Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

482,432 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
spike427
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, this is incredible! I must admit I didn't believe the post on the GB at first.

Although I did not have the pleasure of being a student under your presidency, I have enjoyed working at this University with you at the helm. You have done more for current and future students, and, possibly even more so for former students, than any of us probably realize at this point. My one regret is not getting another degree just so that I could shake your hand on that stage.

Aggieland awaits you whenever you'd like to come back home for a visit.
Aggie Vet
AG
Good luck and God Bless you.
Schall 02
AG
And to think, Keegan and I made front page. Lekner rules.
AggieBusDriver
AG
Dr. Gates,

You did an amazing job at Texas A&M and you will be missed. It was a pleasure seeing the policies you crafted and the actions you took while I worked at The Association for the past 3 1/2 years. A lot of things changed, but they were all for the better, and it takes a lot for someone to accomplish that.

I'll miss hearing you speak on campus. I always left the room knowing what was on the horizon for A&M, and it always excited me.

Good luck in Washington, you'll do great!
TP Ag '87
AG
Gig 'em, Dr. Gates. Please come back after you're done in DC.
Montster
R.R. Ag
After reading all 20 of "ranger65" previous posts, I dont believe it's him for one second.

In one thread he tell's someone to "get a life" and in another he cusses at someone, and it's edited out.

If it is him, my opinion of him just went down.

I'm not saying that I've never talked that way to someone on here, I just dont believe the President of A&M would get on texags and talk to other people like that.

P.S. - If it is you Gates, please dont have my family killed.

[This message has been edited by R.R. Ag (edited 12/8/2006 11:10a).]
pocketrockets06
AG
Whoop!

Now Watchole, ban ranger65 because we need him to be focused and not distracted by Texags.
Monkfish
Thank for the service that you have done and that you have yet to do.

I only regret that you could not have been the President of Texas A&M University in more peaceful times so that you could have stayed longer, but I know you go to serve our country well in a time of need.

Good luck, God Bless, and Gig 'em!
AgShaun00
AG
Thank you Dr. Gates,

I wish I could shake your hand next May for my 2nd Aggie degree, but I am proud to say we got an Aggie running our military, and good one at that. God Bless you, and thank you.

Dr. Mephisto
AG
Thanks for what you did for the Ags.

But thank you even more for what you will do for our boys and girls in uniform and for our nation at a difficult time.

Come back when you can.

The Aggies love you. We always can tell when someone has taken A&M into their heart.

Or was just working a job.

I will say you never did that, sir.

You are genuine in a world that praises artificiality. At the level of public scrutiny and publicity that you must work, that is a rare and beautiful trait.

I hope you come back to Aggieland.

We'd love to have you helm this ship again.

Just keep Bonfire burning in your heart.

Gig'em.

And God bless.
illmadeillusions
AG
Thanks and Gig 'Em.
TxRooster97
Dr. Gates

Thank you for everything you have done for Texas A&M University. You will be sincerely missed but NEVER forgotten. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. God bless and Gig 'em!
Ag20??
AG
quote:

After reading all 20 of "ranger65" previous posts, I dont believe it's him for one second.

In one thread he tell's someone to "get a life" and in another he cusses at someone, and it's edited out.

If it is him, my opinion of him just went down.

I'm not saying that I've never talked that way to someone on here, I just dont believe the President of A&M would get on texags and talk to other people like that.

P.S. - If it is you Gates, please dont have my family killed.

It's already been confirmed by WatchOle and Ranger65 himself on page 2 by answering personal questions about Gates.

My opinion went up of him from his comments. Shows he's not afraid to speak his mind which is what we need in DC. Too many bobbleheads and parrots as it is.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Show them what being an Aggie is all about!!! WHOOP!!!
RoperJoe02
Absolutely unbelievable. Dr. Gates, God Bless you for the service you have given our University, as well as our Country. Gig 'Em.
FTAggies
RR we've done this already, we wouldn't be 20 pages and going if it wasn't him, i think that tough SOB was perfect for us and the direction we should be going, just because a man assumes the title of President or Secretary doesn't mean he stops becoming a man, if he forgets his humanity when assuming a position than that sucks for the rest of us because it shows he won't listen to us, by our influence, "the Pulse," of the spirit of Aggieland he has kept the game from dallas and other things as well, it shows intelligence
AggieSarah01
AG
Gig 'em, Dr. Gates, and may God bless you and your family.
hsharpag91
AG
Thank you for your service, dedication, and representation of Aggies everywhere.

Good Luck and God Bless

H Sharp
JAG2293
Best wishes to you.

On behalf of a grateful school and soon to be a grateful nation, thank you.
wxguy95
AG
This is greatness. Dr. Gates, best of luck to you in DC. I hope you are one day able to come back to lead our university again.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Thank you President Gates for understanding what makes A&M great and having a vision on how to continue that greatness. I know you have done your best to set that vision in motion and hope one day you will return to ensure your vision has been realized. Good luck in your endeavors as Sec. of Defense!

I am proud to have your name on my diploma. God bless and Gig'Em!
AggieLawyer05
Dr. Gates...if you still read this...having someone like you in such an important position in Washington DC restores my faith in the government. Thanks for all that you've done in Aggieland and all that you will do for our country in the near future. Gig 'em!
kylefield10
AG
Thank you for all you have done and all that we know you will accomplish in D.C.

Gig Em BTHO cal
Cubby '96
Glad to see there is still some content of value on TexAgs.

I am quite impressed with the job you've done as President, and while disappointed that you must leave now, I understand why it is necessary that you do so. Thanks for your service to us, and for your continued service to our nation. As our university has prospered and set our sights high for the future during your tenure, I hope you can have similar effect for our nation, despite the far greater challenges ahead of you. Best wishes in Washington, and wherever your career and travels take you. You will be missed.
TxLawDawg
AG
Gig 'em Dr. Gates!
OKG2000
AG
Gig'em Dr. Gates!! After your service to our country is completed, I hope you will consider returning to Texas A&M, you will be deeply missed!!

Good luck with your next position, we are all praying for your success!!
Aggie Actuary
I'm proud to have had you as our President, and I'm proud to have you as our Secretary of Defense.

Gig 'em!
therealnick05
AG
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH AGGIE FOOTBALL!??!?!?!? delete thread, ban user........

jk... gates = bamf

thanks for all the amazing work you have done for us and go do your thing in washington!!

(ps. please dont send "your people" to hurt me/hack my username... please...)
witt92
AG
Thank you Dr Gates

Gig em and Godspeed
yaterag
AG
Dr. Gates thank you for all that you have done for this university. You have kept your focus on the things that make this university great while having the determination to make it even better. You may not have graduated from here but you will always be an Aggie to me. I look forward to shaking your had and receiving my diploma from your next Friday.
JDW1998
GOOD BULL.

Curios Ag
AG
Thank you.
Dr Drunkenstein
Why didn't he ever post on any of the "hot chick" threads ?!?
brophyAG
Thank you for all of your service to A&M. Best wishes for your future.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.