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Marvin said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

I hope your wife is okay from her being pushed by a Rangers fan in your stadium last season.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but I'll choose to believe the best. She is great but still leery of large crowds. We usually stay seated until the ushers kick us out to avoid the foot traffic, home or away. Still cheering her Astros on, though!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Man, that Cowboys loss has you just swinging in all directions today.

I actually didn't get to watch it, thankfully. It was out of market since I live in Oregon.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

In all seriousness.. I do expect y'all to be good again next year. Too much talent on the roster

Likewise. I actually placed a large bet on Houston 1st and Seattle 2nd at the beginning of the season as an emotional hedge after finally getting a World Series last year. So, I actually do hope y'all can close it out.

But then I hope you promptly lose in the first series.
tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Likewise. I actually placed a large bet on Houston 1st and Seattle 2nd at the beginning of the season as an emotional hedge after finally getting a World Series last year. So, I actually do hope y'all can close it out.

I think we get to the ALCS but right now I would pick the Yankees or Orioles to win that.

I think it's the Phillies year
jkag89
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Mathguy64 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

Reigning champs until there is a new one.
I agree but will soon no longer be Defending World Series Champs. I'm sure when this happens you'll inform STAFF so they'll modify the title on y'alls season thread to reflect that reality.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Wabs said:

I think we get to the ALCS but right now I would pick the Yankees or Orioles to win that.

I think it's the Phillies year

I wouldn't rule out CLE. Going to be especially interesting if both of you are in a division race during that last series.
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Agree. Clase is the one pitcher I hope we do not have to face in the postseason. Historic year and just downright filthy
fullback44
AG
Man those Cowgirls today .. holy smokes, I haven't seen a beat down like that in a while. Worse is letting NO do that, those corn dogs may be yapping in Htown all week. Better hide your pet nutria rats in Houston, the corn dogs will be searching for gumbo ingredients this week
Farmer1906
AG
Sounds like the Ms are punkinh Arlington.

AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Elimination # for the defending champs is 4...heartbreaking
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Sounds like the Ms are punkinh Arlington.

Julio Rodriguez should be worrying about his titanic dropoff at the plate.

2023 102 runs scored, 180 hits, 37 2B, 32 HR, 103 RBi, 37 SB, .818 OPS
2024 65 runs, 134 hits, 15 2b, 16 HR, 53 RBi, 22 SB, .711

Not exactly what's supposed to happen at age 23

Hornbeck
AG
AlwaysNextYear89 said:

Elimination # for the defending champs is 4...heartbreaking

Sure played dead for the bear today…
GoAgs11
yikes DFW sports is in the toilet
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
GoAgs11 said:

Literally every single DFW sports team has been to and won a championship since their respective Houston rivals.
GoAgs11
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

GoAgs11 said:

Literally every single DFW sports team has been to and won a championship since their respective Houston rivals.
timeline smack? yall in the sewer forget the toilet
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
GoAgs11 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

GoAgs11 said:

I'm not sure it's timeline smack when it was literally last season for every team except the cowboys.
Mathguy64
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

GoAgs11 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

GoAgs11 said:

I'm not sure it's timeline smack when it was literally last season for every team except the cowboys.

Umm last I looked Florida won the Stanley Cup and Boston won the O'Brien.

Went to? Ok. Won? Nope.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

GoAgs11 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

GoAgs11 said:

Umm last I looked Florida won the Stanley Cup and Boston won the O'Brien.

Went to? Ok. Won? Nope.

I know it's been a while since you've seen a Houston (other than the Astros, obviously) team in the finals of their sport, but I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Either way… city sports smack coming from a Houston fan, is pretty stupid, don't you think?
Farmer1906
AG
Yeah it's so tough to be in the finals 4 times in the last 7 years.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yeah it's so tough to be in the finals 4 times in the last 7 years.

It's been an amazing run. Mathguy unfortunately didn't get to celebrate them since he only celebrates championships.
Farmer1906
AG
Yes and no. I promise there was no celebration after losing to the Braves or Nats. Plenty to celebrate while winning the CS tho, then later reflecting back.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yes and no. I promise there was no celebration after losing to the Braves or Nats. Plenty to celebrate while winning the CS tho, then later reflecting back.

That's pretty much exactly my point…. No one celebrated the Stars or Mavs losing their finals, but definitely celebrated winning the conference finals.
South Platte
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

GoAgs11 said:

Yep. In case you forgot, Mavs added Klay Thompson. Tilman scooped up a 4th straight lottery pick. He should probably stick to dishing out sea bass and sell the team.
jetch17
AG
JFC, circled back around to any other sport smack … again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.