Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

485,124 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
Gig em G
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good luck Dr. Gates and thank you for everything you've done for this University.
scott1481
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thank you for your patriotism and your dedication to your country and Texas A&M. I have always admired you, and wish you the best of luck in Washington, and hope to see you at A&M again in the future.

God Bless and Gig Em'
C/O 03
Aggieoliver
AG
Thank you for all you have done for our beloved university, we could never have asked for a better leader!

Give'em hell in DC!

Gig'em
cr06gis
AG
Thank you so much Dr. Gates for what you have brought to our school. Congrats on the confirmation in DC, I know you will do the best that you can. Once again, Thank You.

Also, as a native Wichitan, we are very proud as one of our own has attained such success. So here is another thank you and good luck from all of Wichita, Kansas.

[This message has been edited by cr06gis (edited 12/8/2006 2:06a).]
RedA2007AG
Thank you.

I'll see you Friday night (tonight).
Apu
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thanks for all your services to this university. Although, I am sad to see you leave our university, I understand that the US has to fight the war against terror just as my country has been fighting for a long time. I hope that you do a great job in DC, and I really hope you consider coming back to Aggieland after you have completed your your duty for your country.

Although I have never personally met you, I have admired you ever since I first started reading about the different changes you were bringing to our university, and the Texas Monthly article just further increased my admiration for you.

I thank you for all that you have done, and I really hope to meet you sometime in the future, and I will continue to look up to you.

Gig em!
Apu
AG
P.S. You never replied to my email, but thats okay. I understand that you are really busy!
awiley
AG
God Speed Dr. Gates. You will be missed. You can't begin to imagine the amount of pride and satisfaction I feel every time I see your name on my diploma. Good luck in Washington and thank you for everything you have done for the greatest university on this earth.

-AW '03

"There's a spirit can ne'er be told...."
ag4ever2010
AG
Gig'em Dr. Gates! You'll do great.
Soco
good luck dr gates

vettmaster99
AG
Good Luck Dr. Gates! Come back to visit Aggieland sometime!
TPeezy
Wow. Truly unbelievable and I will remember this night for the rest of my life. BTHO Washington Dr. Gates. I know you will represent Aggieland with courage and honor, and I couldn't think of any better representative than you. Come back and see us soon. Thank you for everything you have done for me and this University.
sharpdressedman
Thank you, Dr. Gates, for your outstanding service to our country and to Texas A&M University. I admire you greatly, and I wish you and your loved ones all the best in life.

Godspeed on your new journey into a very difficult environment. Take with you the prayers and strong support of Aggies everywhere.
binsy
AG
Thanks for everything Dr. Gates, you most likley dont remember this but you ran 3 miles with my outfit one morning last year. I shook your hand, and still havent washed it yet or ever will. I know youll do a better job than the last guy was doing.
princeoweasels
AG
Thanks for everything Dr. Gates. Best of luck to you in the future.
SiAg
AG
Dr. Gates, you have represented Texas A&M very well, and we're all very sure that you'll do the same for our country.
gilmore2009
AG
Gig 'em Dr. Gates!
aggie_bryan
AG
Dr. Gates,
I just finished a long night of studying and writing a paper. I can't tell you how awesome it has been to be a student here at Texas A&M while you have served as president. As a senior in the corps I can not express the thanks I have for you. I will never forget walking with some freshmen friends to yell practice and running into you. After you took time to meet the freshmen all they could speak about was how amazed they were that you took time out of your night to meet them. It almost brings tears to my eyes to truly begin to realize how much you care about this university. I really hope that you have the opportunity to visit aggieland (The 'homeland' as my father '77 likes to say) in the future. And im not sure if youd be up to it, but I dont think you would meet much opposition to returning after you've served our country. With much respect, honor, and aggie spirit... God Speed
Source
Wow. To echo previous posters, I would be proud to be half the man you are today. The conviction you showed at those confirmation hearings let the senators see what we in Aggieland have already witnessed time and time again.

Thank you so much for your leadership, your stance and love towards the students while at A&M, and your patriotism for this country. I could not be more confident in someone being able to help pull our country through these difficult times. It was an honor to have you at Texas A&M, and I hope you will always consider yourself to be an Aggie.

Also, posting on texags is just freakin cool.
MaroonSpirit
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thank you for having the vision and courage to move Texas A&M to the next level academically, socially and athletically while respecting and embracing Aggieland's great traditions. I admit that I was wary of your arrival...I remember the day it was announced that you would be our new president and some drastic early changes that occurred.

However, I couldn't be more proud of the strides we have taken over the past several years and you are to thank for that. You not only shared with us your leadership, knowledge and experience but you also shared your heart which made all the difference.

I am very proud of the diploma on my wall with your name on it too. It was an honor to share that brief moment on the stage with you at graduation.

I know Texas A&M is a better place now for having you here and I know our country will soon be served with the same responsibility and care.

Thank you for becoming a good Ag, Ranger.
Gig 'Em, God Bless and Godspeed.

Amy Hoffman
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '01

I'll always have an eye out for that 6:48 news conference. Good Bull.

[This message has been edited by MaroonSpirit (edited 12/8/2006 4:24a).]
Decay
AG
To think that along with everything else he's been doing, practically dragging A&M kicking and screaming into the future, he still found the time once in a while to poke around on here.

Remember, this guy's CIA. Cloak and daggers! Who else would use the term "breaking cover" except a CIA guy? Who else would go through all the effort to let us know, just a little bit, of what's going up at the top... that's right, nobody except the best university president on the planet.

Gig 'em Dr. Gates!
hammer_07
AG
Gig 'Em
ArkAggie
AG
Anybody found the "other post" yet where Ranger65 first revealed his identity? I've been looking through a few other boards but they've all been overwhelmed with references to that screenname.
heavens11
AG
Dr. Gates,

Good luck as you take on this important role for our country. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the troops.

AmarilloAg02
AG
God Bless and Gig 'Em!
MexAgs
Went to bed reading this, now woke up in here. Let's keep this thing going.
Gig 'Em Dr. Gates!

bthotugigem05
AG
ArkAggie, look on the General board.
jh88ag
AG
If it's not really Dr. Gates, it is an excellent troll.
Scorebook
AG
I definitely had to get in on this post as well. I vaguely remember ranger65 and I remember wondering on one or two occasions how he could know people that knew Gates. I almost called him out like the others called out Aggiegrant. In both situations I am glad I held my tongue...er fingers.

Dr. Gates, I think you did an awesome job at our University. I wish I could have been around this semester but I had already been on the victory lap long enough. I am proud to know such a great man signed my diploma.
Only1BFish
AnalogyAg
Now I don't necessarily want it to supplant Sully's statute, but we really need to get started on Gates'!!!!!

You are the best, Dr. Gates. Thank you, for everything.
True-to-Ags
Okay, I'll admit I really don't have anything to say. I just wanted to be on Dr. Gates' thread.
liquid courage
Come out swingin' & Godspeed.
missyaggie
AG
Dr. Gates,

On the day of your nomination announcement, people here in Tennessee very excitedly approached me about it. They felt that they had a connection to you since they had one to me, and they all knew my feelings for A&M. Thank you for all you have done for A&M. I hope you have much success in your new position. Gig'em!

Missy '83

[This message has been edited by missyaggie (edited 12/8/2006 7:29a).]

[This message has been edited by missyaggie (edited 12/8/2006 7:31a).]
CDiem05
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thank you for all you have done for us these last few years. It has been our honor to have you as our president and to call you a fellow Aggie. It will be with great pride that we watch you fight for our troops over the next couple of years with the same passion you faught for us!

Gig 'Em and God Bless Mr. President!

Chris Diem '05

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.