Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

482,447 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
doodie2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you Dr. Gates!!!

God bless
Federale01
AG
I am so glad I didn't say anything rude to you on the Corps thread a while back.
Brass Kruks
AG

"Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits."

AggiePhD
AG
Wow, his new boss must be a harda$$ that he won't be able to lurk on Texags at his new job.

Dr. Gates thank you for your service to our university and to our country.

Luke The Drifter
AG
Rookies can only post a few times a day, right? Surely Brandon lifted this sanction for ranger65...

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. - James 1:19-20 (NIV)
FTAggies
also mention that Ranger65 thing at his sending off tomorrow
RockOn
I bet GWB lurks on TexAgs too.
NormanAggie
AG
Sorry for the duplicat posts, I just hope he reads this:

Dr. Gates,

I had the pleasure of meeting you and shaking your hand last year when you visited Lechner Hall. As an Eagle Scout, I have admired you for a time longer than I knew what Texas A&M was, and was one of the major reasons I researched and came to this university.

I just wanted to let you know, on a personal level, you have inspired me to excellence and I can think of no other person on this planet in a position of leadership that I admire more than you, sir.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and know you have all Aggies support through thick and thin.

-AAS, Class of '09
AggieEE83
AG
Sir,

It has been a pleasure to serve on your watch.

Godspeed.
rc_ag
AG
Dr. Gates,

I've wanted to attend A&M since I was 10 years old. When I finally got here, it was hard for me, but it was everything I dreamed of. In the past years under your presidency, A&M has become even better. You were a perfect fit for A&M, and I will be forever grateful for your hard work, understanding, and love towards Aggieland. I selfishly wish you would stay here, but I understand the calling of duty, honor, and country. I will be attending Army BCT in January. You have left the beginning of a legacy at A&M, and I believe you will do another good job with our military. I know I will be in good hands, and I wish you all the best in your new duty.

Thank you for everything!
12thManAggie
AG
Gig 'Em Dr. Gates!!!!
dreyOO
hahaha, way to go Dr. Gates. I actually remember the band seating post...

are we really surprised the former CIA chief could go deep cover under the noses of texags posters!

Seriously though Dr. Gates, thank you for your service and by truly acting as an agent of (positive) change for Texas A&M. Go take care of business at the Pentagon.

Gig em

PS, where is Solari's "wow" on this thread?
AggieLong
AG
Wow. This is too cool!

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
jumanjimr
gigem06
AG
Just wanna be a part of the thread too!
bqjoker03
AG
Dr. Gates,
Thank you for everything... and if you read hippie's NORML thread on the GB, I don't really smoke pot! Please don't take away my security clearance!

TexAgs, we know stuff.... but we didn't know you were a lurker.

Good luck in D.C.!
ryanhnc10
AG
Thank you Dr. Gates for all you have done. If it's not too much to ask, would you be willing to return to this fine university in two years to hand me my diploma? It would make my day to meet you in person at graduation.

Gig Em
1876er
AG
And why do some of yall have to:
1) Degrade Dr. Bowen who also did a ton for this University

2) Assume that the next guy will be a failure.
jumanjimr
Why are you posting about your security clearance?
YellAg2004
AG
Holy cow!

This is awesome!!

Dr. Gates,
Thank you for everything you have done to drag this great university into the future. We may have gone kicking and screaming at times, but you have made nothing but decisions that were in the best interest of the school.

Good luck in Washington and know that you will always be welcomed in Aggieland with open arms.

Gig'em!
Frisco - Ag
AG
Thank You Dr. Gates.

Gods Speed.
FTAggies
I still seriously cannot believe we're posting with the Secretary of Defense on a football message board whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bleed maroon
AG
Dr. Gates:

I've been gone from campus for a while, but I wanted to let you know that your contributions leave my university in the best shape it has ever been in, and we are all grateful for your service.

As you step onto a somewhat larger stage, we all wish you godspeed, and we're counting on you for only one thing - - be yourself. That alone will make us proud, regardless in which end of the political spectrum we each happen to reside.
McInnis 03
AG
Dr. Gates, I can only hope you'll check back on this thread, but thank YOU sir. Thank you for handing me my diploma (I wore the rotating police light on my hat), thank you for taking care of our school, thank you for serving our country. You sir are a fine American and an even better human being. God bless you in your new endeavor, and best wishes to you.

P.S. The Presidents seat will be kept warm for you should you ever bless us with your presence again.
sixiron
AG
Thank you, Dr. Gates. It was an honor to shake your hand at my graduation.
aggiealltheway
AG
This has just made my day!

Wait...Dr. Gates was wasting time reading the Internet?!?! Oh, nevermind, TexAgs doesn't waste time. You can get much more information than watching Fox News or CNN.
Burbank
AG
Wow...this thread started by Dr. Gates might be the coolest thing ever...
waltonag05
Old Style
I posted on the same thread as the Secretary of Defense!!!!

And if you're still checking in on this thread, PLEASE COME BACK WHEN YOU ARE DONE IN WASHINGTON.
BosAG06
AG
quote:
I still seriously cannot believe we're posting with the Secretary of Defense on a football message board whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW....we are aren't we....TexAgs Rocks!
Burbank
AG
Undaunted Courage....about the Lewis & Clark expedition...
4stringAg
AG
Thanks Dr. Gates for your service to TAMU and to this country.

P.S. Can you use your super secret gov't contacts to let me know what the next Powerball numbers will be? We know that you know things. Thanks in advance.
Bock for Breakfast
AG
This is the best thread on Texags I have ever read.

Dr. Gates, you are my hero and I hope to become half the man you are today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This town has more confidence in you than any other on this planet. God speed.

[This message has been edited by ClubBaseballAg06 (edited 12/7/2006 9:59p).]
SonOfASip
AG
God bless you and your family Dr. Gates. You've already done great things for our country, and I know you will do more. Our university has benefitted exponentially from your leadership and will continue to do so for many years to come. You, Sir, are a great Ag!
Sox
AG
1876er= Dr. Bowen

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.