Jeep Wranglers

84,271 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
longeryak said:

Jalopnik is reporting April Wrangler sales were only 72 units short of matching Camry sales. That's crazy.

https://jalopnik.com/holy-crap-the-jeep-wrangler-is-nearly-outselling-the-to-1825738359
The black 4 door wrangler has dethroned the white honda accord as most anonymous vehicle on the road. even the ones with stupid **** all over them blend together

Couldn't tell if that includes worldwide sales. I would expect them to have a huge increase globally as the aging defender fleets are being replaced by the only solid axle option available.

Street Fighter
AG
The Chinese light bar market is pleased by this news.
MouthBQ98
AG
And yet virtually all of their competitors have fled the market.

WTF?!?
longeryak
robertf03 said:

Couldn't tell if that includes worldwide sales. I would expect them to have a huge increase globally as the aging defender fleets are being replaced by the only solid axle option available.

US only.
longeryak
MouthBQ98 said:

WTF?!?
Those kind of sales numbers should be firing up Ford for the Bronco redo and Toyota over the rumored next FJ.

Hey Chevy, how about a modern Blazer?
longeryak
MouthBQ98 said:

WTF?!?
Some of this is demographics changes. The midlife crisis buyer is no longer buying a Harley with how much later life families get started. They still have kids at home when that open road bug hits. Want wind in your face and need to take the spouse, kids, and dog with you? Wrangler is the only 5 seat convertible I can think of plus it has room in the back for the dog. They also have the largest aftermarket parts/accessories selection of any vehicle so you can make your Wrangler, yours.
MouthBQ98
AG
Agreed. So why aren't others competing for some of that market? Keeps are cool, but they are a Chrysler product still. I'd like to see what competitors could offer, but they all pussed out.
Corps_Ag12
AG
This may be why ford is bringing back the bronco. Possibly a 4 door variant? I mean dodge put 4 doors on the charger.
bam02
AG
A viable competitor needs to have a removable top and maybe even removable doors. I know that 95% of the time most Jeep buyers have doors and tops on, but I think the option is what appeals to many. Just like the option (or idea, actually) of offloading appeals to so many Jeep buyers who never actually go off road. I would love to see a real competitor.
Street Fighter
AG
I don't think it will need removable doors or a fully removable top to be competitive with the wrangler, just the rear would be fine. If Ford doesn't F it up, the purists will flock to it along with the metros looking to boost their appearance of being rugged and stuff.
ILikeTacos
AG
Welp, time to bump this thread. On Saturday I picked this up, 2018 JL Rubicon, put 250 miles on it yesterday because the kiddos didn't want to get out. Time to start researching mods I guess lol.

Wife loves all of the red accents, make momma happy I say!

Street Fighter
AG
Jeep is begging to lose the 3.8.

ag09
AG
What's the deal with that blue Wrangler in the background? Yikes.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Street Fighter said:

Street Fighter
AG
CATAGBQ04 said:

Street Fighter said:

Its on the way lol
Street Fighter
AG
CATAGBQ04 said:

Street Fighter said:

J

And here she is.

K Bo
Ag for Life
AG
That will do!
RynoAg
AG
v
TexAgGrad19
AG
Traded in my 2017 Z71 Silverado for my fourth Jeep. JLU Rubicon 6 speed M/T on a 2" Mopar lift/Fox shocks, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and 17" Fuel wheels. Next step will be new bumpers and a winch.

Prune Tracy
Damn nice Jeep. How's the manual? Compared to a JK?
TexAgGrad19
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

Damn nice Jeep. How's the manual? Compared to a JK?
Thanks. It's 10x better than the manual I had in my JK. Really smooth, you would almost have to try to stall.
Kuz89
AG
NM - FAIL!
Kuz89
AG
Anyone running DIY hydro assist on their Jeeps? I pick up a PSC cylinder and stock stearing box for cheap. Sending the box to WTO for porting to pair with the cylinder. I'm going to try with the stock power steering pump for now and upgrade later if needed. I was wondering if anyone else has gone down this path.
Street Fighter
AG
Kuz89 said:

Anyone running DIY hydro assist on their Jeeps? I pick up a PSC cylinder and stock stearing box for cheap. Sending the box to WTO for porting to pair with the cylinder. I'm going to try with the stock power steering pump for now and upgrade later if needed. I was wondering if anyone else has gone down this path.
That's exactly what I did, but replace the pump, the PSC unit will serve you much better.
JB
AG
full hydro or gtfo
K Bo
AG
That is so sick I wish I hadn't seen it.
TexAgGrad19
AG
K Bo said:

That is so sick I wish I hadn't seen it.
Haha thanks, its a build in progress.
Ronnie Mund
thirty-two
Street Fighter
AG
Only update is having the hard top Line Xd, engine just shipped and have the parts to convert to a full float rear axle.

Ronyaria
Hi there, guys! I have just bought a 1999 Wrangler for me, and I need to work on its suspension now. Can you recommend me some good shocks and bushings to get? I am also looking for a place where I can buy some auto parts online. I would appreciate any input from you here, thank you!
Street Fighter
AG
Ronyaria said:

Hi there, guys! I have just bought a 1999 Wrangler for me, and I need to work on its suspension now. Can you recommend me some good shocks and bushings to get?

That's too vague a question; need to know what kind of suspension set up it has...stock, lifted, tire size etc...
AgBass01
AG
I'm looking at an '05 LJ with just under 100k miles, 6 cyl, auto, hardtop. They are asking 14k, KBB says 10-11k but I know it is going to draw a little more since it is an LJ. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? I don't want to low ball him but was considering making an offer around 12k.
Corps_Ag12
AG
AgBass01 said:

I'm looking at an '05 LJ with just under 100k miles, 6 cyl, auto, hardtop. They are asking 14k, KBB says 10-11k but I know it is going to draw a little more since it is an LJ. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? I don't want to low ball him but was considering making an offer around 12k.

That sounds like a heck of a good deal at $14k barring any issues with mechanic inspection and carfax report, especially with a hardtop. How long has it been up? I think you'd be safe at 12k offer, just keep in mind they probably won't budge. If I was selling that I'd list it for $16k.

For instance, K Bo listed his on CL at $20k with 70k miles, but it is a manual which seem to garner more attention. He will probably get at least $17k from a Jeep enthusiast.

I sold my 04 TJ with 85k miles for $14.5k about 2 years ago for reference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.