Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Fat Man to Fit Man Thread (diary)

116,731 Views | 647 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Mr Mojo Risin
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Breakfast: 2 eggs (0) bacon (2) coffee (0) 2 points
Lunch: Morrocan chicken breast (0) fried okra (4) corn on the cob (0) 4 points

Snack Beef sticks (3)
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast: eggs (0) coffee (0) sausage (3) 3 points
AgBQ-00
AG
This week has been a disaster. boo.
Breakfast: bagel (8) schmear (6) 14 points
aggielax48
AG
Haven't posted on this thread in quite some time because frankly I didn't feel like you were interested in advice. You seemed to write off pretty quickly anything multiple posters told you and kind of acted like you had it under control. This may come across as harsh, but I think at this stage you need some tough love. Trust me in that we want to see you succeed. Being 270 lbs at 6 ft all is just really unhealthy and what you are doing isn't working. You need to change your lifestyle and stop making excuses. Crash dieting trying to lose 4 lbs in a week is a terrible idea. You post a log every day but you have these "bad weeks" so you're clearly not being honest with us and probably most likely yourself of what you're really putting in your mouth. You need to lose at least 80 lbs. That's probably a year long journey and should be your lifestyle not just a diet. You have to be able to enjoy what you eat, but quit with the wife's birthday, friends were in town, vacation BS. You said you had a bad week yet you went out and had a freaking bagel and cream cheese today. Not going to rehash my opinions on that I've previously posted in this thread, but I think you need a do over and start making better food choices. Good thing is you have lost a little weight but what you're doing isn't sustainable in my opinion and really hasn't produced any results in probably 3 if not 4 months.

Leeman
I have to agree, To be 270 lbs it shouldn't take much to lose weight - even at a slow pace. You are eating a lot more than you say here and eating bagels and bacon everyday is not going to cut it.
AgBQ-00
AG
You ever have a season in your life where you feel nothing is solid? Where nothing feels like it is under any sense of control or solid standing? I've been going through a season like that for over 3 years now. This is my attempt to gain some traction to getting things back on track. I fully admit I am struggling. I appreciate the encouragement. It has taken everything in me for a few months now to just not quit. I apologize if I frustrate you...but I haven't quit yet.
Goodbull_19
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

You ever have a season in your life where you feel nothing is solid? Where nothing feels like it is under any sense of control or solid standing? I've been going through a season like that for over 3 years now. This is my attempt to gain some traction to getting things back on track. I fully admit I am struggling. I appreciate the encouragement. It has taken everything in me for a few months now to just not quit. I apologize if I frustrate you...but I haven't quit yet.

We believe in you!!! Don't quit!!!
Tailgate88
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Howdy BQ, fellow BQ here. I mentioned this early on but I hope you will reconsider Intermittent Fasting. More info and plenty of encouragement in this thread:

https://texags.com/forums/48/topics/2943791

Email me Markus at weekdayfast dot com and I will be happy to send you a copy of my book or you can get it on Amazon for $.99 Kindle version. I purposely have it at the cheapest price because I don't care about the money, just want to spread the word. I am 6' 1" and lost 80lbs on IMF.

Hang in there. We're all on your side.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Are you BQ class of 88?
SnyderAg02
If you'd be interested, I'd be happy to take you to lunch sometime to share what worked for me. I was 230ish and now easily maintain 165. I work out but the weight is pure diet/nutrition. I live in NRH and work in downtown Fort Worth. If interested, email me at jlrinehart at gmail. I'm definitely rooting for you to have the strength to make the changes you need to meet your goals.
Tailgate88
AG
I was only in my fish year, but yes. I had to suspend college for a couple years so did not finish in the band. One of my biggest regrets.

But we just got home from fish Review this morning and my son is the most Redass fish in the FTAB so I am living vicariously through him!
ABATTBQ87
AG
Tailgate88 said:

I was only in my fish year, but yes. I had to suspend college for a couple years so did not finish in the band. One of my biggest regrets.

But we just got home from fish Review this morning and my son is the most Redass fish in the FTAB so I am living vicariously through him!

Your son must be in A Battery!
Tailgate88
AG
You're half right. A-Co.
AgBQ-00
AG
I appreciate the support. Will be looking into the intermittent fasting. And changing up schedules trying to get things more ordered
ABATTBQ87
AG
Tailgate88 said:

You're half right. A-Co.

What outfit were you in back in 1984?
Tailgate88
AG
B-Co.
Tailgate88
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I appreciate the support. Will be looking into the intermittent fasting. And changing up schedules trying to get things more ordered

If nothing else, skip breakfast and especially the bagel. That is a bunch of carbs and spikes your insulin first thing in the morning when your body is in fat burning mode. Drink lots of water and black coffee or green tea until lunch time. That small change will make a big difference.
dubi
AG
Link to your book on Amazon?
Tailgate88
AG
dubi said:

Link to your book on Amazon?
I'll PM it to you, don't want mods to think I'm trying to promote it on here.
AgBQ-00
AG
breakfast----
Lunch: 6 oz salmon 3 cups mixed spring greens 2T Greek vinegarette .5C Red grapes
Dinner: 6 oz broiled porkchop

Snacks: banana, handful mixed nuts, 3 crackers with peanut butter
Water: 51 oz so far
Tailgate88
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

breakfast----
I hope that means you're trying IMF! Offer still stands - email address above. Will be happy to coach you for free.
AgBQ-00
AG
I will take you up on that. I am just now looking into it and getting any idea about what to do and timing etc. But decided to limit my eating hours starting out to 12 to 8 until I can get a schedule worked up.
AgBQ-00
AG
Not seeing your email address. I must be missing it. Could you shoot me an email
Tailgate88
AG
Email sent, you can edit your post.
AgBQ-00
Goodbull_19
AG
Proud of you for not giving up and trying new things!

I do think losing weight is highly personal some do better on high fat, low carb, some do well with high carb, low fat different fasting protocols, etc. It may take a while to figure out what works best for you but DON'T GIVE UP YOU CAN DO IT
ATM9000
AG
Goodbull_19 said:

I do think losing weight is highly personal some do better on high fat, low carb, some do well with high carb, low fat different fasting protocols, etc.

Agreed. I tried IMF, keto and just eating less of the same. I hated how unfocused I felt not eating breakfast and the others weren't sustainable for me. What works for me is just holding a balanced diet. I find so much of eating right is mental so I just control that by doing things like not eating processed sugars or red meat or drinking alcohol every day to control cravings. I still consume all but just don't do it daily and that seems to control whatever it is in my brain or body that wants to eat them every day. That, OP, is why I cringed at the daily bacon and eggs thing. You are teaching your body to maintain a bad habit. You will lose control of that most likely one day. I focus on fibrous vegetables to keep me full and try not to pile up multiple bad meals in a day. It does happen but it is rare and a bad week pretty much never happens anymore.

It's hard to lose weight in America. After all, we are the country where Chipotle was pitched and spoken of not that long ago of being a healthy alternative in the suite of restaurants. But what's even harder is losing and then maintaining that weight loss. You really have to learn how to eat or you'll just gain the weight back. If you gain the weight back then my opinion is you might as well not even diet. You should be trying new stuff and figuring out what and how to eat at a healthy weight and still be happy. That's really what you are after, not just the dropping pounds, it's also why I hate diets and programs like nutrisystem or WW. Yeah stick to them for a year and you'll drop weight but you aren't doing them forever and they are effectively just force feeding you lower calories instead of letting you figure out how to craft lower cal diets when you inevitably stop doing them. It's a little mindless and you don't learn anything.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast---
Lunch: 8oz Broiled mediterranean porkchop 3 cups mixed greens with 2T Italian vinegarette.
Dinner: 8 oz round steak. 3 cups spring greens 2T ranch

Liquids: 68 oz water 32 oz coffee. 8 oz milk

Snacks: banana, 7or 8 pork skins, grapes
BadMoonRisin
AG
Keep it up!
Tailgate88
AG
Looking good! Keep that water intake up. Shoot for a gallon a day.
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast....
Lunch: 8 oz round steak, 3C mixed greens 2T honey mustard toast 1T honey
Dinner: pb and honey sammich.

Liquids: 70 oz water. 32 oz coffee, 16 oz milk
Snacks: banana, grapes, 3 olives, 3 crackers with pb
AgBQ-00
AG
Breakfast....
Lunch: 8 oz porkchop, 3 cups spring mix 2T ranch
Dinner: 2 aidells sausage links. Mixed greens with vinegarette.

Liquids: 96 oz water 32 oz coffee
Snacks: Grapes, Handful mixed nuts

Think I ate too many carbs yesterday.
Tailgate88
AG
If you are going to eat bread get some Ezekiel sprouted bread and keep it in the frig. It is very filling and you can use one slice for either an open faced or 1/2 sandwich, but I PROMISE you'll be full. I tried eating a sammich with two slices once and couldn't finish it. Good fiber too.
Goodbull_19
AG
Tailgate88 said:

If you are going to eat bread get some Ezekiel sprouted bread and keep it in the frig. It is very filling and you can use one slice for either an open faced or 1/2 sandwich, but I PROMISE you'll be full. I tried eating a sammich with two slices once and couldn't finish it. Good fiber too.

Can attest. Ezekiel bread is awesome. I throw it on the toaster, spread 1/4 or 1/2 an avocado on it delicious and filling!
Vernada
AG
I know I've seen you post about using WW point system. I'll admit I don't know how that works. But I can't help but notice that earlier this week you ate one pound of meat in a day. (Pork chop and round steak)

By my estimates that alone is about 900 calories and almost 50 grams of fat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.