Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2018 CrossFit Open

24,745 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEng06
emando2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
7:22 - 215 lbs. RX
I paced too much on burpees. Smh...
DuckDown2013
AG
7:40 / 220 RX. Went out way too fast. Probably going to test again at some point.
flyingrob04
AG
7:11/235lb Rx. Will definitely do this again Monday. Might just be one of my favorite Open Wods in the 4 years I've been doing Crossfit.
Woods Ag
AG
6:29
247 Clean

Failed 267 twice because I wasn't sitting back. Want to retest bc I know I can hit 275 now, but want to keep my word to do 1 and done lol
AggieChemist
AG
Anybody else got sore glutes this morning? Damn.
AgEng06
AG
My soreness is in the quads. They have been tight since yesterday, to the point I'm questioning retesting today (in about 3 hrs).
reproag
AG
AgEng06 said:

My soreness is in the quads. They have been tight since yesterday, to the point I'm questioning retesting today (in about 3 hrs).
quads too. used my power dot on them twice this morning.
AgEng06
AG
10:19, 190 lbs on retest.

Should have hit 195, but I stupidly loaded the bar unevenly with a 10 and 15. Also would have hit 200+ if I had time for one more lift. Given how my first attempt went though, I can't complain much.
AggieChemist
AG
AgEng06 said:

Haha maybe it's thursdays deadlifts hitting me then.
UpstateAg
AG
Just did it after working out front squats and squat cleans with my brother in law. 10:00 and 205. Doing it at a box Monday morning. Ran out of time!!
DuckDown2013
AG
Man...was planning on re-testing tomorrow but my quads are still in the process of getting owned. Going to try and get some rowing in today at some point and hopefully will feel better tomorrow!
Woods Ag
AG
6:01
gigemhilo
AG
6:45, 192.5lb scaled
viper14
AG
10:54...went too fast too early
Rx
AggieChemist
AG
Several of my friends redid 18.2 this morning. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.
DuckDown2013
AG
I've reminded myself that I'm not a games athlete so I really don't need to go through 18.2 again...
gambochaman
AG
fraser's 385 clean was stupid
Woods Ag
AG
I don't know how people are throwing up clean PRs. I've either lost strength or too dang burned out to lift heavy after part 1
emando2000
AG
Woods Ag said:

I don't know how people are throwing up clean PRs. I've either lost strength or too dang burned out to lift heavy after part 1
Adrenaline I guess. I PR'd. We do a team open on Friday nights and we have around 30 people there so it's more exciting. My previous PR was 195 and I hadn't hit that in a long time. I was warming up and lifted that and grabbed some extra weight for "just in case" but never thought I'd get it. I ended up nailing 215 in my last lift.

I retested yesterday and improved on my time but couldn't even lift 185. I think too much weekend fun and jello legs wouldn't allow me to do it again.
Woods Ag
AG
That's awesome, man. A 20lb PR is huge.
gambochaman
AG
I traded off timw for weight on t redo....I know my oly is not strong at all so I just went for broke on the ladder

Got 5:40 rx then was only able to hit 205
So that was a 10 lb drop from friday but. 1:14 gain

I'm content
gambochaman
AG
its a huge drop either way in overall position...but I knew that a strength piece was going to end me

that'll be my focus for the next year
FarmersFightForever
AG
RX 6:52 266# 1:15 faster on my redo which I was very happy about. still disappointed with my clean, come from a weightlifting background so was hoping for a lot more but was just so gassed after the first part everything crashed me
emando2000
AG
FarmersFightForever said:

RX 6:52 266# 1:15 faster on my redo which I was very happy about. still disappointed with my clean, come from a weightlifting background so was hoping for a lot more but was just so gassed after the first part everything crashed me
It's because you didn't do it hungover, that's your bad!
DuckDown2013
AG
gambochaman said:

its a huge drop either way in overall position...but I knew that a strength piece was going to end me

Same here but I'm never going to power clean 350 lbs. Or even 300 for that matter. And I'm totally fine with that!
UpstateAg
AG
9:40 and 195. Pretty much worse than before. I suck at pacing.
gambochaman
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

gambochaman said:

Same here but I'm never going to power clean 350 lbs. Or even 300 for that matter. And I'm totally fine with that!

Pretty much
gambochaman
AG
Well, here's whats left:

Thruster
Doubles
Wall ball
Deads
Snatch
Hspu
C2b
Lunges
Muscleups

Guarantees c2 or muscleups this week as there is no way he puts those two back to back

gambochaman
AG
Also box jumps
18 USC 3056 Ag
AG
7:30 and 186 -s for me today. Battled a lower leg injury late last week and only got one shot at 18.2.
Fore warned is fore armed.
flyingrob04
AG
Redo
6:31 and 242 Rx. Improved 40 seconds and 7lbs...I'll take it.
gambochaman
AG
I see the top unofficial time is 3:30...I simply cannot fathom how that is even possible

that's one rep every 1.9 seconds.....
DuckDown2013
AG
couldn't help myself...7:31 and 225 rx. Faster time and increased the clean by 5 lbs. HOWEVER, I FORGOT TO SUBMIT IT UNTIL AFTER THE DEADLINE ">
This time, I went out too slow instead of too fast lol
DuckDown2013
AG
I want to see A-LOT of double unders and bar muscle ups...
AgEng06
AG
gambochaman said:

I see the top unofficial time is 3:30...I simply cannot fathom how that is even possible

that's one rep every 1.9 seconds.....
I'm going to be that one doesn't hold up, because that's just ridiculous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.