Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Fat Man to Fit Man Thread (diary)

116,851 Views | 647 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Mr Mojo Risin
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Re-weighed this morning to check after mom's day meals. 269!! Very happy was able to continue and not backtrack

Breakfast: 2 eggs 2 bacon coffee
Lunch: Leftover salmon and veggies
Dinner: jersey shore sandwich.

Snacks: Banana, Balanced breaks
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 bacon, coffee
Lunch: Leftover jersey shore (mini) grapes, pickels and olives

Snack: Breakables package
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast oatmeal with blueberries and strawberries

Lunch and dinner pizza

Been a terrible day. Had to put one of my dogs down and meals went out the window

Sleep has been rough. Been stressed at work and we have an old dog who is going to have to be put down soon. I. Assuming that is what is causing it.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: bacon eggs and coffee.
Claude!
AgBQ-00 said:

Breakfast oatmeal with blueberries and strawberries

Lunch and dinner pizza

Been a terrible day. Had to put one of my dogs down and meals went out the window

Sleep has been rough. Been stressed at work and we have an old dog who is going to have to be put down soon. I. Assuming that is what is causing it.
Sorry to hear about your pooch.
AgBQ-00
AG
Thanks
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Bagel friday
Lunch: Cobb salad with grilled chicken
AgBQ-00
AG
Dad's birthday today.

Breakfast: western omlete
Lunch: grilled catfish carrots and apples

Slice of pineapple upside down cake
selk
AG
Keep going don't stop add a 20-30min evening walk
AgBQ-00
AG
Appreciate the encouragement! I'm writing this last week off as a learning experience (was a rough week) and resetting tomorrow morning.
AgBQ-00
AG
Weigh in this morning: a bit of a backtrack 272.

Starting fresh this morning
Breakfast 2 eggs 2 bacon
Lunch ham sandwich pickles almond and cheese balanced breaks
Dinner pan fried catfish with creole seasoning corn and greenbeans
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast eggs bacon coffee
Lunch: Progresso chicken and herb dumpling soup
Dinner taco salad with Kevin's taco seasoning and dole southwest salad mix. Was delicious
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: eggs sausage coffee
Lunch: Left over taco salad
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast corn flakes and 2%milk
Missed lunch today.
Dinner will be aidells spicy mango sausage with caesar salad
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Bagel and schmear
Lunch: cobb salad with grilled chicken
SnyderAg02
First, good for you on focusing on nutrition for your health.

But, are you starving after eating that? I struggled with weight for a long time and didn't have success until I ate a high protein diet with no processed carbs.

For reference, I eat almost all meat with the occasional fruit and honey. I have been between 165-170 for two years with ease.

Not being critical, but I can't imagine it's easy to eat that little food.
SnyderAg02
And by meat I mean about 2 lbs or so of cow.
AgBQ-00
AG
Not hungry after meals. What I'm eating seems to keep me filled. The day this is ever in question is Friday breakfast.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: eggs bacon cheddar breakfast sandwich
AgBQ-00
AG
Weigh in today: 270

Breakfast: bacon eggs coffee
Lunch: ham sandwich and fruit
Dinner: pan fried catfish and salad
Hehateme1
AgBQ-00 said:

Weigh in today: 270

Breakfast: bacon eggs coffee
I'm keeping up with you, mainly because I love to see people working hard and succeeding. Also I'm on the same journey myself. I'm down to 273 on the scale this morning.

Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration.
AgFB
AG
Same here! Down to 278. Broke out the "moderately fat" box of clothes from the attic. They all fit.
ABATTBQ87
AG

Quote:

Goals: Generally fit. I want to work my way to running a 5k
So how goes the running? I walk 2.4 miles 5x a week, and I jog down the driveway singing the "Back in 1944, a Texas Aggie went to war" Jodie

AgBQ-00
AG
my major frustration right now is not getting running yet. Have to get the bag monster to shut up in the morning.
AgBQ-00
AG
Thanks! I'm making progress.
ATM9000
AG
I'm following as well because you are putting it out there.

Still don't love the diet you are doing (specifically the breakfast), but if it is working keep going. But if you stall or fallback again, go back to the drawing board.

Maybe consider more fiber in your breakfast if you do bacon daily. Ultimately, if you want sustainable weight loss, you have to control blood sugar spikes which is why I do the 8:1 thing. Bacon every morning with likely sugar added bacon is pulling your blood sugar levels up every morning. Fiber will at least help slow that down daily. Consider adding some oatmeal or avocado or something every morning to keep that under control. When that's not under control, you are going to have a hard time not backsliding a little when some other stressor comes into your life.
Goodbull_19
AG
ATM9000 said:

I'm following as well because you are putting it out there.

Still don't love the diet you are doing (specifically the breakfast), but if it is working keep going. But if you stall or fallback again, go back to the drawing board.

Maybe consider more fiber in your breakfast if you do bacon daily. Ultimately, if you want sustainable weight loss, you have to control blood sugar spikes which is why I do the 8:1 thing. Bacon every morning with likely sugar added bacon is pulling your blood sugar levels up every morning. Fiber will at least help slow that down daily. Consider adding some oatmeal or avocado or something every morning to keep that under control. When that's not under control, you are going to have a hard time not backsliding a little when some other stressor comes into your life.

I agree. I'd take a huge handful of spinach (or 2) and saut that with your egg. Then add 1/2 an avocado. More filling, more nutritious, blunted insulin response.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Oatmeal and coffee
Lunch: Catfish and greens, italian vinegarette.
SnyderAg02
I'd be careful with oatmeal. For a lot of folks, certain types of oatmeal spike blood glucose. If you want to get a better picture of blood glucose, you might look into a CGM. NutriSense has a great program with a good chat function. I've worn them several times and the information they provide is really helpful.

Here is a good blog post from their website regarding blood glucose results from certain dietary experiments using different types of oatmeal.

https://www.nutrisense.io/blog/cgm-blood-glucose-experiment-5-insights-from-a-non-diabetic
wbt5845
AG
One also has to be very careful about what oatmeal you eat. I stick with the full throttle steel cut plain oats.

Yes, they take 30 minutes to cook. But I do a big pot in the weekend, pour into muffin tins and freeze, then microwave them in the AM. Only add craisins and a little whole milk.
AgBQ-00
AG
oatmeal is plain with just fresh berries added. Cooked with 2% milk. I use the quick oats. The bacon I use is uncured hardwood smoked. Not sure there is any sugar in it, will have to look the next package I get. The reason for my breakfasts are they are not loaded with sugar or processed carbs. Since eating on the plan, my afternoon crashes (glucose dips) are non-existent. On Fridays with the bagel day, I try to add a ton of protein and fats in my snacks and lunch to offset the carb effect.

My approach is to be slow and steady in changes and weight losses and fitness goals. Have been pretty good with it so far. (Outside of the week we had to put one of our dogs down) If I have a meal that I go overboard on, my goal is to be better next meal. I know there will be some days that won't be optimal, but even on those days I can aim to make the best of the choices available. It is a process and I am enjoying figuring it out.
wbt5845
AG
The quick oats are actually highly processed carbs. I recommend plain steel cut oats. Added benefit is they're more filling and you will be as regular as a German train schedule.
AgFB
AG
Before I was doing keto, I loved the overnight oats with steel cut oats and dropping in a few berries. Or go organic PB and a little honey.
ABATTBQ87
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

my major frustration right now is not getting running yet. Have to get the bag monster to shut up in the morning.
give me your phone number and I'll call you @ 6 am with gentle Phead encouragement to get up!
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: Bacon sandwich. 3 slices bacon and t slices sara lee multi grain with coffee
Lunch slice pizza iced tea
Dinner: tuna fish sandwich

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.