*****2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Thread*****

108,208 Views | 1856 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by West Texan
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice break until Wednesday too. Spurs out working and out executing every team they play. Hopefully Wesley is okay.
jteagle
AG

Not to mention that the Nets are 1-5.

I'm sure teams will start taking the Spurs a little more seriously but right now they they are making teams pay for underestimating them.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Nice break until Wednesday too. Spurs out working and out executing every team they play. Hopefully Wesley is okay.
They certainly need it. Hopefully some guys can get healthy. Wesley is looking extremely good right now.
Ag Natural
AG
West Texan said:

Ridiculous numbers from Keldon so far this season. Especially his 3 point %, I thought it would take a step back without DJ to set him up.
Clearly DJ was holding him back.
DTP02
AG
Kinda surprised the Primo loss isn't seen as a bigger deal on here. Pretty big blow for the future plans.
Ag Natural
AG
DTP02 said:

Kinda surprised the Primo loss isn't seen as a bigger deal on here. Pretty big blow for the future plans.
It's a massive blow in my mind. I thought Primo had star potential and there were clearly big plans for him within the organization. But it is what it is at this point. No sense in pining on it.
Obi Wan Ginobili
DTP02 said:

It's just basketball. What Primo did isnt OK.

**** Josh Primo
Enzo The Baker
AG
No team claimed him off waivers.
MookieBlaylock
AG
DTP02 said:

Just don't call it a blown pick
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
That Keldon Johnson contract looks better and better with each passing game
Tobias Funke
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

DTP02 said:

Just don't call it a blown pick

Or anything else similarly inaccurate
DTP02
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

DTP02 said:

**** Josh Primo

Who said it was okay? It's still a pretty dang big deal regardless of the reasoning. Just surprised it didn't get anything more than a couple of links and a handful of comments before moving on to discussing the next game.

I guess I've grown too accustomed to the scope and tone of Aggie football meltdowns.
LawHall88
AG
Tomorrow may be a bad day for the Spurs. Buzbee about to go scorched earth.
Quote:

Houston-based attorney Tony Buzbee is set to discuss allegations made by a former Spurs employee against former Spurs guard Josh Primo at a news conference Thursday morning in Houston.

The Buzbee Law Firm confirmed Monday that it represents former Spurs consulting psychologist Hillary Cauthen.

"At the conference, Tony Buzbee will discuss allegations made by Dr. Cauthen and others against NBA player Josh Primo, the events that precipitated the release of Primo, the veracity of recent public statements made by both the Spurs organization and Primo, interactions with individuals within the San Antonio Spurs organization, and the expected path forward. Dr. Cauthen will be present to make a public statement and answer pertinent questions," according to a press release received by the Express-News from the Buzbee Law firm.
https://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Josh-Primo-Buzbee-Law-Firm-17547951.php
Pendragon12
AG
DTP02 said:

Obi Wan Ginobili said:

DTP02 said:

**** Josh Primo

Who said it was okay? It's still a pretty dang big deal regardless of the reasoning. Just surprised it didn't get anything more than a couple of links and a handful of comments before moving on to discussing the next game.

I guess I've grown too accustomed to the scope and tone of Aggie football meltdowns.

I'm pretty sad. At the end of the day, he clearly has issues and while I'm surprised based on what we've seen of him, that kind of behavior is not acceptable and I'm glad the Spurs cut him. I just hope they did so relatively quickly but I guess we will see tomorrow.

But I'm incredibly sad over what it means for the team's future. There just isn't much to say right now about it. The kid ****ed up, is ****ed up, and the team had to cut him and move on. Right now I'm focusing on the positives which are - Keldon looks amazing, as does Devin, Tre (relatively), Jakob, and hopefully Blake avoided a major injury because he looks exciting.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Wesley with a torn MCL. Out 6-8 weeks.
jteagle
AG
It is a big deal, however, whining about it doesn't help. I get so tired of people whining and crying about things that can't be fixed but that's just me.

I was hoping that Primo would be a big piece of the puzzle for the Spurs. Now I just hope he gets his life together.

It does bring up a question about these young kids being in the spotlight and having millions of dollars at such a young age. The NBA is kinda unique in that way that there are so many young players in the league. The Spurs had 5 19 year olds on the roster to start the year. Makes you wonder if the league and its teams should do even more to help these kids make a transition to the league.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Wesley with a torn MCL. Out 6-8 weeks.
Yeah I just saw that. He was looking pretty good. But at least he will be there for the majority of the season.
Ag Natural
AG
LawHall88 said:

Quote:

Houston-based attorney Tony Buzbee is set to discuss allegations made by a former Spurs employee against former Spurs guard Josh Primo at a news conference Thursday morning in Houston.

The Buzbee Law Firm confirmed Monday that it represents former Spurs consulting psychologist Hillary Cauthen.

"At the conference, Tony Buzbee will discuss allegations made by Dr. Cauthen and others against NBA player Josh Primo, the events that precipitated the release of Primo, the veracity of recent public statements made by both the Spurs organization and Primo, interactions with individuals within the San Antonio Spurs organization, and the expected path forward. Dr. Cauthen will be present to make a public statement and answer pertinent questions," according to a press release received by the Express-News from the Buzbee Law firm.
https://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Josh-Primo-Buzbee-Law-Firm-17547951.php

I'm not sure what public statements they could challenge from the Spurs side. They haven't said a damn word. It's hard to argue with "we are waiving Josh Primo"
Ag Natural
AG
I think its gotten to the point we can start claiming the Spurs dodged a MAJOR bullet having Kawhii screw them over. He would currently be on a Super Max if he was still with the Spurs. He probably would have had one or two good seasons and then been a total zero after that. It'd currently be a major albatross to the organization.

Meanwhile, due to trades we have Poeltl, Keldon, Blake Wesley (via Demar trade) and several other picks. We also have a very favorable cap situation.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

I think its gotten to the point we can start claiming the Spurs dodged a MAJOR bullet having Kawhii screw them over. He would currently be on a Super Max if he was still with the Spurs. He probably would have had one or two good seasons and then been a total zero after that. It'd currently be a major albatross to the organization.

Meanwhile, due to trades we have Poeltl, Keldon, Blake Wesley (via Demar trade) and several other picks. We also have a very favorable cap situation.

Nephew hasn't played more than 60 games since 2016-17 season.
He's averaged 35 games per season since then and has only played 2 games this year (21mpg, not starting)
FTAG 2000
AG
Ag Natural said:

LawHall88 said:

Quote:

I'm not sure what public statements they could challenge from the Spurs side. They haven't said a damn word. It's hard to argue with "we are waiving Josh Primo"

Might be relevant -

I guess it could also be argued that the Spurs made him the face of the franchise with the jersey sponsor deal, when they knew they had a problem.

Given they just announced his extension two weeks ago, maybe there was some language used in that press release that would look pretty damn bad given his actions.

Ag Natural
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Ag Natural said:

LawHall88 said:

Quote:

Might be relevant -

I guess it could also be argued that the Spurs made him the face of the franchise with the jersey sponsor deal, when they knew they had a problem.

Given they just announced his extension two weeks ago, maybe there was some language used in that press release that would look pretty damn bad given his actions.

Sure. If she had reported the incidents internally and then the Spurs still moved forward and said he's a great kid and he's our future... then I could see the problem. It's all about the timing.

Its pretty freaking crappy that the organization brings in a professional to help with their mental issues and then this happens TOO the professional.
FTAG 2000
AG
Yep. problem for the spurs is I think they knew they had an issue. Drew Eubanks wife posted something when this all broke to the tune of 'believe accusers the first time'.

Makes me think this was wide spread and known.
Ag Natural
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Yep. problem for the spurs is I think they knew they had an issue. Drew Eubanks wife posted something when this all broke to the tune of 'believe accusers the first time'.

It's impossible to "believe accusers the first time". There's a thing call due process and investigation. The players union can come after the team as well if his career was damaged by a claim that turned out to be false. Hell, Watson had 20+ accusers and they still haven't proven a thing in court.
FTAG 2000
AG
i agree with you there. i just wonder if it happened multiple times and multiple people knew about it. guess we will see what the filings say
Obi Wan Ginobili
Ag Natural said:

FTAG 2000 said:

It's impossible to "believe accusers the first time". There's a thing call due process and investigation. The players union can come after the team as well if his career was damaged by a claim that turned out to be false. Hell, Watson had 20+ accusers and they still haven't proven a thing in court.

This is the point where this argument turns ugly so I want to jump in before this breaks down into something divisive.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is for the courts. Primo isn't in jail, he's not had his money taken from him. He's literally being treated as innocent until proven guilty as we speak.

You really shouldn't blanket statement say "it's impossible to believe accusers the first time". In situations like this, you ABSOLUTELY believe the accusation. I know what you meant by saying this, but this is what causes a divide. You're talking about this from a legal, rigid line perspective, when in reality, it's COMPLETELY convoluted right now, thus you take the word of the accuser first, react appropriately, and then triple check you made the right move.

Again, not trying to start stuff with you or anyone, but if you are coming at this from a "wellllll maybe she's lying" stance, you are flat out wrong.
Ag Natural
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Ag Natural said:

FTAG 2000 said:

This is the point where this argument turns ugly so I want to jump in before this breaks down into something divisive.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is for the courts. Primo isn't in jail, he's not had his money taken from him. He's literally being treated as innocent until proven guilty as we speak.

You really shouldn't blanket statement say "it's impossible to believe accusers the first time". In situations like this, you ABSOLUTELY believe the accusation. I know what you meant by saying this, but this is what causes a divide. You're talking about this from a legal, rigid line perspective, when in reality, it's COMPLETELY convoluted right now, thus you take the word of the accuser first, react appropriately, and then triple check you made the right move.

Again, not trying to start stuff with you or anyone, but if you are coming at this from a "wellllll maybe she's lying" stance, you are flat out wrong.

I'm not saying to not believe. It's absolutely worth an immediate investigation and possibly a suspension while that's going on. I'm just saying you aren't going to fire someone without any due process. I know it's tricky but the reality is there are policies to adhere to that are meant to protect all parties from being treated unfairly. I take exception to anyone saying these situations are always simple and straight forward.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Ag Natural said:

Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Ag Natural said:

FTAG 2000 said:

I'm not saying to not believe. It's absolutely worth an immediate investigation and possibly a suspension while that's going on. I'm just saying you aren't going to fire someone without any due process. I know it's tricky but the reality is there are policies to adhere to that are meant to protect all parties from being treated unfairly. I take exception to anyone saying these situations are always simple and straight forward.

Exactly! There is a policy for this situation. You fire the person immediately, and if it turns out they are innocent, the safeguard is that they get to sue the organization and the accuser to be made whole.

My point is that if DONT take the hard line approach from the beginning, you're saying you don't believe the person making the claim. You can't do that anymore. There have been SO FEW cases of false claims when you compare it to the incomprehensible number of women who are assaulted and either get zero justice or are shamed into not coming forward at all.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Duke Lacrosse says hello-

Obi Wan Ginobili
Ag Natural said:

Quote:

Quote:

It's impossible to "believe accusers the first time". There's a thing call due process and investigation. The players union can come after the team as well if his career was damaged by a claim that turned out to be false. Hell, Watson had 20+ accusers and they still haven't proven a thing in court

Confusing

Pendragon12
AG
Man I really hope the org didn't try to cover anything up. At least not to the point where I'm disappointed as a Spurs fan.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Pendragon12 said:

Man I really hope the org didn't try to cover anything up. At least not to the point where I'm disappointed as a Spurs fan.
I think the chances of them NOT knowing is close to zero.

My guess is that there was an incident (or multiple incidents) that the team was likely trying to investigate/resolve internally, and then this dumb **** went and kept doing it after being corrected and there was zero tolerance after the first incident.

As far as being disappointed as a fan, that depends on what you find acceptable. Personal opinion, and I can already tell I'm in the minority, but anything sexual or violent should be an automatic banning from professional sports. People make mistakes, people learn, etc., but there should be a zero strike policy when it comes to sexual or violent offenses in the sports world. These giant babies are getting paid millions to play a stupid game, and as if that wasn't enough, they are also somehow allowed to live outside the normal legal and moral guidelines that us schmuks in the real world live by. Screw professional athletes who take advantage. There's plenty of people who can dribble a ball and get buckets who don't feel the need to make someone elses life worse.
Ag Natural
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Pendragon12 said:

My guess is that there was an incident (or multiple incidents) that the team was likely trying to investigate/resolve internally, and then this dumb **** went and kept doing it after being corrected and there was zero tolerance after the first incident.

As far as being disappointed as a fan, that depends on what you find acceptable. Personal opinion, and I can already tell I'm in the minority, but anything sexual or violent should be an automatic banning from professional sports. People make mistakes, people learn, etc., but there should be a zero strike policy when it comes to sexual or violent offenses in the sports world. These giant babies are getting paid millions to play a stupid game, and as if that wasn't enough, they are also somehow allowed to live outside the normal legal and moral guidelines that us schmuks in the real world live by. Screw professional athletes who take advantage. There's plenty of people who can dribble a ball and get buckets who don't feel the need to make someone elses life worse.

I think most would agree in principle. Unfortunately I don't really know what "exposing himself" means. I haven't seen sexual assault or even sexual misconduct accusations yet. Was this during a session? Was it a snap chat pic? Were there multiple occurances? Warnings? It's a strange situation. Ime was only suspended for his "lude comments".

I have to beleive the org took swift action once a certain line was crossed.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Ag Natural said:

Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Pendragon12 said:

I think most would agree in principle. Unfortunately I don't really know what "exposing himself" means. I haven't seen sexual assault or even sexual misconduct accusations yet. Was this during a session? Was it a snap chat pic? Were there multiple occurances? Warnings? It's a strange situation. Ime was only suspended for his "lude comments".

I have to beleive the org took swift action once a certain line was crossed.
I'm just on the far end of the scale on this issue. I don't care if all he did was whip it out and put it back, if that person wasn't literally asking for that to happen, it's assault and Primo can **** right off. Zero tolerance.

If the Spurs ditched his punk ass the second they heard about any of this, I'm going to be so proud of them for having the stones to stand up for a victim (especially a female victim).

If the Spurs hesitated even a little bit, I'm going to be disappointed. I'm more aware than most of how much money is in play with a professional sports team, but it's still just a game. These players and coaches and executives, fair or not, should be held to a higher standard. They are influencers, whether they mean to be or not.
FTAG 2000
AG
Nash out in Brooklyn, with Udoka expected to be named coach.

How long was Ime unemployed for? A hot minute?

Yeah, Primo will be on a roster by Christmas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.