I've never claimed that City is lookin out for the other clubs. Lliam made the "Jesus" claim :P.
I've noted that fans of clubs with big money owners like NC and Villa seem to be the least critical and sometime even supporting of City, and that makes sense. I would too if I were in their shoes. Hoping that this all gets the conversation going on doing away with these types of rules or amending them in a way that allows financial stable owners that can afford it to invest however much they want into their club.
Hell if City, now that they are bringing in the types of revenues as the other big clubs with a much bigger global fan base, goes and starts supporting FFP type rules to keep the other teams that haven't gotten as big from doing it, I wouldn't cry, because you do what is best for your club, not the rest of the league. However, I wouldn't begrudge any team like a NC from also bending the rules to get more $ into their team, and I certainly wouldn't clutch my pearls if down the road after NC wins a bunch of titles, we find out they were "financially doping" by putting more money than they should have been into their team. I would say "good game", hope you aren't punished too harshly for spending your own money.
One thing that I'm appreciating today is it seems more fans of the red cartel teams are coming out and admitting that they just think it's immoral that any teams but historically successful teams like their own get to spend the kind of money that they do. That they are a special type of aristocracy that no other teams should get to enjoy the success of.
7nine