Jeep Wranglers

84,229 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
BQRyno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How long has it been now?
Waterski02
AG
I'll have to upload pics soon. 02(Whoop). 5sp 4.0 TJ. Bought her bone stock spring 2017. Now she sits on OME 2.5lift, 32x11.50, Courser MXT, Frameless Softop.

Coming soon 8,8 rear, new gears and lockers.

Coming sooner, more trips to City Market.
Street Fighter
AG
BQRyno said:

How long has it been now?
A year and a half. Just got the brakes in this week, it's technically finished, but needs to stay a little while longer to work out some kinks.

CATAGBQ04
AG
HURRY SO WE CAN GO PLAY JEEP!
Corps_Ag12
AG
I've been a Jeep owner since about a year after I graduated. Granted I've had 3 in those 4 years.

Jeep #1

https://instagr.am/p/1EbTnhkQZu

I sold this 04 Sahara because it was "too nice" to wheel. Bought with 76k, sold with 85k for more than I paid for it.

Jeep 2:

https://instagr.am/p/BJEg_1mAvxj

I think this photo sums up why this Jeep is no longer with me. I wanted out of it so bad because of the amount of issues, I traded it for a side by side and never looked back. The side by side has had no issues so I'm happy with that trade to this day.

Jeep 3:

Currently own this one, chrome taillight guards and grille are already gone. Have a stock bumper for the front that I'm going to cut down to a stubby, going to put a bumper/tire carrier combo on the rear. Steps will come off in favor of sliders. Also planning on a Rubicon Express 4" lift so I'll need to do a SYE and new front driveshaft. The plan is for 35" tires.
capn00
AG
Great thread, and some great vehicles here.

Here we go, purchased our '04 LJ in February 2016 with just shy of 106K on the Odometer. We were still living in CA at the time, and it had spent its entire life in AZ or CA. Very clean outside, inside, and underneath.

Already had a 3" Teraflex lift, front and rear bumpers, and 33x12.5x15 BFG KO's at the time of purchase.

Did a bit of tinkering since purchase:

- replaced the gray worn fender flares the first weekend I owned it
- replaced all fluids, and most engine seals. No more drips or leaks.
- replaced regular TJ Nerf bars (which were 10" short) with ACE Rock Sliders
- upgraded headlights and all interior lights (including dash) to LED
- installed SpyderWebShade for topless cruising
- updated Front LCA to MetalCloak
- changed to MT ATZ P3's in 33x12.5x15
- various other odds and ends (wiper fluid pump replacement, throttle position sensor, etc. etc.)

Couple of Pics from Cali:

After swapping nerf bars out.

Wife, Wife's friend, and little people headed to beach.

Loading up for the trip to PA.

And now, here in PA:

Since the cruising scenery isn't quite as nice here as it was in HB, thinking about getting this thing a little muddy up here. Found a group that frequents Rausch Creek Park, so I am going to take it trail riding in the Spring and go from there. Most likely will spend a few bucks and replace the TF shocks with something a little better.

All in all, very glad we pulled the trigger two years ago.

Street Fighter
AG
HB to PA, the French are hosing you man.
capn00
AG
Street Fighter said:

Long story, but we are happy.
OE_Ag11
AG
Does anyone have any leads on a hard top for an 04 TJ? Looking for a used one with beat up paint so it's not a ton of money. Don't want to do fiberglass work. I was going to repaint myself as well as some accents on the Jeep.
Street Fighter
AG
capn00 said:

Street Fighter said:

Long story, but we are happy.
That's all that matters, we have a few former employees from the sched. center in my office, small world.
LOYAL AG
AG
Right now I'm probably more quantity that quality. Four drivers, three Wranglers.

Jeep 1 - Mine.
  • Red 2008 JKU X.
  • Rhino Liner floors.
  • Smittybilt stubby fenders,
  • 35" Firestone MT's
  • Dick Cepek alloy wheels
  • Smittybilt rear bumper with tire swing
  • Rugged ridge modular from bumper with stinger
  • Smittybilt XRC 9500 lb winch
  • 2" spacer lift
  • Air Assault sticker on left side of hood.

Jeep 2 - LOYAL AG's 19 yo son
  • Silver 2003 TJ Rubicon
  • 2" spacer
  • 33" Firestone MT's
  • No fenders

Jeep 3 - LOYAL AG's 16 yo daughter
  • Khaki 2005 LJ
  • 31" (insert brand here) MT's

Wife has a Cadillac SRX just for those times when a Jeep isn't practical, like the 15 hour road trip to Colorado next month for skiing.
Tx95Ag
AG
I got my first Jeep two years ago. 2016 JKU Sport, manual in white. I've installed:
- a leveling kit
- 33's
- Nfab nerf bars
- Homelink
- Pioneer 4200NEX
- Polk DB6502 speakers
- Alpine PDX-F6 Amp
- 2 Sundown SD-3 10" subs
- Alpine MRV-M1200 Amp

I made the stupid mistake of getting the 3.21 gears. Need to re-gear badly, but would prefer to find some Rubicon take off axles cheap(ish). Wish an upgrade to ton's and 38's was cheap, but I really have no need for them as all I ever run in is sand.

Just purchased a 2018 JKU Rubicon, manual for my wife. It's chief blue, with 4.10 gears. I love everything about that jeep, except the fact that I never get to drive it. I've installed:
- Nfab nerf bars
- Homelink
- Kicker speakers
- Alpine KTP-445U Amp
- Sundown SD-3 8" sub
- RF PBR500x1 Amp

Planning to lift 2.5" and add 35's in the future.

My 15 year old initially hated my jeep, but now she's telling me that's what she wants. So...

MaroonTxAg03
AG
If you don't mind me asking what is a ballpark cost on the supercharger?

I'm in SoCal and my JKU struggles like hell with the hills out here. Being my DD everyone the 60 mike one way commute it's starting to wear on me.
Street Fighter
AG
Tx95Ag said:

I got my first Jeep two years ago. 2016 JKU Sport, manual in white. I've installed:
- a leveling kit
- 33's
- Nfab nerf bars
- Homelink
- Pioneer 4200NEX
- Polk DB6502 speakers
- Alpine PDX-F6 Amp
- Alpine MRV-M1200 Amp

I made the stupid mistake of getting the 3.21 gears. Need to re-gear badly, but would prefer to find some Rubicon take off axles cheap(ish). Wish an upgrade to ton's and 38's was cheap, but I really have no need for them as all I ever run in is sand.

Just purchased a 2018 JKU Rubicon, manual for my wife. It's chief blue, with 4.10 gears. I love everything about that jeep, except the fact that I never get to drive it. I've installed:
- Nfab nerf bars
- Homelink
- Kicker speakers
- Alpine KTP-445U Amp
- Sundown SD-3 8" sub
- RF PBR500x1 Amp

Planning to lift 2.5" and add 35's in the future.

My 15 year old initially hated my jeep, but now she's telling me that's what she wants. So...

You want to work trade out for a rock trac tcase in like a month or so? 0 miles on the rock trac case, asking for a friend.
tmas
AG
Tx95Ag said:

- a leveling kit
- 33's
- Nfab nerf bars
- Homelink
- Pioneer 4200NEX
- Polk DB6502 speakers
- Alpine PDX-F6 Amp
- Alpine MRV-M1200 Amp

Same setup except mine is black (and I didn't upgrade the stereo) and I'm in the same boat with the 3.21. Need to figure out what to do. Might start looking to see if someone upgrades right off the lot and I can get a cheap pair of factory axles with little to no miles.
Furlock Bones
AG

2017 JKUR Recon 6 MT
Installed
Motobilt Front Bumper
Evo MFG Rear Bumper
Currie control arms: Front lower and rear upper
Synergy 3 inch shocks
Evo spec King 2.5 shocks
Flipped Drag link using Crown RHD drag link and synergy bushing. (much easier than I thought and better handling)
Synergy Rear track bar bracket
SteerSmarts front track bar bracket
Evo HD end links
Warn Zeon Platinum 10S winch
Rigid D2 lights on bumper
Yoko Geo M/T G003 35x12.5R17
Synergy spacers 1.5"

Waiting to be installed
Adams 1310 driveshaft
Crawltek offroad rocker guards
VKS prerunner rock rails
Evo corners
Evo tire carrier
Tx95Ag
AG
I don't really have a need for the transfer case since I really don't plan to do any rock crawling.

Not that i have spent a lot of time looking, but take off rubicon axles don't seem to be real easy to find nor are they all that cheap. At least not relative to my priorities.
Noblemen06
AG
Love the Recon Rubicons...came from the factory ready for gnarly trails. Almost pulled the trigger on one to replace my '13 JKU Sport. Nice build!
Furlock Bones
AG
Noblemen06 said:

Love the Recon Rubicons...came from the factory ready for gnarly trails. Almost pulled the trigger on one to replace my '13 JKU Sport. Nice build!
yep. it's kind of crazy that threw in an upgraded axle for 1 single year. bigger tubes. much biggers C's. in fact Dana redid the Cs on their Ultimate 44 after this was released.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Put a factory bumper I got off Craigslist and my winch on the wrangler today. Starting to look a lot more like a Jeep.

AceAggie05
AG
How do you like your Coopers? I'm hoping to get a lift and new tires on mine soon, and they're on the short list.
Furlock Bones
AG
AceAggie05 said:

How do you like your Coopers? I'm hoping to get a lift and new tires on mine soon, and they're on the short list.
the STT Pros are getting rave reviews for both on and off road performance.
reddog90
AG
OregonAggie said:

lawless89 said:

Okay am I the only one on here without a Jeep??

Nah. I'm just here to admire the thread!

X3
TheVarian
AG
reddog90 said:

OregonAggie said:

lawless89 said:

Okay am I the only one on here without a Jeep??

Nah. I'm just here to admire the thread!

X3

Make that a 4th
Jmdh

I did a few things to make mine mine. Great for trips to the mall!
Furlock Bones
AG
Gecko Green. my 2 door was Gecko. miss that color. one of the best.
Kuz89
AG
Trip to Wolf Caves in Mason this past weekend. I'd heard some good things about this place but it exceeded my expectations completely. I was trying to keep up with 3 other rigs running 40's(I think I can do that too...).

Time for a new rear drive shaft....

ILikeTacos
AG
From everything I have heard, they seem to be a bit better organized and put together than the Krause's and K2? Thanks for the pics.
Street Fighter
AG
Wolf Caves will most likely be where I do the shake down run on my POS.
Kuz89
AG
ILikeTacos said:

From everything I have heard, they seem to be a bit better organized and put together than the Krause's and K2? Thanks for the pics.
I have not been to K2 but they share a fence line so I assume the obstacles are similar. Wolf Caves has fairly well marked trails but you can go pretty much anywhere. See something you like, point at it and go.

Kuz89
AG
Street Fighter said:

Wolf Caves will most likely be where U do the shake down run on my POS.
You want ME to do the shakedown on your rig when it's finished? I'd LOVE to!
ILikeTacos
AG
I am running down to K2 and Wolf Caves in March and will report back.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Street Fighter said:

Wolf Caves will most likely be where I do the shake down run on my POS.
Street Fighter
AG
RickSawyer
AG
Street Fighter said:

She's alive! Looks great! Any more photos?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.