Manchester United 2022-23 Thread

90,502 Views | 2000 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The number of crosses we put in while the opponent is sitting in a low block is absurd. Especially considering our forwards are either not real forwards or an old man who can't create separation anymore.
Mathguy64
AG
Good lord. The very definition of missing an open net.
Mathguy64
AG
Ugh. Rashford with the missed header. Pope was frozen.
Thunder18
AG
Two terrible misses at the end. Another game where we have tons of useless possession but absolutely no end product. Newcastle played with 0 ambition today
Dre_00
Still can't believe he missed that. Shame we don't have a real forward.
Dre_00
We missed Eriksen though Fred's work rate and pressure to win back balls was really good. And we will perpetually miss a forward until we get 2 real ones. Our play in the final 3rd would improve immensely if had even one.
Dre_00
My random rant this morning...

I really wish Ronaldo would just leave already. Every day it's another story from some former teammate, fanboy, or "pundit" complaining how he's being "disrespected" and I'm just so over the nonsensical circus. The sooner he leaves, the better. Shame the only teams that are interested are the teams that his ego will never allow.
Dre_00
Big game tonight if we want to hang on to aspirations of top 4. Eriksen makes the bench but not fit enough to start apparently so it's CasiFred in midfield again. Rashford starts at forward.
Thunder18
AG
Couple of nice looks early on. Really need to slot one in
Dre_00
My kingdom for another possession mid who can pass. And for a striker.
Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

If we had a striker, it would be 1-0. What a ball from Fred.
Thunder18
AG
Rashford misses a glorious chance
Dre_00
In fairness, it wasn't a bad effort. Lloris made a good save. But a natural striker likely puts that closer to the corner and further from Lloris.
Thunder18
AG
Yea, just a tad more composure was needed rather than hitting it as hard as he could
akm91
AG
Dre_00 said:

Dre_00 said:

If we had a striker, it would be 1-0. What a ball from Fred.
Dre_00
I understand the skepticism but...

Thunder18
AG
Fred was honestly pretty good 1H aside from his quota of at least 1 weak footed shot from outside the box that skied into row Z
Dre_00
He is a pressing machine and it appears that he's finally being coached properly as to how/when to press. Everyone is.

We haven't played a half like that for a long time. The only thing missing was a goal or two. That usually comes back to bite us when our performance inevitably slips in the 2nd half and we give up some counter attack goal that Son or Kane conjure up out of nothing.
Thunder18
AG
Dre_00 said:

He is a pressing machine and it appears that he's finally being coached properly as to how/when to press. Everyone is.

We haven't played a half like that for a long time. The only thing missing was a goal or two. That usually comes back to bite us when our performance inevitably slips in the 2nd half and we give up some counter attack goal that Son or Kane conjure up out of nothing.

This always seems like the script for us in games like this.
Dre_00
lol or we score inside the first 2 minutes off a shot that Lloris surely would've saved if it hadn't been deflected.
Thunder18
AG
And as soon as I hit 'Post' Fred scores off a wild deflection
Dre_00
Bruno! 2-0!
Thunder18
AG
Lloris has made some great saves today. I think he personally hates Rashford lol
Dre_00
That most recent one was absurd. Can't believe he didn't break his wrist keeping it out.
Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

My random rant this morning...

I really wish Ronaldo would just leave already. Every day it's another story from some former teammate, fanboy, or "pundit" complaining how he's being "disrespected" and I'm just so over the nonsensical circus. The sooner he leaves, the better. Shame the only teams that are interested are the teams that his ego will never allow.

Heads to the locker room in the 89th minute.
Thunder18
AG
Great win today, we looked great from start to finish. A little more polished finishing and that's a 4 or 5 goal blowout
BJM1781
AG
Send Ronaldo to Inter Miami. He can try and add a Concacaf Champion's League trophy or something.

Bottom line is they should have just parted ways with him over the summer. He was great last year but looks like a shell of his former self under the new boss.
BJM1781
AG
Excellent victory against a Tottenham side that's off to its best top-flight start to a campaign in decades.
Dre_00
I can't remember the last time United played as complete of a game as that...especially against a top 6 side. Definitely ETH's best game. Far beyond anything Rangnick ever conjured. Solskjaer had some good results against top teams but mostly, if not only, by playing on the counter.

Spurs have been a bit smoke and mirrors this season. They've eked out results a number of times when they probably didn't deserve to. But no matter what, 28 shots and 10 on target against a top 4 rival is hella impressive. Could have been 5 if Lloris isn't super human.
Dre_00
Watching the post game show here. My Dutch isn't great but last question was about Ronaldo. ETH more or less said that he wanted to focus on the team and he'd deal with that tomorrow. The interviewer followed up and ETH reiterated "I'll talk about it more tomorrow night". He did not seem pleased. At all. (with Ronaldo not the interviewer is how I took it).
Aston94
AG
Team looks best it has all season with Ronaldo on the bench, storms off with a minute left in the match with your team up 2-0. He is a petulant child, hope he never puts on a United kit again.
Dre_00
This.

There is a sizable portion of the fan base that will always love him but I really hope the majority will turn on him after this BS. He's obviously the last remaining symbol of United's dominant era but that doesn't excuse his asshattery and fans should make sure that's clear.
Dre_00
Ha...the guy didn't just leave the bench. He left the entire stadium.

https://theathletic.com/3712154/2022/10/20/cristiano-ronaldo-old-trafford-exit/

Quote:

The Portugal international walked down the tunnel before the full-time whistle but also left the stadium rather than heading to the dressing room.
Ronaldo's early exit didn't make a ripple in the home dressing room at Old Trafford as United's players celebrated the win over Tottenham.
jeffk
AG
He had to poop and prefers his home toilet. Which I totally get.
gougler08
AG
Seems logical

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.