Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

111,106 Views | 1589 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Ciboag96
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The "but, but, but... everybody's doing it" was actually the first response predicted on the other thread.

What do I win?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cappo
AG

Marvin
AG
agent-maroon said:

The "but, but, but... everybody's doing it" was actually the first response predicted on the other thread.

What do I win?

My first response was to kick him out if he cheated- go check my first response on the other thread.

What do I win?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mathguy64
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

When did that happen for scherzer?

You can't be that obtuse.
tjack16
AG
So my question is this… it's happened a few times this year for some other teams and they either made them change gloves, or wash their hands between innings. (Scherzer had to go wash his hands, and Yamamoto had to switch gloves)

Blanco just got straight up ejected after his 3rd check of the game where the other two were fine.

What happened with this one that is that much more egregious? Not saying he's right or wrong just genuinely curious
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

So my question is this… it's happened a few times this year for some other teams and they either made them change gloves, or wash their hands between innings.

Blanco just got straight up ejected after his 3rd check of the game where the other two were fine.

What happened with this one that is that much more egregious? Not saying he's right or wrong just genuinely curious

The other guys were pitchers for teams in NY.
Farmer1906
AG
Because the umps make their own rules and handle it at their own digression.
agent-maroon
AG
Marvin said:

agent-maroon said:

What do I win?

My first response was to kick him out if he cheated- go check my first response on the other thread.

What do I win?
First to deflect on this thread. You would have to ask your peers about the other thread. I don't read it unless the astros are in the mix for the division lead. Maybe later this year or the next.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marvin
AG
agent-maroon said:

Marvin said:

agent-maroon said:

What do I win?

What do I win?
First to deflect on this thread. You would have to ask your peers about the other thread. I don't read it unless the astros are in the mix for the division lead. Maybe later this year or the next.

Ok, buh bye tough guy.
agent-maroon
AG
"Tough guy"? What? Did you somehow feel threatened by my post?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
tjack16 said:

So my question is this… it's happened a few times this year for some other teams and they either made them change gloves, or wash their hands between innings. (Scherzer had to go wash his hands, and Yamamoto had to switch gloves)

Most likely it was more egregious and the first two checks weren't "fine" but more warnings that it's borderline.
tjack16
AG

Even the A's announcer doesn't think Blanco should have been ejected
Aggies2009
AG
agent-maroon said:

What do I win?
An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do*

*If you can delude yourself into saying, "Everyone else does it!" then it doesn't count as cheating
tjack16
AG
Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

What do I win?

*If you can delude yourself into saying, "Everyone else does it!" then it doesn't count as cheating

Didn't the Aggie football team get a bowl ban and a bunch of sanctions in the 90s for cheating?
The Porkchop Express
AG
tjack16 said:

Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

What do I win?

Didn't the Aggie football team get a bowl ban and a bunch of sanctions in the 90s for cheating?
I tolerated the hell out of those teams because they were awesome.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Mathguy64
AG
Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

What do I win?

Great. Now do the Blue Merle.

And for a tool that goes around trying to troll users during no hitters you sure run with a great crowd.
Marvin
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

What do I win?

And for a tool that goes around trying to troll users during no hitters you sure run with a great crowd.

Easy on Saint agent-maroon. He's never told a lie since stepping on campus, nor has he ever wasted a minute at work or called in sick when he wasn't, because those would represent dishonesty and theft.
tjack16
AG
On a different note. I saw ring giveaway was last night.

Given that us Astros fans were told it was stupid for fans to want replica rings and collectibles from WS titles, I'm assuming rangers fans didn't want them?
Farmer1906
AG
Apparently there was a line 12 hours before the game.
agent-maroon
AG
Marvin said:

Mathguy64 said:

Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

What do I win?

Easy on Saint agent-maroon. He's never told a lie since stepping on campus, nor has he ever wasted a minute at work or called in sick when he wasn't, because those would represent dishonesty and theft.
Couple of points to be made

I'm not Aggies2009

I'm not a saint and never claimed to be, but I do not respect those who cheat to attain their professional goals. You obviously feel differently so please continue to wear that label loud & proud
Marvin
AG
agent-maroon said:

Marvin said:

Mathguy64 said:

Aggies2009 said:

agent-maroon said:

What do I win?

Couple of points to be made

I'm not Aggies2009

I'm not a saint and never claimed to be, but I do not respect those who cheat to attain their professional goals. You obviously feel differently so please continue to wear that label loud & proud

Apparently you are illiterate in addition to being a hypocrite. I said on the Astros thread, and told you, to run anyone, Blanco or anyone else, caught cheating. Play by the rules or suffer the consequences.

Guess that doesn't fit your base attempt at arrogance. Nice try, but I don't suffer fools. You're now on ignore, so talk to yourself.
agent-maroon
AG
Speaking of being illiterate, did you miss where I posted that I'm not reading the astros thread?

And oh noes! I'm being ignored by some random astros fan! Whatever will I do?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
It has been 0 days since the Astros were involved in cheating.
Farmer1906
AG
Who was the last good starting pitcher the Rangers developed?

I didn't expect Leiter to excel, but the bottom 1% in baseball is rough.

DallasAg 94
Farmer1906 said:

Bradford?
Farmer1906
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Bradford?
I guess that is a possibility. He's done well in his 3 starts this year. Last year wasn't pretty though.

I stumbled across this on Savant. Last 10 years of pitchers drafted by the Rangers that have reached MLB.

Farmer1906
AG
And to be fair, Astros pitching draft picks have not been any better. However, our international signings and development were unmatched over the last decade - Framber, Javier, Urquidy, Blanco, Abreu (RP).
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
DallasAg 94
Neat-O.

Still early on Bradford, but you said that last one. That would require youth, no?!

You could take your pick... either Ragans or Dunning, as well. If you say Ragans doesn't count because he went to KC... then you have to give the Rangers credit for Dunning for the same reason.

A fact to remember about Leiter is that he is 24... about the age the Astros found Blanco while he was washing cars... and then turned him into a Cy Young contender.
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Neat-O.

Still early on Bradford, but you said that last one. That would require youth, no?!

You could take your pick... either Ragans or Dunning, as well. If you say Ragans doesn't count because he went to KC... then you have to give the Rangers credit for Dunning for the same reason.

A fact to remember about Leiter is that he is 24... about the age the Astros found Blanco while he was washing cars... and then turned him into a Cy Young contender.

Let's see how Blanco does now that he can't rely on sticky stuff
DallasAg 94
Farmer1906 said:

And to be fair, Astros pitching draft picks have not been any better. However, our international signings and development were unmatched over the last decade - Framber, Javier, Urquidy, Blanco, Abreu (RP).
And that doesn't sound alarms, to you?!

You take a guy washing cars at 22-23... someone nobody was interested in, and in a couple years turn into Cy Young?!

Astros signed Framber for $10K at age 21... and in 3 years turn him into a MLB SP.

And yet, the Astros can't do that with American kids who have thrown a baseball for 10+ years?!

The Rangers have never had a good track record developing pitching... much has been said about pitching in the heat in July/August outdoors... as well as the original design of RBiA for hitters.

We'll see if the new enclosure and design helps SP down the line. Maybe we should focus our future on adult SPs from DR.
Farmer1906
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Farmer1906 said:

And that doesn't sound alarms, to you?!

You take a guy washing cars at 22-23... someone nobody was interested in, and in a couple years turn into Cy Young?!

Astros signed Framber for $10K at age 21... and in 3 years turn him into a MLB SP.

And yet, the Astros can't do that with American kids who have thrown a baseball for 10+ years?!

The Rangers have never had a good track record developing pitching... much has been said about pitching in the heat in July/August outdoors... as well as the original design of RBiA for hitters.

We'll see if the new enclosure and design helps SP down the line. Maybe we should focus our future on adult SPs from DR.
The only alarm is that most of the guys that found and developed them have been hired away.

The Astros untapped market. These guys were all older and overlooked. If they develop in the minors then they're in their prime while under team control & cheap.
JohnnyTexAg1995
That that legal substance in the fingers of his glove on his non pitching hand sure gives him an advantage lol

But rangers fans and sherzer should already know that right
South Platte
tjack16 said:

On a different note. I saw ring giveaway was last night.

Given that us Astros fans were told it was stupid for fans to want replica rings and collectibles from WS titles, I'm assuming rangers fans didn't want them?
Yeah, that was me. Replica rings for fans are stupid. My 3rd grade daughter has 4 on her nightstand for her softball teams. It's essentially the same thing.
South Platte
MLB needs to change this crap. Let pitchers put whatever they want on their hands. It wouldn't hurt for MLB to tilt to a more defensive game. It's not going to become whiffle ball.

But I guess that doesn't sell tickets or generate enough revenue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.