Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

482,483 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
ffco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr. Gates,

What was your favorite Fran Stache photoshop?
DecadePlan
AG
WAIT! Do you like our Franstaches!

Please, come back Dr. Gates!

(and folks, I gotta say, I believe this. TOTALLY wild if it's true!)
Cheer
AG
Thanks for everything Dr. Gates, and pay no mind to anything that is said on the GB.

Good luck, and prayers for you and your family!
Keegan99
AG
Suppose it wasn't him...

It would be an astounding work of art for someone to post so infrequently and construct that post history over several years, all for the big payoff of "springing the trap" when Dr. Gates left A&M - not knowing all the while what value such a practical joke would have.
BradC34
AG
quote:
Suppose it wasn't him...

It would be an astounding work of art for someone to post so infrequently and construct that post history over several years, all for the big payoff of "springing the trap" when Dr. Gates left A&M - not knowing all the while what value such a practical joke would have.

That's why it has to be him, no one posting on TexAgs could be that clever to pull soemthing that big off.
ffco
I nominate Keegan for smartest overall TexAgs poster. Seriously.
HOLDEN, M. D.
OMG.

My hero posts on TexAgs.

12-7

@Kyle Field-West 11/24/06

Keegan99
AG
quote:
Thank you for submitting your vote to TexAgs.com

Currently, your vote is the 1 vote in support of this message.
AggieGreg06
AG
quote:
A&M reserves 30,000 seats (at half price) for students. The next highest number of seats reserved for students in the Big XII is tu with 12,000. I personally have heard Gates say that, as long as he is here, the number of seats reserved for students will never be reduced.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=532848&page=5&forum_id=5
ElCheAg
AG
Give 'em hell Dr. Gates. Whoop!
GMaster0
Are you all insane?
aggiejumper
AG
quote:
That's why it has to be him, no one posting on TexAgs could be that clever to pull something that big off.

Some of ya'll have a bunch of time on your hands. There is a chance someone clever did this, albeit very slight.
DecadePlan
AG
Who has a bunch of time on their hands?

(wanna stache?)
Sea Pony 07
AG
Good luck and Gig'em Dr. Gates. I wish it was going to be your name on my diploma.

You'll always have a home at Texas A&M

-Anneliese

[This message has been edited by AMAggie07 (edited 12/7/2006 9:26p).]
AggieGreg06
AG
quote:
I'm told that Byrne, the coaches and even some of the Regents want the Tech game moved to Dallas. I was at an A&M club meeting last spring where Gates was asked this question and he replied that he is opposed to moving the game because he believes 1) other than Bowls, college games should be played on college campuses, 2) most A&M students couldn't go to the game in Dallas, and 3) he doesn't want to elevate Tech to be our equal and principal rival -- that role should be reserved for tu, and our time to regain the upper hand in that relationship will come.

[http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=672236&page=2&forum_id=5
BradC34
AG
There is no way anyone is that clever to pull this off. They've been planning it for well over a year if they have. If this is fake, this is without a doubt, the most amazing sock/troll pulled off.
FTAggies
i hope that doesn't mean your going to stop posting or chatting with us, gig'em in DC!!!
tlepoC
AG
I don't buy it. I want a sign at the sendoff.....raise the shocker above your head as you walk by and then I will believe.
AggieGreg06
AG

Smartest poster on TexAgs
Tag77
Dr. Gates,

Please protect us from the surrender monkeys in Washington, please do not cut and run from Iraq. Liberals like to remind us we have been in Iraq longer than we were engaged in WWII. Remind them how WWII came abruptly to an end by dropping 2 A-BOMBS on Japan or it might still be going on.

Also consider nuking Iran back into the ice age and taking out Hugo before we really have to fight that idiot and his allies in South America.

GOD be with you sir!

Ag20??
AG
This is either going to be a well known thread where Ranger goes "damn ya'll are stupid" or another where people go "remember when the secretary of defense posted on our message boards?". Up there with fish pond and aggiegrant.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
I nominate Keegan for smartest overall TexAgs poster. Seriously.

I'm pretty sure ranger65 has me beat. Handily.
Luke The Drifter
AG
No matter the outcome of this, I believe this thread will turn into TexAgs legend material.

Either way, my man crush on Dr. Gates is still going strong and I'm going to miss the heck out of him.

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. - James 1:19-20 (NIV)
ffco
^
I stand corrected. 2nd smartest.
theNetSmith
AG
Good luck and Gig 'em in D.C., Dr. Gates. Thanks for everything you have given to this university.

God bless.

-T
1876er
AG
Yall are gullible...
BradC34
AG
Waiting on the B to post on here.
FTAggies
Dr. Gates I hope you come back to us as President, but if you don't we've enjoyed your stay, you're always welcome back, and you better come back
12thManAggie
AggieLit
Dr. Gates, thank you for that reply card you sent me last May to the letter regarding the trees on Ross St.

I wish we had time to talk about my experiences transferring between A&M and the University of Chicago, and then coming back here for grad school, and how it all relates to Vision 2020. Maybe after you return in '09.
ranger65
AggieGreg06: Indiana University; Jim Carlson.
Scamp84
AG
Give 'em hell Dr. Gates!
ffco
Well, Greg...are those the answers?
Federale01
AG
This thread should not get political.

Dr. Gates,

Thank you for leading this great univesity to achieve even higher standards. Your leadership will be sorely missed at A&M.

As a vet, I will pray for you and the path you are about to embark on. Please do the nation proud.

I believe you deserve a ring and a statue on West Campus, but that's just me.

Gig 'Em, and give em hell.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Ugh...he's still lurking and probably read my "man crush" comment.

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. - James 1:19-20 (NIV)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.