Jeep Wranglers

84,237 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
JosephMarcus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Furlock Bones said:

unless you live where it is cold, the JW Speakers or Mopar LEDs have the best beams.
I think Quadratec is now selling a JW Speaker made light that is heated also - so that might help for folks up north.
Furlock Bones
AG
JosephMarcus said:

Furlock Bones said:

unless you live where it is cold, the JW Speakers or Mopar LEDs have the best beams.
I think Quadratec is now selling a JW Speaker made light that is heated also - so that might help for folks up north.

Only thing they were missing.
Ed Torian
Found some pro comps on amazon for $230.
Furlock Bones
AG
Got out to Hidden Falls for a bit today. With all of the rain we had here in the hill country the tracks are super rutted out. 35s just aren't enough. Lol.

CATAGBQ04
AG
Some ease of use mods this weekend

https://instagr.am/p/BuSBWtYgPUD
AgBass01
AG
No kidding, I was out there last weekend and there some places that are pretty bad. Nice looking rig you got there sir!
capn00
AG
Thanks to K Bo among others, I decided to go for the full Supertop NX for the LJ rather than the Trektop. Now that I went through the hassle of installing it in 60 degree weather (supposed to wait for higher temps, but it was sunny and clear so, I went for it), I am very happy with the results.

Ready for Spring and Summer this year.

K Bo
AG
That looks great! Now I miss the LJ.
will.mcg
AG
Anyone have some of those fancy LED round eye looking headlights with the colored, lighted, ring? Do they work well? What sort of harness do they have? I am thinking of retrofitting some into my Scout. It currently has the typical round headlight of the 60s. These new modern lights look like they would fit.
Furlock Bones
AG
will.mcg said:

Anyone have some of those fancy LED round eye looking headlights with the colored, lighted, ring? Do they work well? What sort of harness do they have? I am thinking of retrofitting some into my Scout. It currently has the typical round headlight of the 60s. These new modern lights look like they would fit.
please gawd no.

capn00
AG
Thanks again K Bo!

I think you really did me a favor by posting you pics earlier in the thread, I am really glad I didn't go with the fastback setup. Found a deal on the full frame top and jumped at it.
will.mcg
AG
Haha! At least I didn't ask about the VW Bug eye lashes over the headlights.
K Bo
tmas
AG
Anyone need a new bumper? I took off my LOD and now selling it. It's in good condition and includes the lights.

PPlayboy87
AG
My first car was a 1977 CJ-5 Renegade with 304 V-8, 3 speed manual ****** and heavy duty suspension. . . and now I have a 2001 TJ Sport.

She has: 4.0 liter I-6, 5 speed manual transmission (AX-15), Dana 44 rear from factory.

Current mods: body lift (I want to replace that with a proper suspension lift)
33x10.5 BF Goodrich AT KO2's
15X8 after market wheels
Eaton e-lockers in front and rear
4.10/4.09 ring and pinion
10K Champion winch
Bed Rug throughout
Seat covers
new seat belts
Smittybilt bowless soft top
KC fog lights

I have on order Truck-lite LED replacement headlamps. I'm planning on replacing the bumpers and tire carrier in addition to a proper Currie suspension lift. I may lower the gearing to 4.56 or even 4.88 at some point.

Here are some pics:

PPlayboy87
AG
Well, apparently I don't know how to post pics from Imgur.

Nevermind, I figured it out.
notheranymore
Is this a good option for a hard top lift? [url]https://www.topliftpros.com/[/url] Seems pricey. That said, I don't see the hubs installing/using a pulley system. What are you guys using for hard top removal/storage?
AgBass01
AG
This is the one I have.

Harken Hoister
capn00
AG
AgBass01 said:

This is the one I have.

Harken Hoister
Same here. Not that difficult of an install and it keeps the ground clear around the Jeep.

It has moved with us, and the second install was even easier since I had already marked the mounting lumber I put in the first time.
notheranymore
Thanks!
CATAGBQ04
AG
Ratchet straps work well too
SCHTICK00
AG
I'm selling my 17 Wrangler JKU on 3.5" lift and 35s. It's a manual with appx 10k miles and we don't drive it enough to keep it. What's a reasonable number to ask? I'm not desperate to sell but I also don't need it. Sahara trim on factory 3.73s.
Street Fighter
AG
Somewhere in the range of 27 to 30000
ET1/SS Aggie
AG
Weird electrical gremlin. I have a 2001 TJ and have issues with my battery going dead. I will have just an audible beep when my battery is charged and everything is off. I got fed up and started pulling fuses. It's f24. I have gone through my Haynes schematic and for the life of me can't find f24. I know it is in the radio circuit. Anyone had this issue and know a solution outside of just pulling the fuse all the time?
ChoppinDs40
AG

Just got the CJ-7 out of the shop. What do you guys think?
RickSawyer
AG
I love it!
ChoppinDs40
AG
I did a sacrilegious act and had them swap the carb for an EFI system. No more "cold" days and she'll be ready for altitude!

The decals make me blush like a school girl.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Awesome
K Bo
AG
That's sick!
Street Fighter
AG
Nice one sir
ac04
very nice
PPlayboy87
AG
Very nice!
CATAGBQ04
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

I did a sacrilegious act and had them swap the carb for an EFI system. No more "cold" days and she'll be ready for altitude!

The decals make me blush like a school girl.
Sacrilegious? Hell no...that's a no brainer!
ChoppinDs40
AG
After cruising around all weekend, it made the $3k spent on the EFI well worth it
Scan Man
AG
Finally pulled the trigger on a slightly used JL Unlimited - totally thrilled with the purchase, the family has enjoyed it a ton the past couple of weeks.

Only wrinkle is that I was looking for a soft top, but the one I ended up buying is a hard top. Any suggestions from the forum for a hard top hoist for the garage? I had someone help me take it off yesterday - it's a beast and takes up a ton of room on the ground.

Thanks in advance!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.