Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2018 CrossFit Open

24,734 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEng06
YourFavAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They both sat on the floor for about 2 minutes after they finished 18.2 at around the 4 minute mark
DuckDown2013
AG
Velner hit 325 and Ohlsen hit 311. Both well under the normal 1 rep maxes.
gambochaman
AG
4 mins hot damn

Well, I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow
Good news is i dont need a lot of time to get to my max lol
DuckDown2013
AG
After looking at the leaderboard, it seems that they will be scored as 2 completely different workouts. So in other words we will have 6 scores in the open instead of 5.
AgEng06
AG
Thoughts on a 1RM % to start with on the cleans?
UpstateAg
AG
According to the announcers, they both started with 60-70% of their 1RM
AgEng06
AG
Thanks
dc509
AG
Ok, if someone could help me understand the scoring. It's two separate scores, but if you don't get a clean does that mean you get a zero for the entire thing? I don't think that will happen to me, but I thought he explained this is a disjointed manner.
AgEng06
AG
If you time cap on the first part (don't complete a clean), you get a zero for the clean part. Your first score still counts.

Assuming you did the first part Rx, you'd still be ranked above anyone that did scaled, regardless of their clean score.

As I understand it...
DuckDown2013
AG
If you don't finish, I think you probably get the amount of reps you got on 18.2 and then would get a 0 for 18.2 a.
Fido2K
I believe your score is based on your highest lift. Your tiebreaker is how fast you complete the first part. So if you and someone both lift 115lbs, and you completed the first part faster, you'd be ranked higher.
The Lost
Did it today and got a 100, i figured finishing was about as good as i could do, itd be awesome if i got one chance at 1 rep of cleans, but i just dont have the cardio with the burpees. Everone cruised through the first 7 rounds, but thats only half way.

The few others that are actually good at our box were finishing with 3-4 minutes left.

At least i don't have to do it again and can enjoy skiing. I think this is one if you're good enough it could be worth doing again. It's not that crazy taxing.
dc509
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

If you don't finish, I think you probably get the amount of reps you got on 18.2 and then would get a 0 for 18.2 a.
You're right. This one is going to be interesting. I don't have my mind around it yet.
DuckDown2013
AG
I think the first part is going to me much harder than most people (including me) are expecting. I have no idea how long this is going to take me.
txaggie05
AG
Yup. You're halfway after you get through the round of 7 reps. Hoping I finish and get one light clean at 135 up to at least get on the board.
emando2000
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

The way I read it is you get no score for 18.2 if you don't finish in the time cap. Your score is the time you finished 18.2 not the number of reps done & a zero for 18.2A.
AgEng06
AG
I checked out the score card...

If you finish 18.2 and complete at least 1 clean on 18.2a, your score will be a time for 18.2 and a weight for 18.2a.

If you finish 18.2 but do not complete at least 1 clean, your score will be a time for 18.2 and a zero for 18.2a.

If you do not finish 18.2 in the time cap, your score is the number of reps you completed in 18.2.
AgEng06
AG
Also, I'll be doing it at 5 am, and couldn't sleep at all last night. (hence the timing of this post)
AgEng06
AG
103 reps Rx. My quads turned to concrete about round 7. It was much harder than I expected.

I'll be doing it again tomorrow. For now, I'm crushed, both mentally and physically.
dc509
AG
5 am... I'm at least 25% worse at everything when I try to workout early.
AgEng06
AG
Ha, yeah, but that's my usual workout time every day.
reproag
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

AgEng06 said:

I also wish they'd weight these heavy lifts as a function of body weight... since I'm a lightweight.

No kidding. I'm 6-2 180...haha. I'm not built for power
I'm 6'2" and 215... I'm not built for burpees lol
AggieChemist
AG
Rounds 9 and 10 sucked more than I expected. I expected to finish around minute 10 and have three good lifts. Instead I was busting my ass to not get time capped. I damn near puked. I was definitely dry heaving a bit between burpees 50-55.

11:45

145 lb clean.

Had planned to hit 145, 165, 185. No time.
gambochaman
AG
6:54
215lbs
Rx
Got under 220 but could not stand it up

It burns. A lot
emando2000
AG
For those that have tested. How many attempts should I expect with the remaining time? Roughly 1 attempt per minute?
gambochaman
AG
Depends on how much time you have left
I got 5 attempts in the 5 mins I had
reproag
AG
As I said before I'm not good a burpees over anything. 11:17.

Hit 185 right away. Friends loaded the bar with 18 sec left and hit 235.
Woods Ag
AG
Hoping for 275.. May do this afternoon but I'm jet lagged as ****
reproag
AG
gambochaman said:

Depends on how much time you have left
I got 5 attempts in the 5 mins I had
This. I got 2 lifts in about 40 sec at weights I've hit before and I was gassed from the burpees.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm beginning to think this might burn a lot more than I think. And that the jelly legs will be real. Anything over body weight and I won't be disappointed.
DuckDown2013
AG
Still don't know what to make of this one. Guess I'm just going to go fast on 18.2 and hope for the best on 18.2a. I'm
Not as strong as I was last year and haven't maxed since I came back off of injury. Should be Entertaining at least!?
reproag
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'm beginning to think this might burn a lot more than I think. And that the jelly legs will be real. Anything over body weight and I won't be disappointed.
It does burn.
emando2000
AG
Gonna test tonight but I just did rounds 1-5 to figure out a burpee pace. I'm gonna have to dial it back a bit. 1:35 but I cannot maintain that pace for the last 80 reps.
dc509
AG
Rx 8:10 and 220 clean. I should have done the cuplet a little differently, but overall I'm happy.
CPAAg
AG
RX 8:13 with a 236 clean. PR on the clean. Had 5 total attempts at the clean.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.