*****2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Thread*****

114,775 Views | 1856 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by West Texan
Obi Wan Ginobili
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag Natural said:

This team will lose a lot of close games but they'll be fun to watch for 3 quarters every night.

Probably best case scenario
Guitarsoup
AG
Sochan wearing number 10 with stupid dyed hair gives me bad flashbacks of Rodman
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
We have 7 guys playing 20 MPG and 5 of them are 23 or younger, if this team is fighting for a playoff spot I will not be the least bit upset. Yeah Wembanyama would be nice but seeing our existing core show signs of being a winning formula would also be nice. Although I will say I think J-Rich needs to go ASAP, he belongs on a contending squad and Primo needs to be the main guy running that second unit.
Ag Natural
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

We have 7 guys playing 20 MPG and 5 of them are 23 or younger, if this team is fighting for a playoff spot I will not be the least bit upset. Yeah Wembanyama would be nice but seeing our existing core show signs of being a winning formula would also be nice. Although I will say I think J-Rich needs to go ASAP, he belongs on a contending squad and Primo needs to be the main guy running that second unit.
I wouldn't hate getting an unprotected 1st out of the Lakers for JRich or McDermott.
jteagle
AG
Ag Natural said:

TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

I wouldn't hate getting an unprotected 1st out of the Lakers for JRich or McDermott.
Problem is, the Lakers traded their 2023 pick to the Pelicans and Pelicans have a choice of the 2024 or 2025. The Spurs would have to wait a while before they saw the return on that investment.
Ag Natural
AG
jteagle said:

Ag Natural said:

TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

Problem is, the Lakers traded their 2023 pick to the Pelicans and Pelicans have a choice of the 2024 or 2025. The Spurs would have to wait a while before they saw the return on that investment.
Yeah they have their 2027 and 2029 picks available and that's it. I doubt they trade them at this point but I can dream.
FTAG 2000
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

We don't have any franchise guys or potential franchise guys.

Enjoying solid play and progress at the expense of getting a true alpha is just the kind of shortsightedness that has had us running on the treadmill of mediocrity the past several years.
Ag Natural
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

We don't have any franchise guys or potential franchise guys.

Enjoying solid play and progress at the expense of getting a true alpha is just the kind of shortsightedness that has had us running on the treadmill of mediocrity the past several years.

So you think it's more effective to piss and moan that this team plays too hard and will win more games than they should?
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
I really don't think it's fair to say there are zero players with star potential on this roster. Especially when we have two wings averaging 20/5/5 on decent to good efficiency, and those two guys are 22 and 23 years old. If we are sniffing playoffs it probably means those guys sustain that success for the whole year and that is a very positive thing. If we play our young talent the majority of the minutes and they win games then I don't see why we are btching about that, the whole point of a tank is to build a young core with the promise of being a threat in the playoffs and if we are already there then what exactly are we tanking for.
Ag Natural
AG
Kj, Primo and Vassell look like very promising 2 way players to me. If they all end up being borderline stars then that's a very nice core. Sochan already looks like a Rodman/Draymond type glue guy. The fact Pop is starting him already tells you a lot about his intelligence.

Yeah there is no overwhelming star but all these guys can play at both ends. That is a recipe foe winning.
CFTXAG10
AG
Got a good laugh out of this today

West Texan
AG
Does anyone else hate the Bally sports app? I always have a hard time getting stuff to load on the Bally app, so I gave up on trying to watch the game tonight.
MookieBlaylock
AG
yeah that's why i didn't watch either-
Ag Natural
AG
West Texan said:

Does anyone else hate the Bally sports app? I always have a hard time getting stuff to load on the Bally app, so I gave up on trying to watch the game tonight.

It's hit or miss for sure.
Ag Natural
AG
I wish there was a rule about how many years in a row you can have a top 3 pick. Houston and OKC are simply embarrassing and shouldn't be rewarded for sucking so bad.
jteagle
AG
Ag Natural said:

I wish there was a rule about how many years in a row you can have a top 3 pick. Houston and OKC are simply embarrassing and shouldn't be rewarded for sucking so bad.
I know! How many top picks are wasted by going to bad organizations?
Ag Natural
AG
Sneaky tank tonight. Vassell and Primo sit out with minor injuries. Pop takes Sochan and Jones out with 5 minutes left after they had been wreaking havoc defensively.
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
I was excited that we drafted Sochan, but man, I did not expect him to make this much of an impact on the team. I would love to know his opponent field goal percentage. He does so much intangible Draymond/Rodman stuff. Just an ultimate, versatile glue guy this team needed. If he keeps it up he should make an all rookie team. The only thing that would hold him back are stats.
West Texan
AG

We're going to end up with a lottery pick and lose a lot of games, but we're a fun team to watch. The pace and ball movement is really good for a team that's so young and inexperienced.
Enzo The Baker
AG
With DJ out of the equation, this group seems more tightly knit.
Ag Natural
AG
Last night was the first time in the Popovic era that the Spurs racked up over 35 assists and lost the game.
Enzo The Baker
AG
From what I understand, Bret Brown is making a huge impact on the development of the team and is putting in a lot of extra hours with the younger players. Also, invigorating Pop.
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

From what I understand, Bret Brown is making a huge impact on the development of the team and is putting in a lot of extra hours with the younger players. Also, invigorating Pop.
Wasn't Brown brought in to teach the team how to properly tank?
Enzo The Baker
AG
He can do both I suppose.
jteagle
AG
This is pretty cool!

jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I was excited that we drafted Sochan, but man, I did not expect him to make this much of an impact on the team. I would love to know his opponent field goal percentage. He does so much intangible Draymond/Rodman stuff. Just an ultimate, versatile glue guy this team needed. If he keeps it up he should make an all rookie team. The only thing that would hold him back are stats.
And he is starting to look more comfortable on the offensive end too. He seemed a little timid the first 2-3 games but he is starting to get more involved and be more aggressive. Doesn't hurt that he's a good passer.
Obi Wan Ginobili
jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

And he is starting to look more comfortable on the offensive end too. He seemed a little timid the first 2-3 games but he is starting to get more involved and be more aggressive. Doesn't hurt that he's a good passer.

It's unfortunate we don't have Chip Engalland. Some of these dudes jump shots are hard to watch.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I love Chip but if our front office isn't able to institute some of his shooting training when we had him for 15+ years then we don't deserve him. We will be alright.
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I love Chip but if our front office isn't able to institute some of his shooting training when we had him for 15+ years then we don't deserve him. We will be alright.
Yeah Chip became a legend because when he started it there wasn't a million other shot doctors out there. Now there are. At the end of the day its more about the work ethic of the player anyway.
lunchbox

West Texan
AG
He was listed as out for tonight's game, but this is pretty sudden. Wonder if something more happened?
lunchbox
West Texan said:

He was listed as out for tonight's game, but this is pretty sudden. Wonder if something more happened?
Yeah...especially sudden considering how they just picked up his option...something had to have happened.
Tobias Funke
AG
This is really weird, right? Did he punch Pop?
LawHall88
AG
I know they're tanking, but this is ridiculous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.