Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2018 CrossFit Open

24,778 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEng06
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haha. I would put scores as they are posted here, but sometimes there are re-do's and other things. If you want to post your final scores, though, I'll put them in for you.
Woods Ag
AG
redos.... lol, I ain't got time for that.

I'll take care of it in 2 seconds.
emando2000
AG
AgEng06 said:

And now 2 dudes are at 1 and 2, 3 reps apart (489 and 492). If you look at their videos, they are doing it side by side.

What do you think happened to those guys? They're no longer in the lead even though they posted higher reps than Nicolai Duus who is the leader.
gambochaman
AG
couple of things:

1) fat fingered score that got validate by affiliate manager without looking
2) there was no video thus invalidating the score
3) the video showed significant no reps resulting in a score invalidation
4) the video was not shot properly (showing the clock, the calories, and all the reps, equipment weights, etc)
AgEng06
AG
As gambo said, I think there was something wrong w/ their video submissions that led to their scores being rejected.
AgEng06
AG
Also, my damn ranking formula won't work in Google Sheets, but it works fine in Excel.
DuckDown2013
AG
emando2000 said:

gambochaman said:

so...something is going to burn...im guessing burpees are involved somehow
Assault bike? That always burns before my quads turn to cement.
I don't think they will do an assault bike because boxes have different brands of bikes and it makes it difficult in terms of standardization.
DuckDown2013
AG
In terms of 18.2, there definitely will be some sort of gymnastics involved with Ohlsen and Velner both being great at gymnastics. I am kind of hoping for bar muscle ups although not likely...I have a minor shoulder injury and I did hand stand push ups today in a metcon and 1 ring muscle up afterwards and neither of them felt good.
AgEng06
AG
I'm hoping if they do MUs that it will be rings this time. Selfishly, I'm more efficient on rings, but it also seems like bar MUs always shred everyone's hands.
UpstateAg
AG
I overdid it on MU last week thinking it would be good prep. Now I can barely do one. What is your best tip for doing ring and bar muscle ups? The hips to the bar? Kipping?
Woods Ag
AG
I may be more efficient at doing ring muscle ups if its 10-15.. In an open wod, it's never 10-15. It'll be 30-60, and in that case I get to a point when I need to chicken wing the **** out of some muscle ups, and that's easier to do on a bar.

That being said, I dont care. Just give it to me, Castro.
Woods Ag
AG
Thrust like some hot ass woman told you to "cock her" and then sit up harder than you ever had before and you'll magically appear at the top.

Watch how much her hips extend and do that.
DuckDown2013
AG
Although I am a level 1 trainer/coach, I'm definitely not an expert by any means, but I will give it a shot!
On bar mu's, definitely just emphasize hips to the bar like you mentioned. Singles are totally okay for the sake of saving your hands. And on rings, the best thing to do in my opinion is practice the transition on a set of low rings with your feet on a box and back parallel to ground. The range of motion on a ring MU is not natural for most people, so just hammering that in with emphasis on throwing your head forward/tucking once you pull your chest to the rings.

Sounds like the best thing for you might just be rest at this point!
DuckDown2013
AG
how about a sh*t ton of double unders with some muscle ups ">
AgEng06
AG
mezmerizing
Woods Ag
AG
I brought my hiking gear with me to Midland this week. If that's the case I'll pop down to big bend and do the outer loop gladly
DuckDown2013
AG
you know they are coming at some point...here's to me selfishly hoping its a sh*t ton of double unders with a sh*t ton of burpees! (Although the new burpee standards make a lot of burpee box jump overs really suck)
DuckDown2013
AG
it's too bad CLB is a baby...she was my first crossfit crush and now I feel like she is just a sore loser. I know she has had legitimate injuries recently, but she has a terrible attitude a lot of the time.
Woods Ag
AG
Me too. I know a regional judge. She's the biggest ***** at the event from the stories he tells me. It's just pressure in the moment, but she's a little outrageous
AgEng06
AG
If you know of any negatives about Brooke Wells, just don't tell me...
Woods Ag
AG
What if you found out it was a fake booty. All injected silicon or whatever they do... would that ruin it for you?
AgEng06
AG
Nope.
DuckDown2013
AG
We can de-rail this thread with our top 5 crossfit women in a hurry.....

1) brooke ence because she is hilarious and a bad a**
2) brooke wells because obviously
3) jamie greene
4) Katrin
5) Kristi Eramo has grown on me lately

also love Lindy Barber, Stacie Tovar, Kara Webb - Most of these girls are just great people. I have really enjoyed becoming a fan of the sport of crossfit in terms of cheering people on as much as anything...
gambochaman
AG
brooke wells #1...love her long time...katrin tanja #2

I was athlete control at the south regional last year...every athlete I interacted with was really cool, appreciative and willing to chit chat a bit....except for CLB

brooke ence has gotten a little too manly for me.

AgEng06
AG
concur
dc509
AG
Brooke Wells and her sister game to an A&M home game last year. I saw them walking to a tailgate.
Woods Ag
AG
How did you pick her out?
gigemhilo
AG
added my score but didnt know how to add it to rankings. I'll do better next time!
AgEng06
AG
I got you.
gambochaman
AG
Woods Ag said:

that majestic booty would be impossible to miss
dc509
AG
gambochaman said:

Woods Ag said:

that majestic booty would be impossible to miss
Ha, actually my wife saw her while they were inline for the restroom. She walked by a few minutes later.
DuckDown2013
AG
dc509 said:

Brooke Wells and her sister game to an A&M home game last year. I saw them walking to a tailgate.

I believe One of her sponsors is headquartered in c-stat (cellucore)
gambochaman
AG
Dont know if yall saw it but Castro's ig story just briefly showed a dude doing bar mu and he quickly cut away
gambochaman
AG
Also, yall see the announcement about Xebex rowers? Holy freAking crap
Woods Ag
AG
I've never even heard of that brand but it doesn't surprise me. It'd be like using a Schwinn in place of an Assault bike. They should have known better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.