Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2018 CrossFit Open

24,780 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEng06
CPAAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got 331 on Friday and was judged by our coach who we affectionately refer to as coach no rep. Anyway I did not have my DU rhythm with me but on the third round of DUs I had to push to try to finish. Coach no rep told me I only got 99 at the buzzer instead of 100.
gigemhilo
AG
Coach no rep is a punk!!
gigemhilo
AG
11:54 scaled
flyingrob04
AG
CPAAg said:

Got 331 on Friday and was judged by our coach who we affectionately refer to as coach no rep. Anyway I did not have my DU rhythm with me but on the third round of DUs I had to push to try to finish. Coach no rep told me I only got 99 at the buzzer instead of 100.

I got 331 rx too ....so pissed I didn't get that one last rep
gambochaman
AG
Lol at that clue
The Lost
gambochaman said:

Lol at that clue

Wall balls because of egg? This is some terrible art.
FarmersFightForever
AG
protein farts
UpstateAg
AG
"These movements will make you fart."
OR...
"Y'all are morons. Let me prove it."
DuckDown2013
AG
I am calling BS on the two guys that finished 2nd and 3rd in the WORLD on 18.3. Both of them supposedly finished the workout under the time cap. Neither of them got to 9 rounds on 18.1...neither of them finished 18.2 in under 8:30...and one of them cleaned 265 and the other 165....
gambochaman
AG
In case yall want to see what ridiculousness looks like:

Dakota Rager, 18.3, 13:25

gigemhilo
AG
wow - he did every one of those muscle ups unbroken.... we're just not worthy!

also, if I was watching that I would be going nuts. the crowd needs a little lesson on how to cheer people on!
The Lost
gambochaman said:

In case yall want to see what ridiculousness looks like:

Dakota Rager, 18.3, 13:25

Does him being 5'4 help on the muscles ups/being quicker on squats? No clue if that helps or hurts, impressive none the less.

I'm ready to see the torture that 18.4 will be.
Woods Ag
AG
That 315 DL is going to kill me. Wish it was unlimited time
gambochaman
AG
Same
I'll get there and it will be singles and hope to God i can make it to one round of hsw
UpstateAg
AG
9 minutes. Woof. Better learn to kip. I've only been doing them strict.
AgEng06
AG
Good luck guys. I'll be sitting this one out due to my head issues.
gambochaman
AG
Smart decision
Hope you heal soon my friend
gambochaman
AG
So surely he wont put wall ball and thruster in the same workout no?
AgEng06
AG
Thanks man. I'm feeling better, and plan to start working back into it next Monday. I'm just nowhere near ready for an Open workout.
The Lost
excited for the deadlifts... not excited for that many handstands. Not sure what i'm going to break them down into since my shoulder is still sore from last weeks over head squats.
gambochaman
AG
Was 7 reps short of finishing Diane

The line for the hspu is freaking BS....half of y reps i had to lift up on my fingers to reach it
emando2000
AG
We all go tonight but we're gonna have to be up front with our people. I anticipate plenty of reps falling short.
gambochaman
AG
My best diane time is 6:15
Doing good hspu too...full arm lockout at the top, both feet on the wall
This is a little much
Woods Ag
AG
Finished first part in 4:30.. only got 15 DLs in the next 4:30. That weight sucks.

Best Dianne time is sub 3 mins I believe... been a long time but certainly not at that standard.
dc509
AG
My best Diane time is in the mid 3's, but if I'm in the 4's tomorrow on the first part I will be pumped. The wife and I just got back from vacation so my goal tomorrow morning will be to not throw up in public.
gigemhilo
AG
6:01 scaled.

I probably won't do that one again - lol
The Lost
well i hit the most hand stand push up's ive ever done. usually i'll do them with one head mat since we've usually crushed our shoulders by the wod time. I'll take it. Wish i could have deadlifted more. It's by far my best. Since I knew i probably wouldn't get passed the first round, i just crushed that first set in 41 seconds
dc509
AG
91 reps Rx with a 5:54 tie break. Diane went a little slower than normal.
UpstateAg
AG
Add another shoulder weakness to my list of stuff to work on this year. I knew they were bad, but man. Also, attempted my first ever kip after 13 strict hspus to everyone's amusement. Wife came and watched and said, all of y'all are crazy.
DuckDown2013
AG
Ugh...I guess I have to give this thing an attempt today. I'm just over the open this year.
gambochaman
AG
3 deads at 315 for 93 reps with 6:49
So much happier
DuckDown2013
AG
92 at 7:41 tie break. Holy back.
DuckDown2013
AG
Nice improvement, Gambo!
Looks like I'm just setting a rank for me to beat next year. There's no way I'll be able to continue my improvement in the open like past years. (Although I think that was decided on 18.2 haha) Oh well, injuries will do that to you I guess.
DuckDown2013
AG
Here's to hoping we don't see both thrusters and wall balls in the same worjout this week.

Watch, he will probably put thrusters, wall balls, and box jumps in this week. Quads quads quads.
gambochaman
AG
thanks man....I definitely adjusted my stance on the hspu...narrowed it down...also used tape on the wall instead of a chalk line, which helped me feel when I had a good rep instead of waiting on judge to call it out...

shoulders were dead and I did all singles I the round of 9 hspu but whatever...I got 2 more heavy deads than I wanted, so I am happy!

and yes...tomorrow gonna be cripple town, population me lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.