*****2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Thread*****

108,215 Views | 1856 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by West Texan
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1 game outta the 2 spot

Really need Houston to step up their game
They are way too talented to have 3 wins
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

This is how you tankā€¦

Spurs really got exposed after those first few games
MarathonAg12
Dude these unis. Black and white lakers unis got me tripping
MookieBlaylock
AG
Who is the marketing idiot that thought dressing like Charlotte was a good idea
MookieBlaylock
AG
1 game out of 2nd and 2 from first

C'mon lebron
LawHall88
AG
West Texan
AG
jteagle
AG
LawHall88 said:

I saw that. I didn't think it deserved a Flagrant 2. Flagrant 1 yes. I think the fact that it drew blood made it look worse than it was.
Ag Natural
AG
I didn't even think it deserved a flagrant at all. That didn't look reckless or intentional to me.
Guitarsoup
AG
I don't think it is a flagrant at all. Collins rejected Russ and Russ gets the ball back. Russ pump fakes, Collins bites and goes for second block, but gets arms. Not head.

The follow through on the initial block looks like it got his head. Collins never actually touched Russ' head on the foul.

In any event, it was a basketball move and shouldn't be a flagrant. Collins didn't pull him down or foul in a non-basketball manner. He bit on the pump fake by an MVP player and got arms rather than ball. No big deal.

The Block:

Collins gets ball:

Follow through looks like the elbow/head contact:

No way that's flagrant, considering he got ball.

So the only way this is anymore more than your typical foul is so the refs can protect a star. That's it. Russ's own hands probably got knocked into his head and he started leaking like a B.
Guitarsoup
AG
aggieactor01
AG
Guitarsoup said:

LawHall88
AG
2008and1
AG
The tank continues. Only 1 W in all of November and only because they played the Bucks' B-team.
jteagle
AG
2008and1 said:

The tank continues. Only 1 W in all of November and only because they played the Bucks' B-team.
Yeah I think they are starting to get this tanking thing down.

Last night
77 points season high in the first half.

34 points meltdown in the second half.

Of course, it doesn't help (or hurt depending on your POV) that Tre Jones is the only true PG on the roster with Blake hurt.
jteagle
AG
Since things aren't going well on the court right now, here is a good throwback that I had never seen.

I miss these guys!

West Texan
AG
We somehow beat the rockets tonight.
LawHall88
AG
West Texan said:

Even a blind squirrelā€¦
2008and1
AG
West Texan said:

When two tanks collide one of them wins.
jteagle
AG
West Texan said:

As bad as we are, the Rockets are somehow worse even. They have more talent on their roster but they play zero defense or at least they did last night.
MookieBlaylock
AG
that was just a stupid win by the SA Hornets
jteagle
AG
I love Tim Duncan stories!

Pendragon12
AG
jteagle said:

I love Tim Duncan stories!

This is awesome
West Texan
AG
Three wins in a row now. Now 5th in the Wembanyama sweepstakes.
jteagle
AG
West Texan said:

Three wins in a row now. Now 5th in the Wembanyama sweepstakes.
Time for another losing streak!
2008and1
AG
Stupid confident Spurs. They tried so hard to blow it, but just couldn't do it.
DTP02
AG
Spurs are tanking this tank job. Need to get it apart.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
I'm hopefully taking my 8 year old to our first Spurs game on the 26th. I found some nosebleeds on the Gametime app so that's most likely what we'll do unless any of you can point me in the direction of somewhere else to find better seats for cheap. Since I've never been to an NBA game, is there stuff to do pregame in and around the arena? Are there any must dos that we should try to hit?
2008and1
AG
City of San Antonio providing free parking for the Alamodome game and giving all city employees the day off to go to the game.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Would rather got to jury duty than watch a game in that dump
2008and1
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Have you been on jury duty in bexar county? I wouldn't wish that **** on anybody.
aggieactor01
AG
Blanco Jimenez said:

I'm hopefully taking my 8 year old to our first Spurs game on the 26th. I found some nosebleeds on the Gametime app so that's most likely what we'll do unless any of you can point me in the direction of somewhere else to find better seats for cheap. Since I've never been to an NBA game, is there stuff to do pregame in and around the arena? Are there any must dos that we should try to hit?
We dropped our season tickets after the covid shutdown so my info is a little outdated, but there used to be a kid fan area sponsored by HEB up on the top level. It had some games and activities aimed at that age. I think the doors open for season ticket holders 1.5 hours before tip and for everyone else 1 hour before tip. That could have changed so don't quote me on that.

Don't bother looking for anything not at the arena. That part of town doesn't have much. Sometimes they have a band on the stage right outside the arena as you walk up. They might have Christmas activities or something. You could check the Spurs site for that kind of thing.

As for tickets, any of your secondary market apps/sites are worth watching. If you're not nervous I would watch right up to a couple hours before the game. We would put ours up occasionally and drop the prices if no one had bought them just so we'd get something for them. You can find seats for that game right now for under $100 on the lower bowl.

8 is a great age to take a kid to the game. Have fun!
MookieBlaylock
AG
2008and1 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Have you been on jury duty in bexar county? I wouldn't wish that **** on anybody.

I have had it 8 times even the traffic court one

If DL numbers were the lottery I would buy the dome and shove it up nelson Wolfe and Henry Cisneros rear ends piece by oiece

2008and1
AG
aggieactor01 said:

Blanco Jimenez said:

We dropped our season tickets after the covid shutdown so my info is a little outdated, but there used to be a kid fan area sponsored by HEB up on the top level. It had some games and activities aimed at that age. I think the doors open for season ticket holders 1.5 hours before tip and for everyone else 1 hour before tip. That could have changed so don't quote me on that.

Don't bother looking for anything not at the arena. That part of town doesn't have much. Sometimes they have a band on the stage right outside the arena as you walk up. They might have Christmas activities or something. You could check the Spurs site for that kind of thing.

As for tickets, any of your secondary market apps/sites are worth watching. If you're not nervous I would watch right up to a couple hours before the game. We would put ours up occasionally and drop the prices if no one had bought them just so we'd get something for them. You can find seats for that game right now for under $100 on the lower bowl.

8 is a great age to take a kid to the game. Have fun!

That HEB fan area is now bars and no longer kid games.
Ag Natural
AG
Sochan is one of the most instinctive ball players and fluid athletes I've seen in a while. He also plays with Manu like passion. He's going to be rediculous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.