Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Fat Man to Fit Man Thread (diary)

116,803 Views | 647 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Mr Mojo Risin
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ABATTBQ87
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

233 this week

You weigh the same as 4 months ago

Bear down fish Jones: stop trying and start training!!!
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
I'm bumping this. 12 days since a check-in from the OP.

Hope you're still progressing.
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
AgBQ-00
AG
230 this morning
aggiedata
AG
This thread has inspired me …. along with my doctor giving me 90 days to retest my steadily increasing blood glucose (137) and AC1.

I feel so much better. Almost at my first goal of 200lbs down from 221lbs.
agdaddy04
AG
Been a bit since I'd checked in.
6/20
SW 302.8
CW 260.6
Hoping to be in the 250's by Monday.
Goal weight is 190
bam02
AG
Nice work!!!
AgBQ-00
AG
230 on Friday
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
There's gonna be some of these flat weeks. Keep chugging. You're miles from where you started.
stegler
AG
OP - thank you for sharing your journey. You've inspired me. Got back to working out and eating better this week after reading your post.
AgBQ-00
AG
231 this morning
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

231 this morning
From your OP in April of '21
Quote:

Where I am currently: 43 yo. 6'00" male 282 pounds

You have shed 50+ pounds and kept if off over the last 18 months. You have lost the equivalent of a 1st grader. You have provided significant relief to your joints. Your heart isn't having to work nearly as hard. You have gifted yourself and your loved ones with a healthier man.

Keep at it. It may take another 18 months to shed these last 30 or so. We're here for you.
AgBQ-00
AG
Held steady over the last two weeks. Schedule has been completely upheaved with a new puppy so that is a win in my book.
AgBQ-00
AG
BadMoonRisin
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
TTT
theeyetest
10/1- 221
11/28- 189

Goal weight- 170
AgBQ-00
AG
234 this morning.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Hey BQ, what's happened to the frequent reports?
AgBQ-00
AG
Was pointed out on another board I had not updated in a while. Through holidays etc...weighed in this morning at 242.
ATM9000
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Was pointed out on another board I had not updated in a while. Through holidays etc...weighed in this morning at 242.

Women have had babies since you posted you were 240 a page or 2 back. This means you are consistently eating like somebody who weighs 240 lbs and have been doing so for a while. If your goal is still to be a sustainable 200 lbs, then you've got a drawing board to go back to.
Philip J Fry
AG
Let me just say that he's aware of that and doesn't need it to be pointed out publicly. Weight loss is more than caloric intake. It's stress management, determination, good habit forming, and actual lifestyle changes. It's far from a simple drawing board.
ATM9000
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Let me just say that he's aware of that and doesn't need it to be pointed out publicly. Weight loss is more than caloric intake. It's stress management, determination, good habit forming, and actual lifestyle changes. It's far from a simple drawing board.

I know… I've said as much in this very thread.

OP asked for constructive criticism. Maybe my post didn't come across that way but also wasn't intended to be mean spirited. He's come back which is a good thing and means at some level he still cares about his objective.

My view has been that people get the weight loss thing all wrong. They'll say 'I want to lose 80 lbs'. What most people really are after is 'I want to sustainably weigh 80 lbs less than I do'. This is the actual lifestyle change you are talking about. The losing weight part is the easy piece really. If you aren't digging into the backsliding periods and asking some questions, then you will never sustain. Then all you've done is a lot of work for not a lot of benefit to yourself.

I know it isn't a simple drawing board. It is complex. Hard wired habits that make your body feel a certain way have to change. I'm simply saying if you've got a 9 month period of sideways-ing means you've ultimately not been meeting your objectives, but you've got a lot of data to reflect on and make some changes. It isn't necessarily a bad thing because the data should be extremely actionable.

Sustainable weight loss should be trial and error rather than simple caloric intake. We agree on that. It's not that simple. If you just eat num-nums and lots of bad fat everyday for example or pasta all but less of it than before, then all that will happen is as soon as you hit stress or gatherings, you'll eat more of it. That's for the majority of people. Doesn't mean you stop eating those things but you have to find the way for your body to control the cravings for them.
AgBQ-00
AG
1997aggies
AG
Way to go!
AgBQ-00
AG
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
Nice. Maybe you just need ATM9000 to provide some drill instructor-type motivational words. Keep us up on your progress.
AgBQ-00
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
1997aggies
AG
Good job! 5 pounds in the past month!
ATM9000
AG
To getting back on track.
AgBQ-00
AG
Holiday over indulgence and relaxing on alcohol intake between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Got back on track beginning of the year.
AgBQ-00
AG
AgBQ-00
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.