Jeep Wranglers

82,956 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
jd_05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If anyone is planning on going to PBR, registration closes Dec 31st.
OE_Ag11
AG
Has anyone replaced their ac compressor? Looks like it shouldn't be to hard, can just pull the belt, then unbolt the compressor and drop it out the bottom. Is that about it or is it much harder than that. Also couldn't find anything where I would need any special tools.

This is for an 04 TJ
Furlock Bones
AG
jd_05 said:

If anyone is planning on going to PBR, registration closes Dec 31st.
I haven't registered. but, i probably will this week.

you can text me at - five 1 two. 5 one 8 four 2 6 three always like meeting others.
Street Fighter
AG
Anyone in the market for a rear Rock Jock 60, 5.13 gears, ARB locker, new seals etc....?
Lynch
JL guys my parts are still for sale!
Street Fighter
AG

Furlock Bones
AG
Street Fighter said:

Did you just get that? Drool.
Street Fighter
AG
Had to, the Currie 60 really isn't strong enough for the motor if I ever jam the peddle down.
Furlock Bones
AG
Street Fighter said:

Had to, the Currie 60 really isn't strong enough for the motor if I ever jam the peddle down.

What are you going to run upfront?
Street Fighter
AG
The same 60 I already have for now. Will build a clone of the rear in front eventually.
Kuz89
AG
What driveshafts will you be running, 1350s? I spun my rear 1350 DS in two on Mr. Ugly in Palo Duro this summer. Wondering where to go next..
Furlock Bones
AG
Street Fighter said:

The same 60 I already have for now. Will build a clone of the rear in front eventually.

I was under the impression that 9/10 inch didn't have the same gear ratios available that Danas do.
Street Fighter
AG
It'll be 5.14, Dave says it'll be within the tolerance of the 5.13 upfront.
Furlock Bones
AG
Kuz89 said:

What driveshafts will you be running, 1350s? I spun my rear 1350 DS in two on Mr. Ugly in Palo Duro this summer. Wondering where to go next..

Who made it? One reason I like Adams. If something happens, you call them up and they get your replacement in the mail fast. Driveshafts are going to fail if you are playing in the rocks enough.
Kuz89
AG
It was an Adams. Yes, great company and the group of JK's I wheel with regularly ( V8's, D60 and 40's) all run them. I don't think it was the driveshaft as much as the Hemi torque, the obstacle and the Nittos hooking up and the DS was the first to go. Luckily someone in the group had a spare and I was back on the trail at the end of the day.

Hopefully it was a fluke and on time thing. Assuming you will be running a 1350 then?

Not sure how to embed or link reals..
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjbiCO1jiJS/
big ben
AG
Anyone daily their wranglers? I am assuming with lift and larger tires they are sluggish, noisy, etc. but thats probably to be expected.
Lynch
I daily'd two lifted JLUs for 4 years. No problems. Just buy a lift from a reputable group and don't tack on a bunch of parts that don't work together on it. Mileage does suffer but you don't buy a Jeep for mileage.

Edit dailying my Jls we're way better than dailying my old Jk.
big ben
AG
Don't care about MPG really (company gas card), just looking for a fun daily when I retire my silverado to weekend duties. No kids, never haul during the week much, if i do i have the truck, just weighing many options, wranglers sports cars etc.

Sorry to derail thread
Kuz89
AG
Daily driver since 2013 (190K). If you modify with a lift and bigger tires the key is a well built kit or shop that can keep your suspension and steering correct. Stay on top of the maintenance. My JK needed/needs quite a bit of work mainly die to how I wheel it. The newer JLs appear to be an improvement but only time will tell.

AgBass01
AG
I am not going to make PBR this year. I want to but it is same weekend as my daughter's musical theater performances.

As far as daily drive, I am in a '12 JKU with 3.5" lift and 35s. I have 4.56 gears and I average around 15-16 MPG up and down the toll road to and from work.... unless I go 80-85.... yes it will do it lol.

It is not sluggish but can be a little noisy even with the hard top on. Wife complains all the time about how noisy it is when she calls me and I am on blue tooth.

I have Clayton overland plus adjustable control arms, fox 2.0 shocks, PSC large bore box, PSC high flow pump and barnes 4wd 1 ton aluminum tie rod and drag link.
Street Fighter
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Street Fighter said:

What are you going to run upfront?

Welp, I couldn't keep my wallet in my pocket and pushed forward with the front as well. It needed to be done!
'03ag
Looking for a manual TJ with the 4.0 as a 3rd car. Mostly for top down fun with the kids on nice days. and for the wife to make frappucinno runs while blasting 90s hip hop. Might occasionally try to get it dirty.

Would prefer a rubicon but not a necessity. Would actually prefer an LJ but seem really hard to find

Wonder what I should be looking for besides the obvious. Rust, leaking oil/driveline seals etc. I have very little time in jeeps, and only in a JL, so I don't have a good frame of reference for how they should drive/feel.

I'd like a good one of course, but the 4.0 has a good reputation and I'm confident I could rebuild it in my garage if needed. Mostly concerned with everything else.
Corps_Ag12
AG
The TJ/LJ is going to feel very utilitarian compared to a JL.

I've toyed with the idea of selling my LJ but every time I think about I realize I'll just end up buying another Jeep a few months later. Hard to beat the doors & off top down feeling when the weather is great.
'03ag
yeah we really need to drive one to be sure. and by we I mean the wife so she'll sign off on the experience. but to me, more utilitarian is a feature. Expecially in a weekend car. all it needs is a head unit with bluetooth and some good speakers

I could be talked into a JK, and the wife thinks she'd rather have 4 doors. So if the TJ is torture to drive she'll dig in for sure. I guess we really need to drive both. JKs in budget have a lot of miles, and I'm more comfortable with a high mileage 4.0 than a high mileage pentastar. Although I'm sure I could could handle fixing anything under the valve cover myself, I don't want to. TJs are also easier to find in a manual.
Magnolia_State_Ag
First Jeep I've ever owned ('23 JLR XR) and am absolutely in love. Daily drove now for about 3 months. I was worried I would miss not having a truck but have no regrets.

Corps_Ag12
AG
'03ag said:

yeah we really need to drive one to be sure. and by we I mean the wife so she'll sign off on the experience. but to me, more utilitarian is a feature. Expecially in a weekend car. all it needs is a head unit with bluetooth and some good speakers

I could be talked into a JK, and the wife thinks she'd rather have 4 doors. So if the TJ is torture to drive she'll dig in for sure. I guess we really need to drive both. JKs in budget have a lot of miles, and I'm more comfortable with a high mileage 4.0 than a high mileage pentastar. Although I'm sure I could could handle fixing anything under the valve cover myself, I don't want to. TJs are also easier to find in a manual.

Honestly if that's all that's important then you might even consider a YJ. Might ride a bit rougher with leaf springs vs coils, and YJ's get a bad rep for square headlights lol
EskimoJoe
Corps_Ag12 said:

'03ag said:

Honestly if that's all that's important then you might even consider a YJ. Might ride a bit rougher with leaf springs vs coils, and YJ's get a bad rep for square headlights lol

Speaking from experience....the YJ will be fun, especially if your wife and /or her freinds have big boobies.
Street Fighter
AG
EskimoJoe said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

'03ag said:

Speaking from experience....the YJ will be fun, especially if your wife and /or her freinds have big boobies.
My old YJ had broken seat brackets to amplify that effect!
Furlock Bones
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

'03ag said:

even leaf springs can be made to ride pretty well these days with the right shocks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.