Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Fat Man to Fit Man Thread (diary)

116,735 Views | 647 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Mr Mojo Risin
harge57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragoo said:

Been following.

Couple notes:
Too much bacon
Too much bread

I would very strongly consider switching to a fruiting/spinach type smoothy for breakfast. You are eating fatty greasy heavy foods right now. You may be eating less than is typical so the weight may be coming off but isn't proper diet.

I would also consider following a program - like Faster Way to Weight Loss.

I agree with you on the bread and cereal amounts.

IMO. Smoothies are terrible for most people trying to lose weight.

The women I know always fall into this trap. Just because it's a smoothie does not make it healthy. Yet they never lose weight.

Eating a smoothie is a great way to raise your blood sugar and be hungry again in an hour.
Post removed:
by user
I Am A Critic
SoupNazi2001 said:

harge57 said:

Ragoo said:

Been following.

Couple notes:
Too much bacon
Too much bread

I would very strongly consider switching to a fruiting/spinach type smoothy for breakfast. You are eating fatty greasy heavy foods right now. You may be eating less than is typical so the weight may be coming off but isn't proper diet.

The women I know always fall into this trap. Just because it's a smoothie does not make it healthy. Yet they never lose weight.

Eating a smoothie is a great way to raise your blood sugar and be hungry again in an hour.

Totally disagree on bacon or "fatty foods". You can eat mostly fatty meats and be in great shape if you work out and eat an ideal range of calories, don't eat a lot of sugar or simple carbs. I have some form of steak, red meat or pork almost daily. Lowers the hunger as well.

If you're already fat, you don't need to eat fat. Your body has plenty of stored energy. Burn that before you eat more. And that kids is why most people fail at keto diets.
hph6203
AG
I Am A Critic said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

harge57 said:

Ragoo said:

Been following.

Couple notes:
Too much bacon
Too much bread

Totally disagree on bacon or "fatty foods". You can eat mostly fatty meats and be in great shape if you work out and eat an ideal range of calories, don't eat a lot of sugar or simple carbs. I have some form of steak, red meat or pork almost daily. Lowers the hunger as well.

If you're already fat, you don't need to eat fat. Your body has plenty of stored energy. Burn that before you eat more. And that kids is why most people fail at keto diets.
People fail at keto diets, because people fail at diets. It's nothing unique about keto.

The rationality behind eating keto makes sense, but it's hard to maintain. The idea is that your body is reluctant to burn fats for energy, because it's harder. Carbs are basically a direct line to energy, fats take more breaking down, so the concept is to force your body into a constant state of fat breakdown so when you're in a non-fed state you more readily burn body fat.

It's why intermittent fasting a keto can see pretty rapid results if people stick to it, it's just most people fail to stick to it.

Intermittent fasting is probably the most straight forward way to cut calories as it's not a complex decision. It's just eat or don't eat. And people's bodies will adjust.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: bagel friday.
AgBQ-00
AG
Weight 265. Held steady. Fighting a summer cold/respiratory bug

Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: Leftover pesto chicken
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: eggs bacon tea
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Eggs, bacon tea.
Lunch Left over fish and salad
selk
AgBQ-00
AG
Lost weight over last week. 264
Breakfast cereal 2 % milk
Lunch: leftover chicken murphy
Dinner aidells sausage long grain rice
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: cereal and milk
Lunch: left over sausages and salad
Dinner: tuna with Sriracha mustard relish and crackers
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with turkey sausage
Lunch: hamburger wrap and tea
Dinner:
AgBQ-00
AG
breakfast Bagel friday
lunch fajita chicken salad with cilantro dressing
AgBQ-00
AG
It is my birthday today. Weighed in this morning and had held steady.
Breakfast was pancakes and eggs and bacon
Lunch: hot dog and a beer with some fresh chips
ABATTBQ87
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

It is my birthday today. Weighed in this morning and had held steady.
Breakfast was pancakes and eggs and bacon
Lunch: hot dog and a beer with some fresh chips

Happy Birthday! Get on the deck and push a class set of: 00!
Woods Ag
AG
being fat and eating fat has nothing to do with each other... that's misinformation. by that logic, I can eat gummy bears forever and never put on any fat. we know that's not true.

I went from 215 to 180 eating mostly fats and protein. Never really low enough in carbs to be "Keto"
From fat and out of shape to top 10%, sometimes top 5% in the crossfit open every year the past 6 years.

Your body has 2 energy sources. Fat or Carbs. pick one and limit the other. Eat the proper amount of protein to maintain or grow muscle (whatever your goal is), and eat the proper amount of calories to obtain goals. If you want ot lose fat, eat a calorie deficit.

If you want to be carb heavy eat at
35-45% carb
25-30% fat
30% protein diet

If you want to eat fats:
50-60% fat
30% protein
10-20% carbs

I haven't measured or kept track of anything in years, but this was my general guideline way back when. Now I just kind of know what to eat and want to not eat and with my workout routine I pretty much stay the same.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: 2 slices Bacon 2 eggs cup of coffee
Lunch: Leftover catfish and crawfish
Woods Ag
AG
Cheers! That's exactly what I just had.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Sausage and scrambled eggs. 2 cups of coffee
Lunch: Chicken and rice
BadMoonRisin
AG
Woods Ag said:

being fat and eating fat has nothing to do with each other... that's misinformation. by that logic, I can eat gummy bears forever and never put on any fat. we know that's not true.

I went from 215 to 180 eating mostly fats and protein. Never really low enough in carbs to be "Keto"
From fat and out of shape to top 10%, sometimes top 5% in the crossfit open every year the past 6 years.

Your body has 2 energy sources. Fat or Carbs. pick one and limit the other. Eat the proper amount of protein to maintain or grow muscle (whatever your goal is), and eat the proper amount of calories to obtain goals. If you want ot lose fat, eat a calorie deficit.

35-45% carb
25-30% fat
30% protein diet

If you want to eat fats:
50-60% fat
30% protein
10-20% carbs

I haven't measured or kept track of anything in years, but this was my general guideline way back when. Now I just kind of know what to eat and want to not eat and with my workout routine I pretty much stay the same.
Not only that, but our brain and body have evolutionarily evolved to run optimally on ketones from when we were hunters and ate primarily animals. Eating carbohydrates is a relatively new thing for humans.
ATM9000
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Woods Ag said:

35-45% carb
25-30% fat
30% protein diet

If you want to eat fats:
50-60% fat
30% protein
10-20% carbs

Not only that, but our brain and body have evolutionarily evolved to run optimally on ketones from when we were hunters and ate primarily animals. Eating carbohydrates is a relatively new thing for humans.

This is a great talking point to sell paleo and keto diet books. But there's a lot of research out there that debunks this.

Anyhow, there's plenty of stuff we do and use that are relatively new things to humans.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Raisin bran
Lunch: leftover asian chicken
Donner: goulasch
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Bagel Friday
Lunch: Chicken salad sandwich and fruit
hph6203
AG
You mean that our bodies don't convert carbs to energy more directly than fat?

If anything our bodies were evolved for more scarcity than now and the excess supply of calories, in general, is the problem with weight gain. I had a conversation with my dad today and told him I don't eat breakfast (he's 79) and he told me I needed to make sure I eat more often. I'm 6'2" and 185lbs and maintain that weight +/- 3 lbs with zero effort.
ATM9000
AG
hph6203 said:

You mean that our bodies don't convert carbs to energy more directly than fat?

If anything our bodies were evolved for more scarcity than now and the excess supply of calories, in general, is the problem with weight gain. I had a conversation with my dad today and told him I don't eat breakfast (he's 79) and he told me I needed to make sure I eat more often. I'm 6'2" and 185lbs and maintain that weight +/- 3 lbs with zero effort.

First to the OP, your thread and keep it up. Progress so far is not a small feat so pat yourself on the back for that.

I just don't think it matters that much and your answer is probably closer to the right one... it's scarcity relative to the amount of movement that's highly likely the bigger factor.
AgBQ-00
AG
Ok...back on track this week.

Breakfast: bacon eggs coffee. 2 points
Lunch: steak fried rice and a peach 6 points

Snacks: Beef stick, balanced breaks, peach, grapes. 15 points
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: eggs bacon coffee 2 points
Lunch: Kevin's paleo chicken marsala. 3 points

Snacks: Grilled chicken, an apple 0 points
Jbob04
AG
This is a weird unbalanced diet for sure. Good luck to you OP, hope you get the results you are looking for.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast Egg scramble with bacon onions and peppers. Coffee. 2 points
Lunch: two tacos al carbon. 9 points

Snacks: Balanced break 7 points
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Was going to make oatmeal and the milk had soured. boo.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: 2 eggs 1 sausage patty 4 points

Dinner: Chicken and apple sausage, corn and salad
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: 2 eggs 2 bacon 2 coffee 2 points
lunch: leftover chicken and apple sausage and corn 11 points
Dinner: jerk chicken and green beans. 0 points

Snacks. Banana, balanced breaks, beef sticks
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Egg scramble with sausage and mushrooms 3 points
Lunch: Jerk chicken and green beans 0 points
Dinner: PB&J sandwich glass of milk 9 points

snacks: balanced break, banana, grapes, beef stick 10 points
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: 2 eggs 2 bacon 2 coffee 2 points
Lunch: Chicken nuggets side salad avacado ranch dressing and tea 15 points

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.