Jeep Wranglers

84,234 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
some cleaned up pics:

Flaith
AG
those wheels are bad ass
ac04
interested in a barnwell trip. that place is fun.
Furlock Bones
AG
i'm interested in a Barnwell trip as well.

Furlock Bones
AG
great choice on those wheels.
Flaith
AG
ac04 said:

interested in a barnwell trip. that place is fun.
HEY LOOK EVERYONE NERDS FROM THE INTERNET HANGING OUT IRL
K Bo
AG
gracias!
Street Fighter
AG
Hope it rains so ya'lls vids will be more entertaining.
RickSawyer
AG
Flaith said:

those wheels are bad ass

Agreed. I have the same ones on my raptor. I love them.
Furlock Bones
AG
well, i learned i'll be staying at 35s for a long while. spent 45 minutes installing, reinstalling, swapping out 2 different car seats in the Jeep.
ILikeTacos
AG
Street Fighter said:

Hope it rains so ya'lls vids will be more entertaining.
I don't wish rainy barnwell on anyone. I still have jackets stained orange 10 years later...
Tx95Ag
AG
Furlock Bones said:

well, i learned i'll be staying at 35s for a long while. spent 45 minutes installing, reinstalling, swapping out 2 different car seats in the Jeep.
Kids! They are why I'm on 33's with a leveling kit.
agdoc2001
AG
37s. Teach them to jump.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RynoAg
AG
Sweet rig KBo!
Furlock Bones
AG
agdoc2001 said:

37s. Teach them to jump.

More like I'll be jumping and tossing the baby in.
K Bo
AG
Thanks, Ryno!
CATAGBQ04
AG
Yes, but my work one is better.

rholloway at mustangcat dot com
ILikeTacos
AG
Furlock Bones said:

agdoc2001 said:

37s. Teach them to jump.

More like I'll be jumping and tossing the baby in.
This is what I do with the 37's on mine.
Tx95Ag
AG
Y'all that's got little peope... My oldest is a year from college. I'm saving as fast as I can.

So my daughter is driving a stock 89 YJ and I have a 16 JKU. She has just told me she wants to learn to drive stick so we can trade. I'm thinking a YJ on 35's with LS 3 would be infinitely more awesome than a JKU on 33's with a leveling kit. What y'all think?
Corps_Ag12
AG
I just support you spending money on jeeps, no matter what you get
Corps_Ag12
AG
Furlock Bones said:

i'm interested in a Barnwell trip as well.

Also in for a trip since it's (kind of) close to DFW if I can work it in around work and all the other **** in life.
notheranymore
First?
Scan Man
AG
Long time lurker on this thread - I've wanted a Jeep forever and finally convinced the wife to pull the trigger. We're looking to get an unlimited in the next month or two as a weekend car (not a daily driver).

Does anyone have a contact in the Houston area (we're in Spring), or suggestion of a dealership they've had good luck with? Any pieces of advice? Looking at the JL Unlimited with a soft-top - I'd prefer the Sahara (love the look with those LED's in the front), but will likely go with the Sport or Sport S.

Thanks in advance!
Furlock Bones
AG
going in for gears next week.
K Bo
AG
What are you going with?
Furlock Bones
AG
K Bo said:

What are you going with?

5.13. I'll be over geared while on 35s but will be perfect when I inevitably bump to 37s.
pdtnation
AG
I ended up buying from Autonation in North Ft Worth and driving up from Houston. I kept messing around on Cargurus until the right one popped up. I ended up with a 2018 JK though just because the deal was unbeatable. I weighed the fun factors and figured the softtop JKU was going to give me the same smiles at the end of the day as the JLU.
Ed Torian
Does anybody have any headlight recommendations? I'm personally not a fan of the unadjusted bright LED's that seem to be on every angry eyed Heep in Houston, but I'm sure anything would be better than the sh*tty stock ones.
K Bo
AG
I liked the Trucklite LED headlights I had on the LJ. They're my only experience, though (besides the stock LEDs on the JL)

Also, Trucklite had really good customer service when I had an issue with one of the headlights.
JosephMarcus
Scan Man said:

Long time lurker on this thread - I've wanted a Jeep forever and finally convinced the wife to pull the trigger. We're looking to get an unlimited in the next month or two as a weekend car (not a daily driver).

Does anyone have a contact in the Houston area (we're in Spring), or suggestion of a dealership they've had good luck with? Any pieces of advice? Looking at the JL Unlimited with a soft-top - I'd prefer the Sahara (love the look with those LED's in the front), but will likely go with the Sport or Sport S.

Thanks in advance!
I bought mine from Demontrond in Conroe. great folks to work it. Bubba Robinson helped me out, but not sure if he is still there or not.
JosephMarcus
Ed Torian said:

Does anybody have any headlight recommendations? I'm personally not a fan of the unadjusted bright LED's that seem to be on every angry eyed Heep in Houston, but I'm sure anything would be better than the sh*tty stock ones.
I had the Trucklites for a while. they are plenty bright and a great improvement over stock. also, a pretty good price point. I recently swapped them out for JW Speaker ones and I really don't notice them being any brighter. the beam on the JW is more focused and cleaner edges though.
K Bo
AG
This is a good point. Since I've had the JL I notice the beam is as you described, more focused and cleaner at the edges. The Trucklites were just bright but were more than good enough for the amount if dark driving I did.
Furlock Bones
AG
unless you live where it is cold, the JW Speakers or Mopar LEDs have the best beams.
CATAGBQ04
CATAGBQ04
AG
See my previous JW speaker post.

Been on a road trip with them...still need to adjust them up a hair...but the brights are almost as good as my light bar.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.