*****2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Thread*****

107,348 Views | 1856 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by West Texan
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Game isn't over yet but I'll go ahead and give some of my thoughts and observations.

-the summer Spurs still look like the Spurs. They move and play with the same kind of system that the big club does, and it's light years better than this hornets squad.
-we may not see much more of Julian Champagnie in summer league action. He's looked every bit of an NBA player out there who knows exactly what his strengths are. He's moved without the ball and knocked down 3s, attacked close outs and finished/gotten fouled at the rim, some timely cuts and crashing the offensive boards, and he's gotten out and run in transition for easy buckets. He's not out there trying to do too much and I love it. He's also moved his feet pretty well on defense and been active with his length in passing lanes.
-Barlow has been the next best player. He's noticeably bigger and more stout than last season and it's made him much better. The spin and finish with the left hand was a prime example of this. He's had several nice moves and finishes on the offensive end and even hit a little 18 foot jumper. Defensively he's done well in his drop coverage and had a couple help side blocks. The possession where he forced Brandon Miller into a travel on the perimeter was really nice and I'd like to see him moving his feet more.
-Cissoko looks like he's gonna be a really good defender. I really like the work he did on Brandon Miller, just made life hell for him. Didn't do too much on the offensive end, but had a couple of nice passes.
-Blake Wesley had some of the same issues as last year where he can get to the rim but just can't finish. He also had a few boneheaded turnovers that he needs to cut out. He's wasn't terrible but also hasn't been great.
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some Cissoko love.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.