Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2018 CrossFit Open

24,731 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEng06
DuckDown2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
emando2000 said:

I watched our main coach/athlete do it. From rounds 1-5 he was fine... finishing pretty quick. 10 cals isn't much at all. BUT...the last few rounds it was taking him the entire minute. He was basically biking for 3 min straight.

Lol, I saw that & said NOPE!!!
it HURTS. I try to do it at least once a week. It will light your quads on fire.
gambochaman
AG
yeah I;ve done that....I have never wanted to kill a machine more than right after finishing it
reproag
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

emando2000 said:

I watched our main coach/athlete do it. From rounds 1-5 he was fine... finishing pretty quick. 10 cals isn't much at all. BUT...the last few rounds it was taking him the entire minute. He was basically biking for 3 min straight.

Lol, I saw that & said NOPE!!!
it HURTS. I try to do it at least once a week. It will light your quads on fire.
Try this one

EMOM until you get 100 Cal on Assault Bike

10 DB snatches #50/#35 followed by cal on Assault Bike

Workout ends when you obtain 100 cal total.

I will NEVER apologize for being American
gambochaman
AG
Nopenopenopenope
gambochaman
AG
I see a rig...no rings...weird red tape hanging from middle of rig...
DuckDown2013
AG
Maybe That's where the rings are going to be hung...

I think It's normal to not have rings in the typical open set-up, right?

Edit: just saw the pic. Not high enough for rings there. The rig is really just a norm. Just cause there's a rig doesn't mean it will even get used. Here's to hoping it' WILL be used for bar muscle ups. But not too many because I don't want to rip my soft hands hehe
DuckDown2013
AG
Based on Castro's most recent Instagram post, it's going to be an amrap
DuckDown2013
AG
Does an assault sponsorship mean we will see an assault bike tonight????? I still think no, but I guess anything is possible.
gambochaman
AG
I'm still praying for a redo of 16.3.

and yeah, not high enough for rings

I gotta imagine the rig will be used in some form this week...I'm sticking with my prediction that we'll see either C2B or MU tonight
UpstateAg
AG
Muscle ups, wall balls, and deadlifts?
Idk, but I want strict HSPUs.
UpstateAg
AG
This is how dumb I am. I just realized petals on a flower, and pedals on a bike. I'll turn my degree in now
gambochaman
AG
It wont bw strict hspu in the open
Woods Ag
AG
Well I was going to crush that workout before he added the DUs... may not make the ohs
AgEng06
AG
Haha, I wouldn't use the word "crush" for me, but it was going to be a good one for me... before the DUs. As it is, I'll be working out for 14 minutes.
The Lost
Welp this one will suck the most so far and the one i've been dreading. I will be spending a long time trying to get my first ring mu. Wish the bar mu was first.
gambochaman
AG
Evil
DuckDown2013
AG
Yea I wouldn't hate to have bar muscle ups first. Battling a shoulder Injury too. No biggie, it's just 100% shoulders the whole time...EFFF
DuckDown2013
AG
My calves are going to cramp on second round of double unders so probably doesn't even matter haha
DuckDown2013
AG
I'm thinking Velner can finish this one.
YourFavAggie
AG
The Lost said:

Welp this one will suck the most so far and the one i've been dreading. I will be spending a long time trying to get my first ring mu. Wish the bar mu was first.

Same boat here
dc509
AG
This is going to be an interesting one. I can't remember seeing the reveal athletes not finish.
txaggie05
AG
Got DUs no problem. OHS is my nemesis. May knock out the 20 in time and spend the rest of my time looking dumb on the rings. Should be fun.
AgEng06
AG
I'm the opposite. I don't have DUs, but can handle the MUs pretty easily. OHS will suck, but I'm pretty sure I'll only have to do them once.
gambochaman
AG
I can do double unders all day long but am gonna struggle mightily on the ring mu dammit

Im thinking he overdid this one
924 reps in 14 mins...
AgEng06
AG
How did the athletes do? I didn't get to watch.
UpstateAg
AG
I just got bar muscle ups, but haven't touched a ring yet.
gambochaman
AG
I saw they were finishing round 1 right around the 7:40-8min mark sooooooooooo

We dead
AgEng06
AG
It took me ~35 min to do 17.5, and that was 350 DUs total (the thrusters weren't near as much trouble). If I finish 1 round of this one it will be exceptional.
gambochaman
AG
My shoulders just told me to go eff myself and fell
Off
Fido2K
For once I'm glad I'm doing scaled. Rx looks like death. Y'all would probably kill the scaled version.
AggieChemist
AG
I got 220 reps in like 3 minutes and change and never got another one that counted.
UpstateAg
AG
Is it possible to do 220, sign your sheet, and then just do the rest scaled so you're not standing there going, this ain't happening?
AgEng06
AG
Yes, you can do that.
AgEng06
AG
I did 133 reps Rx. I am terrible at DUs, and had a migraine or something hit me halfway through the OHS. Oh well.
UpstateAg
AG
That's sucks. Hope your migraine goes away. Feel like you've had that plaguing you the last week or two.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.