Houston
Sponsored by

2017 DisAstros thread

233,751 Views | 1970 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Makes sense. I just never noticed it in the other road games I guess
The Wonderer
AG
If McCann goes out, then they won't because they'll discuss the pitches at the mound. You'll see him do the head nod showing that he's ready. That's pretty much the same as him throwing the pitch signal to enter the windup.
bkag9824
AG
lb sand
AG
"Dilly DIlly" might be the "whazzzzz uppp" of 2017, but Balas de Plata or GTFO.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
What was the story with the dude in the bullpen? It was reminiscent of when the father and son jumped our right fielder back in the day.
David_Puddy
AG
I think the important thing is the monkey is now off of our back. Finally won a WS game, now go out and get 3 more
Liquid Wrench
From a partial video, kinda looked like he was getting into it with other fans in the stands and hopped the rail to try to leave. May not have thought that one through.
GoAgs92
AG
Thank You Dave Roberts for screwing the pooch and pulling Rich Hill way too early...haha...dummy.

I know it worked all season, but the world series ain't all season.
Bryan98
AG
ChiliBeans said:

From a partial video, kinda looked like he was getting into it with other fans in the stands and hopped the rail to try to leave. May not have thought that one through.
This is how it looked to me as well. Going out on a limb, alcohol was probably involved.
Bondag
AG
Security was already right there when he jumped so he may have been avoiding them.
yestoast
Apparently guy who recorded it said fan was smoking a joint and told by security to put it out. When he didn't and was going to be removed from the game he figured going through the Astros' pen was the best escape route...

Presumably because weed + alcohol = sound decision making ability.

https://twitter.com/Hershel/status/923395085563129856/video/1
MelvinUdall
yestoast said:

Apparently guy who recorded it said fan was smoking a joint and told by security to put it out. When he didn't and was going to be removed from the game he figured going through the Astros' pen was the best escape route...

Presumably because weed + alcohol = sound decision making ability.

https://twitter.com/Hershel/status/923395085563129856/video/1

I made that decision of weed a booze a few times in my life, never seemed to work out all that well, glad to see it is undefeated.
David_Puddy
AG
I mean jeez....give up a $20 joint or get tossed from a WS game where those seats probably went for about $1,500? That's a tough one there.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I have a dilemma with who I should to take to the Sunday game. Bro or ho?

David_Puddy
sts7049
AG
is your bro gonna give you celebratory road head on the way home after the win?
texpert68
AG
Lol. Yup, cuz thats a guarantee from the other!

To me, you take the bro. Unless she's your gf and legitimately enjoys sports and follows along during the season.
Liquid Wrench
I've starred several of your posts over the years. Just sayin'.
swimmerbabe11
Well, if she's a hoe....
GoAgs92
AG
give her some baseball tests...

for example, my wife was calling "extra innings" by the phrase "overtime"...which would instantly disqualify her from tickets.

swimmerbabe11
Take whichever can come close to targeting where a ball will drop and won't OMG HOMERUN for a shallow fly out.

Those people are the worst.

Also, if you are at a really dumb angle and they'll argue every single ball/strike, then they are also disqualified.
Liquid Wrench
spadilly
S
AJ holding it down.

http://amp.tmz.com/2017/10/26/astros-a-j-hinch-hotel-bar-fight-police

Quote:

The World Series hasn't just been a slugfest on the field ... Houston Astros manager A.J. Hinch was involved in a heated altercation after Game 1 and cops were called ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Here's what we know ... Hinch was hanging out at the bar at the team hotel in Pasadena on Tuesday night after Houston lost Game 1 to the Dodgers.

We're told he was having some drinks -- when some hotel guests came in and started talking trash about the Astros.

Sources say Hinch "snapped" and unleashed on the other patrons -- cursing and yelling in the middle of the bar. One witness tells us the incident turned physical and cops were called to separate the two parties.
AgLA06
AG
Hell, I'd like him more if that were true. So far he's come off too conservative and hesitant in his management style to me.

It's the world series for Christ sake. Have a plan and execute. Don't think about if you should or shouldn't leave a pitcher in.
White Liberals=The Worst
Dafuq did u say???

BMX Bandit
AgLA06 said:

Hell, I'd like him more if that were true. So far he's come off too conservative and hesitant in his management style to me.

It's the world series for Christ sake. Have a plan and execute. Don't think about if you should or shouldn't leave a pitcher in.
Having a plan and sticking to it worked out great for Dodgers last night, didn't it?

not wanting a manager to think is one of stranger wishes I've seen.
AgLA06
AG
BMX Bandit said:

AgLA06 said:

Having a plan and sticking to it worked out great for Dodgers last night, didn't it?

not wanting a manager to think is one of stranger wishes I've seen.

I don't think you understand what a well developed plan looks like. It generally includes multiple options and contingencies depending upon the scenario. It's not a check list.
BMX Bandit
if you don't have a manager thats thinking about what he's seeing, just get a computer that tells you what to do based on pitch counts.

(every manager, including Hinch, has a plan with options based on contingencies, etc. like you described)
AgLA06
AG
BMX Bandit said:

if you don't have a manager thats thinking about what he's seeing, just get a computer that tells you what to do based on pitch counts.

(every manager, including Hinch, has a plan with options based on contingencies, etc. like you described)

Sure, if he'd employ it instead of the mastered deer in headlights while pitching implodes move instead it would be great. Which is exactly what I said before you tried to be cute.
BMX Bandit
maybe you meant something different than you posted.

saying you don't want a manager to think about taking a pitcher out make zero sense.

and what you are suggesting is a huge part of why Roberts is being rightfully second guessed today.
Al Bula
AG
Roof closed tomorrow night. JJ watt throwing out first pitch.
The Wonderer
AG
AgLA06 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Sure, if he'd employ it instead of the mastered deer in headlights while pitching implodes move instead it would be great. Which is exactly what I said before you tried to be cute.
He has a masters in psychology from Stanford and took the Astros from 100+ losses to 100+ wins in just three years. I think I'll trust him.
Texaggie7nine
That's not really fair to say when his club today only has like 3 players left from the 100 loss years.
7nine
schmendeler
AG
I think it'd be cool if they let mattress Mac throw out one of the first pitches. He's a savvy business man, but he also didn't hesitate to help as many people as he could.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Well, if she's a hoe....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.