Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

485,118 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
BQ2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In on page 15

[This message has been edited by BQ2001 (edited 12/8/2006 7:20a).]
Westphalia Ag
Dr. Gates,

You gave me yet another reason to be proud to be an Aggie. I have great faith in you. Thank you and good luck sir.
Dixie
S
Dr. Gates, know that folks in Mississippi support you and think you will do a great job in D.C.! Best wishes!!!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
3 stars means he's got doughat least
confucius_ag
AG
Gig'Em Dr. Gates.

I know you will make us proud.

SirGIGalot
AG
OUTSTANDING!!
Thankyou for everything you've done for Texas A&M! Good luck in Washington and God bless!

SoCalAggie
You never know who is lurking on Texags.com
AliasMan02
AG
This is the greatest thread, ever. Thank you for everything, Dr. Gates.
Sidepocket
AG
Thanks and Gig'em, Dr. Gates!
PatriotAg02
AG
Oh the irony!!! Gig'em Dr. Gates!

AggieT
AG
Thank you for everything you have done for our university. It has been a pleasure to have a President that loves Texas A&M as much as the students. Good luck in Washington and come back soon.
Del Boy Trotter
AG
Thanks for making Texas A&M a better place... Gig'em

[This message has been edited by StPeteAggie (edited 12/8/2006 7:50a).]
Big Cat `93
AG
You were a godsend for our university. Gig 'em and God bless.
Shan94
Awesome! Good luck in Washington!
preston
BQ05
HowdyAgs03
AG
Thank you for all that you did during your stay in Aggieland. Texas A&M is a better place because of you. Good luck and Gig’em.

O and thanks for the diploma
TonsterPS
TxAg1995
AG
Allright, this is getting absolutely ridiculous!

I teared up when I read your letter about why you couldn't leave A&M for the Homeland Security position a couple of years ago. I teared up when I listened to the YouTube video of your speech at the Nebraska Yell Practice, and now the unthinkable....I am tearing up over something that was posted on Texags!

At the risk of silently being removed from this planet, I must respectfully disagree with your comment about "preparing to leave Aggieland". As a former student that has been gone for 11 years, I can honestly say that Aggieland is with me every day, and I trust that you will carry it with you to DC as well. You made a lasting impression on the members of our great university, and I hope we made one on you.

God bless you Dr. Gates, and Gig em.
irishaggie97
AG
Dr Gates,
Thank you for being one of the very best presidents our University has EVER had. I think that in the long eye of history your time here will be regarded on the same level the Rudder and Sul times are. It makes me pround to have had you as our president and makes me feel even better that you are our New SECDEF. I know the university will miss you very much. I do hope you can resume your post as president when your time as SECDEF is up

Regards,
Irish

ps Since i live in DC now if you ever want to stop by and grab lunch or hang out and watch the Holiday bowl. just let me know and you are welcome!
RPatrick
We are forever better due to your efforts !

Thank You !

Gig'em Dr. Gates !!!
MPython43
quackshackAg
AG
Thank you Dr. Gates for all that you've done for our beloved school. We certainly appreciate what you do for our country.

When things in Washington gets you down a bit, logon to TexAgs and get a few good laughs, because we know stuff!

Goodluck to you and your folks. We will miss you!
ProudInfidel
BTHO politicians. Gig 'em!
txag2k
AG
WHOOP! Gig 'Em Dr. Gates!
Ag_B_10
AG
If it's really you, what did I have on my cap at graduation for Summer '04 grad?!

Good luck!
Thanks and Gig'em!

TroyMc
Dr. Gates, I have no idea if you're still reading this or not, but I can't pass up an opportunity like this!

Thank you for your service at Texas A&M and for the service you will provide this country. Your posts on Texags show a man not afraid to take on what are often overzealous fans using an impersonal medium (the internet) to voice concerns that they would normally never bring up in person. You tuned into the thoughts of current and former students, and no matter how unfounded, you took them head on. That is much more than one would expect of a typical University President.

Your straigtforward nature, to-the-point responses and honesty regardless of perception are ideals we as Aggies try to live up to every day. Truly and impressive performance!

God bless and I can't wait to see what you can do in your new role!

Give 'em hell and Gig 'Em!
Guzen
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thanks for all you have done for our University. God bless you for your dedication to our country and your willingness to take on this new challenge for us. I find great comfort knowing you will be guiding these important decisions over the next few years. Best of luck.

Gig 'Em
Sbisa04
AG
Awesome
SmittyAg08
AGSWON
AG
Wow, I never dreamed he read Texags. I hope he stayed off after the OU and Nebraska games. I was really pissed and my fingers got the best of me.
Justin-Ag02
Please come back to College Station!
EllisCoAg
AG
geez, miss 12 hours and you miss alot!!!!

Good Job, Gates, Good Job.
AG
Amazing. I hope A&M's next President is as "in-touch" with the student body and Former Students as Dr. Gates!

"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
FDT 87
AG
Outstanding! I think Dr. Gates will rank right up there with Sul Ross and Earl Rudder as the best Presidents A&M's ever had.

I hope that after his tour as Sec. of Def. is over, he returns as head of the Bush Library, (and secretly runs the school).

BTH Dr. Gates

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.