General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread

174,073 Views | 2672 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Dre_00
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Magpies closing in on yet another draw.
Dre_00
They miss their Brazilian midfielder. I can relate.
ElCheAg
AG
Sheet is getting annoying. They just can't f..king score or create to score. Bruno missing these last two games was a killer.
KCup17
AG
Another frustrating draw. Our midfield and forwards have a hard time connecting. We create a bulk of our chances down the Almiron and Trippier side. Frustrating that we haven't gotten any service to Isak. I'm worried that the dream of Top 4 is slipping.
Mathguy64
AG
You underestimate the ability of Spurs to go Spursey all over themselves.
wangus12
AG
JJxvi said:

At least they got lines. They apparently forgot to add lines for the Arsenal match. Cost a title challenging team 2 points

Out in Left Field
AG
McKinnie glorious chance! …comes off his shoulder
Out in Left Field
AG
Aaronson sighting! 3 Americans on for Leeds
Rudyjax
AG
What's up with a king pass back to the keeper who sends it up for a 50-50 ball. Doesn't that defeat the point of going back to the keeper to keep possession?
Out in Left Field
AG
Well I guess this team is about as effective as the American team
oh no
AG
I think MUFC's second goal came off a Weston turnover. He just hasn't looked like the McKennie we know for clubs lately.
Mathguy64
AG
That's a massive flop by the league's biggest flopper. And everyone with a whistle bought it.
Furlock Bones
AG
I have a sinking feeling that arsenal is going to fumble the ball and man Dhabi will win the title again.

On one hand, it would be hilarious to laugh in my friends face. On the other, we need less man Dhabi title wins.
Out in Left Field
AG
City will "win" then be docked enough points to miss champions league
Out in Left Field
AG
deadbq03
AG
Good
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03 said:

Good

You want him where?
deadbq03
AG
Chuck Cunningham said:

deadbq03 said:

Good

You want him where?
Don't care. Saints would've been fine if they gave him a long term deal.

He doesn't need to be a scab.
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03 said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

deadbq03 said:

Good

You want him where?
Don't care. Saints would've been fine if they gave him a long term deal.

He doesn't need to be a scab.
Gotcha... the good was about the long term and not Saints. Wasn't clear to me.
Furlock Bones
AG
Man dhabi doing what man Dhabi does. Arsenal beginning to really stumble.
wangus12
AG
No depth is really becoming an issue for us. Missing Jesus for 3 months was going to be very hard to keep our momentum. He may not score like Nketiah (granted he's gone cold now as well), but he adds so much more to the attack
Forum Troll
AG
Chelsea trying to get Neymar. Todd Boehly burning that cash.
Dre_00
The rumor is that Southampton only offered a contract till the end of this season which has to be the most ludicrous BS I've ever heard. That's shockingly bad.
Aston94
AG
Dre_00 said:

The rumor is that Southampton only offered a contract till the end of this season which has to be the most ludicrous BS I've ever heard. That's shockingly bad.

That is idiotic. I would be looking to hire Marsch if I accepted we were going down and wanted him to try and keep us up, but if not help build a path out of championship and back to EPL. If they are looking for a coach to come in and just secure safety then I wouldn't look to Marsch.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
deadbq03
AG
Aston94 said:

Dre_00 said:

That is idiotic. I would be looking to hire Marsch if I accepted we were going down and wanted him to try and keep us up, but if not help build a path out of championship and back to EPL. If they are looking for a coach to come in and just secure safety then I wouldn't look to Marsch.
And this is where coaching in MLS is poor preparation for Europe. Having to deal with promotion/relegation is a big deal. Teams at the bottom of MLS near the end of a season can basically play how they want, get young guys time, etc because there's really no difference between finishing dead last vs. 4th from the bottom.

And you never get to watch coaches get a team promoted (and then hold on and survive the next season).

So honestly I don't really blame them for wanting Marsch I'm a short-term capacity. He did successfully keep Leeds up last year… but it is utterly unknown how he'd handle a promotion bid. But as I mentioned above, I fully back Jesse's choice to not accept an interim position like this. He deserves better.

I hate to say it, but I think the ideal next move for him is a team in Championship that has good resources but is currently underperforming and likely to miss out on promotion. Like maybe a Norwich.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Nm
deadbq03
AG
Europa, sure, but this game is fun as hell to watch.
RockW1997
AG
Watching the ManU vs Barca match, is there a more punchable face than Bruno Fernandez? He just continuely complains about everything
deadbq03
AG
The answer to this question is always Foden.

But he's Top 5 for sure.
RockW1997
AG
Lol. Can they be 1a and 1b?
deadbq03
AG
I'm ok with that, but hopefully there are letters we can invent to go between a and b because we still have to do something with Richarlison and Pickford.
Furlock Bones
AG
We don't have a separate Europa league thread. So here enjoy this.

Dre_00
A short term capacity is understandable but there is NO coach worth a damn, regardless of nationality, league experience, etc., that would accept a 3 month contract at any club let alone a club that is bottom of the table.

The only coach that takes that gamble is one without the experience or chops to succeed and is looking for a shortcut to the top. It's just a ludicrous thing to ask of any coach. You might as well just ask him to be a caretaker manager because that's what he effectively would be.
deadbq03
AG
Yeah no doubt. I wasn't trying to express otherwise, but I can see how it'd be interpreted that way.

It has to at least be at least thru end of 23-24 at this point in the season to be respectful/professional.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.