Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

485,091 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
MidnightYell2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gig 'em and good luck!
Mayhaw Jelly
AG
You will be missed. You've made and will continue to make me proud to be an Aggie. Stay in touch!

Gig 'em
FTAggies
i wake up and there are 7 more pages of this, this is so cool,

It kinda feels like if we were to go to washington we could look you up for dinner or something, that's one of the coolest things about Dr. Gates, he's so personable, way cool, ye will be missed 'round here
deadelephant98
AG
Best wishes! Thanks for everything! Hopefully we'll see you at a game or two in the future!
Scriffer
AG
Thanks and gig 'em Dr. Gates!
p-wonk01
AG
Stormy Kimery....pleasure seeing you are on here now.

You should pick me out by my name on here..I am the oldest son. Welcome!
92ags
AG
Dr. Gates,

Our prayers and best wishes are with you as you undertake this critical role in the future of America. Please make sure our young, and not so young heros defending our country have all the tools that they need to do their jobs.

It is imperative that we win this battle in the war on terrorism, not only for America, but for our children's America.

Thank you for your service to Texas A&M, and thank you for your past and future service to the United States of America.

Gig'Em and God Bless!!
DWF143
S
Thanks and Good Luck!
PikesPeakAg
AG
Strong work Dr. Gates. Good Luck in D.C.
God help us all in troubled times.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rclary
BTHO Terrorism
AG
Thank you for all you have done for Texas A&M, and for the good work I know you will do for the country! We all hope to see you back in College Station one day.
AMF 2 AMC
AG
Dr Gates,

Thank you for your outstanding leadership of our fine University. I especially appreciate the fact that you concentrated on upgrading faculty, buildings (academeic and athletic), preserving our history, and giving everyone associated with A&M the best chance to excel.

May God bless and keep you as you lead our armed services and our soldiers in harms way.
dleonard
Give 'em hell sir.
hoosieraggie
S
The Aggie Family thanks you for all you've done for our family, in which you will always be a part of. Give'em hell in DC.
George Jefferson
It was terrific having you visit us in the valley, sir. Give 'em hell in DC.

Hay nos watchamos algotro dia.
CoolAggie
AG
Dear Dr. Gates,

Hearing about your nomination and confirmation as the new Secretary of Defense was bittersweet for all of us. We are very proud of you. We believe that your experience will be beneficial in your upcoming tenure in the DoD. However, you have been the greatest president at TAMU since Gen. Rudder and we will miss you in Aggieland.

I can honestly say that I wish I would have been in school during your presidency.

We wish you the best of luck in Washington and if you ever care to come back, we'll be more than glad to have you back. Thank you for your service to our country and thank you for all the great things you did for Aggieland and for the "dear ol Aggies".

God bless and Gig'em!

CoolAggie '98

astrosaggie1212
AG
A friend of mine had a habit of displaying his distaste for Dr. Gates' diversity policies by responding to the university wide email that Dr. Gates would send out. This kid, although a good friend, is extremely narrowminded, and would let Gates hear it in the emails. Well one day he received an email directly from Dr. Gates' Blackberry saying he was sorry for not responding to the emails quicker. He then basically told my friend that he was an idiot (not verbatim but that seemed to be the basic message) and "needed to learn how to think before he spoke by the time he graduated from Texas A&M." I thought it was amazing that he would take the time to put my friend in his place and defend his policies to a 22 year old student. About a week or two later he was nominated for Sec of Def. Dr. Gates was an amazing President, and I hope he returns.

Good luck Ranger65

MSCAg
AG
The awesomness of this place just continues to grow.
98Centerpole
ekesqueaky
Thanks and Gig 'em, Dr. Gates! Come back soon!
venzor
Camille06
Dr. Gates, your shoes will be hard to fill. Thanks for everything.
aggiederelict
Dr. Gates,

I used to walk by your house on campus every day on the way to class and wonder if you really lived there. I am not going to lie, I walked through your garden in your backyard when I wasn't paying attention. Please don't send Rumsfeld after me. I also considered tyring to enter the house because it looked so easy. But I imagine that it wasn't that easy.

[This message has been edited by aggiederelict (edited 12/8/2006 10:42a).]
agsrwinners
gator04
AG
Gig 'em, Secretary Gates
tree91
AG
I was pulling for Phil Gramm to become president back in the day. It didn't take long to figure out that the right choice was made. Thanks for all you have done here, Dr. Gates. Best of luck in DC.
aggiegolfer03
tacking on an extra year
thank you, dr. gates. thanks and gig em.

Thanks, Good Luck & Godspeed.
Gilligan
AG
What Tag77 said:

don't let the liberals give this country away. We need to take the fight to them on the foreign shores and Dearborn MI.

Thank you for all that you do!!
TomB
AG
Dr. Gates, thank you for your service to Texas A&M and particularly your support of the Corps of Cadets. You have been an outstanding ambassador for Texas A&M and the values intrinsic to our great, unique University. We wish you every success as you step onto a bigger stage. Gig 'em and please come back for visits.
ShotOver
AG
Dr. Gates...good luck in DC and just remember to put yourself in that private's boots and ask yourself..."Does this make sense".
Mozart Paintings
AG
Gig 'Em
sills2010
Redstone
AG
Awesome. Good luck Dr. Gates.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.