Jeep Wranglers

84,220 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
Street Fighter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RickSawyer said:

Street Fighter said:

She's alive! Looks great! Any more photos?
Furlock Bones
AG
sick dude.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Look like y'all were across from Sprintex!
Street Fighter
AG
Street Fighter
AG
Really like this one.

ILikeTacos
AG

Love that rig.
Kuz89
AG
Street Fighter said:

Dave does build some purty axles.
Furlock Bones
AG
so, i made a deal for some lightly used goodies. wasn't planning on it. but, some times deals happen that can't be passed up.

K Bo
AG
Nice!
easttexasaggie04
AG
I just got back from taking the old '42 MB for a spin. It sure is fun to drive.
ILikeTacos
AG
Furlock Bones said:

so, i made a deal for some lightly used goodies. wasn't planning on it. but, some times deals happen that can't be passed up.

I don't know anything about these new beefed up Dana44's but can they handle all that weight?
Furlock Bones
AG
ILikeTacos said:

Furlock Bones said:

I don't know anything about these new beefed up Dana44's but can they handle all that weight?
i actually didn't buy the tires. just the beadlocks. i'm on 35s right now and will be for a little while.

my Jeep is a Recon edition. only made it this year. comes with a Mopar J8/D44 style axle upfront. much larger upper and lower Cs. in fact, the UD44 now uses the same Cs. axle tubes are also thicker.

should be able to handle 37s as long as i don't hammer the skinny pedal.
tk for tu juan
The JL's abilities almost makes up for the lack of Off-Road Pages

Kuz89
AG
Furlock Bones said:

ILikeTacos said:

Furlock Bones said:

i actually didn't buy the tires. just the beadlocks. i'm on 35s right now and will be for a little while.

my Jeep is a Recon edition. only made it this year. comes with a Mopar J8/D44 style axle upfront. much larger upper and lower Cs. in fact, the UD44 now uses the same Cs. axle tubes are also thicker.

Been running 37's and Slabs on stock Rubi axles with gussets only for 3 years. No problems except I think my unit bearings are done.
Furlock Bones
AG
Kuz89 said:

Furlock Bones said:

ILikeTacos said:

Furlock Bones said:

Been running 37's and Slabs on stock Rubi axles with gussets only for 3 years. No problems except I think my unit bearings are done.
nice.
Street Fighter
AG
Just ordered these, anybody want a set twisted stitch front seats.

Goose
AG
Will they fit a TJ or just one of them new fangled jeeps?
Street Fighter
AG
They'll fit anything, not vehicle specific; they attach to the stock seat rails. Not sure if you'd have to adapt the bracket or not.

Not my seats, but you can kind of see in this pic.
Street Fighter
AG
Still a big fan of this one.

BanderaAg956
I need a 4.0L V6 engine for a 1998 Jeep Wrangler.

If i can't find an engine i'll have a wrangler with a blow engine for sale.
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Kuz89
AG
Trees Ranch this past weekend. Following around a couple of buggies and built up JK's.

The coolest rig was a Comanche that the owner was not afraid to wheel.

Corps_Ag12
AG
Try searching for a 4.0L in-line 6 cyl and you might have better luck.

In all seriousness though, you can probably find on on Craigslist to swap in or you can rebuild it yourself via YouTube and a rebuild kit.
Kuz89
AG
AceAggie05 said:

How do you like your Coopers? I'm hoping to get a lift and new tires on mine soon, and they're on the short list.

Sorry, just saw this. Been great so far, lots of grip on the rocks and great handling on the highway. I actually ran then for about a week after mounting without balancing. Only vibrations were at 75+. They are very similar to the Nitto Trail Grapplers I ran for 3 years. We will see how they wear.
Goose
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Try searching for a 4.0L in-line 6 cyl and you might have better luck.

In all seriousness though, you can probably find on on Craigslist to swap in or you can rebuild it yourself via YouTube and a rebuild kit.

Or look into dropping in one of a variety of other engines. There's probably a conversion kit out there for about every engine that'll fit.
javajaws
AG
Here's mine. She'll be undergoing the knife again later this year for some Metalcloak fenders and 35s (including re-gear..probably to 4.56). I'm just waiting for the 33s to wear out some more.

2016 JKU Mojave Sand, 3.73

Level 8 Tracker Pro 16" rims
285/75/r16 Duratracs (33")
Poison Spyder front bumper
Rock rails off a rubi from craigslist

DIY frankenlift:

JK front disconnects
JK adj trackbar
Artec rear weld-on track bar bracket
Rock Krawler rear sway bar links
Rock Krawler 1.5" springs
Rock Krawler front adj LCAs
Rancho 5000x springs

To go up to 2.5" all I'll have to replace are the springs and shocks.

I put in a whole new stereo, including all new wiring. Currently running headless, but I'll eventually put in a new headunit. For now I jack my phone right into the DSP - I have the DSP volume control mounted to the front of the center console.

MiniDSP c-dsp 6x8, JL XD600/6 on custom mounting plate mounted under passenger seat:

Speaker bar lined with sound deadener, running with Kicker coaxs:

Dash speaker pods lined and filled with custom DIY baffles:

SB Acoustics SB17MFC35-4 6.5":

NVX XSPTW tweeters hot glued onto mounting plate of old tweeters (after some grinding):

Sundown SD-3 10" in DIY downfiring box:

Mounting bracket behind driver's seat. I wanted the sub here because I wanted to retain space in the back and don't usually carry 4 people. Also, I found the sound better here than in the back - especially when the top is off:

Bolted down:

Flush with seat, and other side still folds down:

The sub is powered by a Precision Power P1000.1 amp mounted under the back seat behind the sub.

After individual speaker EQ and tweaking with DSP to hit my desired house curve, measured with UMIK-1 (avg of multiple measurements):

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Anyone want a Cummins 4BT TJ?

I probably would have seriously considered this before I bought my Sahara.

https://amarillo.craigslist.org/cto/d/99-jeep-wrangler-tj-4bt/6533446165.html
SCHTICK00
AG
Thinking about selling my 17 jku Sahara with 3.5" lift on 35s. 6 speed manual with arb front and winch. Also RV ready. With 8k miles, any idea what I should ask? Black btw
TheVarian
AG
I'll take it off your hands. Have an 06' tundra I could trade
SCHTICK00
AG
It's just a spare vehicle that doesn't get used much. Not looking to replace.
Street Fighter
AG

Now, how much hp?
Street Fighter
AG
Tx95Ag
AG
Love the stereo work. Looks awesome. 1000w on your sub? I have 2 of the sd-3 10" subs on 1200w. Sounds like it's time for another upgrade...
suprafly03
AG
Where in East Texas are you?

I feel like I've seen this Jeep, but I know Steve Dement (in Tyler) has a similar rig...

Either way, awesome ride, great personal history with it too!
CATAGBQ04
AG
Street Fighter said:

Now, how much hp?
NOW WE'RE TALKING!

400+...so LS swap?
Street Fighter
AG
CATAGBQ04 said:

Street Fighter said:

Now, how much hp?
NOW WE'RE TALKING!

400+...so LS swap?

The trusty 3.8 is just doesn't handle that rotating mass very well, needs at least a 6.2.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.