Jeep Wranglers

84,264 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
Kuz89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've since sold my hard top but the rancor lift worked well for me.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Buddy of mine built one from YouTube videos. Looked fairly straight forward. A bunch of small pulleys
KRamp90
AG
Bump.

I'm looking for an inexpensive daily driver. Around $6K. Manual and 4cyinder are fine.
Not having a ton of luck on Craigslist and such. I'm in Austin, but will travel within reason.
Any suggestions?
ac04
i'm not sure you can find a $6k jeep that would be suitable for daily driving.
KRamp90
AG
That's a little discouraging...
JB
AG
You can certainly find 4cyl TJs around $6k. And if you stay on top of Craigslist, you can find the 4.0 for close to that.

I just sold a fairly clean 97 with the 4.0 and manual for $6800. Took months to sell too.

KRamp90
AG
Less discouraging!
KRamp90
AG
Ended up with a 99 TJ, with a gazillion miles. Boy is it fun!
K Bo
AG
Did you drop off the roll of film at Fox Photo this weekend and are waiting for the developed pictures? Where are the pictures, man?!?
KRamp90
AG
I'm an olds. No email to the phone, and no social medial accounts. Maybe I can figure something out.
aggiedata
AG
KRamp90 said:

I'm an olds. No email to the phone, and no social medial accounts. Maybe I can figure something out.

KRamp90
AG
I'll get the boy to post pics tonight...
aggiedata
AG
KRamp90 said:

I'll get the boy to post pics tonight...

Sorry I had to post that, especially since I'm older than you are. (Unless 90 means your age not class year).
K Bo
AG
I was just messing. All that stuff is a time taken away from your Jeep, anyhow. Congrats!
KRamp90
AG
Yes it's my class year.
Just finished changing the oil. I'll find a way to post a pic, because I know I'll need the Jeep knowledge ya 'll have.
Street Fighter
AG
Anyone looking for a Pentastar fan? Got a new one I'll make a deal on.
OE_Ag11
AG
What soft top would yall recommend for a TJ? Storm ripped mine so needs to be replaced
ac04
bestop
OE_Ag11
AG
is the twill worth it. in-between these two, but there is quite a price difference.

Bestop 54820-17 Supertop NX Black Twill Soft Top

or just the standard one, in the black diamond material

Bestop Supertop NX Soft Top
ac04
general consensus on wranglerforum is that the twill is worth it. blacker, fades less, quieter, holds temp better etc. just much higher quality fabric.
Kuz89
AG
OE_Ag11 said:

is the twill worth it. in-between these two, but there is quite a price difference.

Bestop 54820-17 Supertop NX Black Twill Soft Top

or just the standard one, in the black diamond material

Bestop Supertop NX Soft Top

Spring for the Soft Twill if you can swing it, it's much quieter. I just upgraded to the TrekTop Pro after running a TrekTop NX in Black Diamond for 4 years. The black diamond material is much thinner and can become pretty loose and flappy in summer month. The back window on my top old top would become very loose during the summer. Black Twill also has a lifetime warranty vs 5 years for diamond.
JosephMarcus
where have you guys been listing wranglers for sale? what sites besides craigslist? I'm thinking about selling my 2015 Rubicon JKU.
AgBass01
AG
JosephMarcus said:

where have you guys been listing wranglers for sale? what sites besides craigslist? I'm thinking about selling my 2015 Rubicon JKU.
There are quite a few Facebook groups for all things jeep related. I see a lot of them on there for sale.
JosephMarcus
AgBass01 said:

JosephMarcus said:

There are quite a few Facebook groups for all things jeep related. I see a lot of them on there for sale.
was trying to avoid going over to FB brah-land, but I guess that's the nature of the beast these days. I'll give it a try.
agdoc2001
AG
JosephMarcus said:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/jeeps-for-sale-lease.58/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/market/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Furlock Bones
AG
if anybody has a Rubicon and wants to upgrade the diff covers, i've got a pair for sale.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3039332
tk for tu juan
For the Jeep pros on Texags, if you had to guess what is wrong with this Jeep on Copart that is listed with primary damage to the side, what do you think it could be? Does it look like it has a slight dog tracking of the rear axle?

https://www.copart.com/lot/41496829
Corps_Ag12
AG
Finally got a majority of the lift installed and sitting on its own weight!

BanderaAg956
Looking for a used engine for a 1998 TJ Wrangler, 4.0, 6 cylinder, 5 speed, standard .... old engine through a rod!

In Bandera, sinking tons of money into motorcycles so don't want to put the cash into a new engine. Hunting Jeep needs a paint job!

CATAGBQ04
AG
drevans956 said:

Looking for a used engine for a 1998 TJ Wrangler, 4.0, 6 cylinder, 5 speed, standard .... old engine through a rod!

In Bandera, sinking tons of money into motorcycles so don't want to put the cash into a new engine. Hunting Jeep needs a paint job!

My buddy has a 200K mile short block that was running...$100 and it's your's.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Having my hard top bed-linered on the outside and Lizard Skinned on the inside.

Also pulled all carpets and my rear seat and having tub Lizard Skinned and bed lined.

Furlock Bones
AG
what is lizard skin?
CATAGBQ04
AG
Furlock Bones said:

what is lizard skin?
Bro, you even google bro?

Hopefully will make the inside of the Jeep like a tomb!

Furlock Bones
AG
CATAGBQ04 said:

Furlock Bones said:

what is lizard skin?

i guess i don't understand this part.

Quote:

having tub Lizard Skinned and bed lined.
so, you're going to lay lizard skin and bed liner over the same area? does that mean lizard skin doesn't offer protection?
CATAGBQ04
AG
Furlock Bones said:

CATAGBQ04 said:

Furlock Bones said:

what is lizard skin?

i guess i don't understand this part.

Quote:

having tub Lizard Skinned and bed lined.
so, you're going to lay lizard skin and bed liner over the same area? does that mean lizard skin doesn't offer protection?
The lizard skin heat/sound stuff is technically not a bedliner.

They have a 3rd product that coats the other two and acts like bedliner.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.