Manchester United 2022-23 Thread

90,466 Views | 2000 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dre_00
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thunder18 said:

McTominay with back to back braces for Scotland

Whose bright idea was it to convert him from striker to midfielder??

Would love for ETH to give him some run at 9. Can't be any worse than Wout
Dre_00
Shaw has reportedly signed a new 4 year contract
Dre_00
Well, today went about as well as you could hope for. Liverpool lost and Brentford/Brighton played a draw. That said, a loss tomorrow and we could be in 5th come Monday night.

Come on McFred...get us at least a point tomorrow?
Aston94
AG
Dre_00 said:

Well, today went about as well as you could hope for. Liverpool lost and Brentford/Brighton played a draw. That said, a loss tomorrow and we could be in 5th come Monday night.

Come on McFred...get us at least a point tomorrow?

Let's get all 3! About time for Newcastle to wilt.
Dre_00
It's actually McSabi in midfield. I thought Sabitzer got hurt during the international break but I guess not.
Mathguy64
AG
This just in. Dan Burn is a thug.
Thunder18
AG
Nervy start here. They are dominating us in the middle of the field. We've had about 6 passes straight to Newcastle players already
Mathguy64
AG
DDG is saving our butts.
Mathguy64
AG
Mathguy64 said:

This just in. Dan Burn is a thug.

I'll just copy this and leave it here.
Mathguy64
AG
Twice now DDG has played a slow ball on the deck right up the middle. He's gotten away with it twice. He should not tempt fate a third time.
Mathguy64
AG
Burn got away with another one. At some point I fully expect Bruno to do what he does best and rake Mr Burn's Achilles. It's just a matter of time.
Mathguy64
AG
Both teams are intent on killing a spectator in row QQ instead of scoring.
Thunder18
AG
McTominay invisible so far. I assume we'll see a healthy dose of Fred in 2nd half. Really missing Casemiro today
Showstopper
AG
My heart and I will take the halftime draw… whew.
Mathguy64
AG
Thunder18 said:

McTominay invisible so far. I assume we'll see a healthy dose of Fred in 2nd half. Really missing Casemiro today

Sabitzer had been worse.
Mathguy64
AG
That goal has been coming and coming. Heading the ball up in the air on your goal line is never a winning strategy.
Thunder18
AG
Shambolic defending, but honestly deserved by Newcastle
Thunder18
AG
20+ minutes of extreme time wasting inbound
Thunder18
AG
Well we should have at least 4 minutes of stoppage just based on the amount of time they've taken for head injuries to Schar
Thunder18
AG
Doesn't matter now. Injuries and suspension are killing the season
Furlock Bones
AG
Deserved win for Newcastle. Absolutely lifeless performance from Man United.
Mathguy64
AG
This midfield is brutally awful without Casemiro.
Dre_00
I will preface this by saying I watched 0.0% of the game as I was out. But I was kind of expecting this (some might say that I always expect this but I digress...).

The fact is since they had their best midfielder back while we were missing our 2 best midfielders. And we've been poor for quite some time now if we're honest. Just try and get to the end of the season in 4th. Which we can still have a pretty decent chance of doing even if we end the week in 5th.
Thunder18
AG
My only hope now is that Martial is fit enough to finish out the season and that once Case and hopefully Eriksen return later this month we can survive a top 6 dogfight
Dre_00
Thunder18 said:

My only hope now is that Martial is fit enough to finish out the season and that once Case and hopefully Eriksen return later this month we can survive a top 6 dogfight

Yeah, I've been a Wout defender because I do think he provides a lot. Unfortunately, when you haven't scored in 3 games, then you can't have your striker scoring 1 goal every 15 games. He's an option if and only if you're getting goals elsewhere and right now we aren't. Have to look elsewhere if there's an option. Kind of wild that Martial, a player that likely has no future at United, is now the one everyone is looking at to help.

Next 2 games without Casemiro are at home though nether can be considered a walk in the park (Brentford and a Dyche invigorated Everton). Sound like Eriksen could be available within the next couple of weeks. Away to Spurs on the 27th may go a long way to deciding who gets 4th.
Furlock Bones
AG
Taking the night to digest. This squad has been absolutely terrible since we won the EFL cup. And it's not just Casemiro absence. For all of the deserved praise EtH was getting, he equally deserves much criticism for the latest results.
Dre_00
I don't blame ETH except for maybe insisting upon competing across 4 competitions since fall and not rotating a bit more (like...what happened to Elanga? Or if you don't rate him anymore, could Pellistri not gotten minutes earlier?). With the WC and a roster that was seriously lacking in depth, it was always a low probability that United could succeed on 4 fronts without running themselves ragged. United is guaranteed to play at least 61 games this season. Throw in the injury to Eriksen and Casemiro suspensions (lost literally our only 2 good options in midfield for extended periods of time) and well...here we are.

The biggest problem now is that there's not much we can do about it except try to hold on until we get some players back. Not like you can throw the FA Cup when you're in the semis. And the EL is an avenue to the CL in case the league goes to ***** Thankfully we'll get Casemiro back after this weekend. Sounds like Eriksen could be an option off the bench within a couple of weeks and if he is, he'll be an option in the biggest remaining league games (Brighton, @ Tottenham, Chelsea).
Dre_00
Well, thanks to an absolute masterclass of ****housery from Harry Kane, it appears we will indeed be ending the week in 5th.
Dre_00
The reverse jinx almost worked as former Man United legend Michael Keane scored an insane goal but a draw still puts us a 5th. Level on points with Tottenham but 2 games in hand.
Dre_00
Don't look now but Brighton is only 4 points back, even in GP and with a vastly superior GD. And we play them away in the beginning of May.

Casemiro or no, next two games are absolutely must win.
Thunder18
AG
4 corners in the first 10 minutes...wish we could capitalize on something early for once
Mathguy64
AG
This team is being carried by Marcus and has been since the WC break.
Thunder18
AG
Let's get 1 or 2 more please for my sanity
Dre_00
Stop me if you've heard this before. We were dominant but only scored 1 goal.
Mathguy64
AG
Antony only has a left foot. I assume his right was amputated at birth. And Sancho did nothing. Its Rashford of bust.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.