Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2018 CrossFit Open

24,737 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEng06
dc509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

I want to see A-LOT of double unders and bar muscle ups...
This
DuckDown2013
AG
AgEng06 said:

gambochaman said:

I see the top unofficial time is 3:30...I simply cannot fathom how that is even possible

that's one rep every 1.9 seconds.....
I'm going to be that one doesn't hold up, because that's just ridiculous.
I'd love to see a video of those squats... I just don't see how somebody could be sub 4 minutes while hitting the movement standards on all 110 movements.
gambochaman
AG
I'd love bar muscleups and double unders

I keep hoping the repeat is 16.3

amrap 7 min
10 snatch 75lbs
3 bar mu
gambochaman
AG
there's several sub 4 minute submissions. a lot of them are from very short folks but still....lets say they can do one squat per second...the whole motion of a burpee over bar (falling, getting up, jumping over) in 2 seconds, sustained for 55 reps is just ludicrous
AgEng06
AG
That, plus the transition from DBs to burpees takes a little bit of time, regardless of how quick they are.
DuckDown2013
AG
gambochaman said:

I'd love bar muscleups and double unders

I keep hoping the repeat is 16.3

amrap 7 min
10 snatch 75lbs
3 bar mu
I WOULD LOVE THAT. I had just started my cf journey before the open that year and I did the 10 snatches and stared at the bar for the rest of the 7 minutes lol
Woods Ag
AG
Well you can both kiss my ass. We ain't doing DUs this year...
DuckDown2013
AgEng06
AG
I'm on your side. I'd love for DUs to get left out this year.
emando2000
AG
gambochaman said:

there's several sub 4 minute submissions. a lot of them are from very short folks but still....lets say they can do one squat per second...the whole motion of a burpee over bar (falling, getting up, jumping over) in 2 seconds, sustained for 55 reps is just ludicrous
Also, with the burpee standards I see a lot of no reps being let go. There was a video yesterday of a guy ranked really high and all I could think about is that dudes chest isn't hitting the ground. I don't see his video up anymore so I assume it got thrown out.

I watched a few of the videos just now and Michael Mims ranked 67th in South Central region with a time of 4:41. I got No Reps for launching off the ground like he's doing throughout most of the workout where one foot comes up slightly quicker than the other. I know I had to No Rep a coach a few times while judging. I'm sure there are plenty of those in those fast times.
AgEng06
AG
One of the guys at 4:00 that actually has video still hasn't completed a full-depth squat...

https://games.crossfit.com/review-scores/6cb9e9ce61ad420978eb/video-review

Of course, based on the judging, I'm sure his will get thrown out.
emando2000
AG
Wow, that is bad. I have trouble with getting depth so I have to feel my hams hit my calves. I know this is challenging for me so I mentioned it to my judge before I start. I'm nowhere close to a regional athlete but we do have friendly competition within our coaches.
AgEng06
AG
And yeah, that Mims dude is definitely not jumping off of both feet (especially during his last few rounds).
AgEng06
AG
Another note... Fraser's points lead right now is ridiculous. He's 1st w/ 77 pts and 2nd is at 282 pts.
gambochaman
AG
AgEng06 said:

One of the guys at 4:00 that actually has video still hasn't completed a full-depth squat...

yeah, that was 55 no rep squats

plus he did not have a clock in view
gambochaman
AG
can you post the mims video?
AgEng06
AG
https://games.crossfit.com/review-scores/2368abcb9df4b57c8bcd/video-review
emando2000
AG
gambochaman said:

Michael Mims Video
gambochaman
AG
thanks...stupid leaderboard wont load on this computer so I cant really do much from here
gambochaman
AG
I also don't see full extension at the top of most of his squats
reproag
AG
gambochaman said:

AgEng06 said:

yeah, that was 55 no rep squats

plus he did not have a clock in view

Also athlete not in full view during workout.
reproag
AG
emando2000 said:

gambochaman said:

Michael Mims Video
lots of problems with the way he is doing his burpees, his jump & not being perpendicular to the bar. Also not going to full extinction on his squats. Don't see how it doesn't get at least 15% penalty
The Lost
Picked a great day to tear my hand
Woods Ag
AG
I've been out of commission all week because I redid tht damn workout
gambochaman
AG
legs?

freaking castro is late with his clue
DuckDown2013
AG
Woods Ag said:

HEARD THAT
AgEng06
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

Woods Ag said:

HEARD THAT
Me too, but that's because I had a migraine hit me during my 2nd run on Saturday and I still haven't been able to shake it. I tried to workout on Monday and my head wasn't having it. I've been resting since then, hoping it will go away before Friday.
DuckDown2013
AG
I'm going to be out of town this weekend. Going to be a 1 and done 18.3 for me on Sunday or Monday.
reproag
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

I'm going to be out of town this weekend. Going to be a 1 and done 18.3 for me on Sunday or Monday.
Me too. The wife and I are headed to Lake Hamilton Ar for the The Adam Brown Shamrock Runhttps://www.facebook.com/Adambrownshamrockrun/

Been something I've wanted to do since I read Adam's story in "Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown"
https://www.amazon.com/Fearless-Undaunted-Ultimate-Sacrifice-Operator/dp/0307730700
I will NEVER apologize for being American
gambochaman
AG
i'll be doing it on Friday and depending on how it goes I might find a box in San Antonio to redo it on Monday
gambochaman
AG
looks like two flowers with one under....double unders!
18 USC 3056 Ag
AG
gambochaman said:

i'll be doing it on Friday and depending on how it goes I might find a box in San Antonio to redo it on Monday

If you have to do that, go to Mission CF. I dropped in there while traveling for a week late last year and they were fantastic. Located just north of 410/Broadway. Ask for Drew, he owns the joint.

DU and petals for pedals??!

ETA: Contact name.
Fore warned is fore armed.
emando2000
AG
God help me if they put the assault bike in 18.3
DuckDown2013
AG
I have a hard time thinking they would put the assault bike in the open this year. Although most gyms have them, not everyone does. You have to remember that gyms in small towns all over the world don't have the funds to buy newer equipment like assault bikes and skiergs. Heck, my box only has 2 assault bikes and 0 ski ergs. I'm lobbying hard for a couple ski ergs, I love those things (also hate them).

I could see them featuring the air bike in 2019.

On another note I think the assault airbike might be the single best piece of equipment in a Crossfit gym for general fitness.
When you have 10 minutes, hit a 10 minute Emom of 10 calories at max effort. It will destroy you.
emando2000
AG
I watched our main coach/athlete do it. From rounds 1-5 he was fine... finishing pretty quick. 10 cals isn't much at all. BUT...the last few rounds it was taking him the entire minute. He was basically biking for 3 min straight.

Lol, I saw that & said NOPE!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.