Houston
Sponsored by

2017 DisAstros thread

233,755 Views | 1970 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Post removed:
by user
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not looking too good at the moment
Echoes97
AG
Joe Buck has a major hard on for the Yanquis
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
schmellba99
AG
Getting our fudge packed tonight. The boys just dont have it tnis game it appears.
jpc08
AG
Well at least that passed ball f'ed up Judges grand slam.
Post removed:
by user
GoAgs92
AG
Still think maybin could have caught that pop up....meh
07fta07
AG
He absolutely could have and should have. And they should bench his ass today for the half ass effort.
Serotonin
AG
Lots of bad luck last night, but if Maybin keeps running then the inning ends with no runs. Instead we give up 5. Pretty good overview of the events in the NY Post of all places:
http://nypost.com/2017/10/17/astros-outfielder-tries-to-explain-inexplicable-fly-ball-miss/
Al Bula
AG
It is easy to sit at home and be a manager from your couch, but there was a lot of half-assing going on last night.

Oh well, gotta move forward. Let's hope McCullers doesn't suck today.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I think we all knew the yanke weren't going down without a little bit of fight. I think McCullers goes five strong, then Peacock gives you three good, followed up by Kenny G. The bats finally come alive and we win 7-2.
I think Maybin played it conservative. He didn't want to give up a lead off triple, so he played it safe hoping to play it on a bounce and hold to a single. It was the right play, just an unlucky bounce gave them an extra base. All the bounces and breaks went their way last night. It had to swing that way eventually, the Stros had been catching all the breaks so far.
gougler08
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I think we all knew the yanke weren't going down without a little bit of fight. I think McCullers goes five strong, then Peacock gives you three good, followed up by Kenny G. The bats finally come alive and we win 7-2.
I think Maybin played it conservative. He didn't want to give up a lead off triple, so he played it safe hoping to play it on a bounce and hold to a single. It was the right play, just an unlucky bounce gave them an extra base. All the bounces and breaks went their way last night. It had to swing that way eventually, the Stros had been catching all the breaks so far.
No way...he pulled up way before the ball got there, I think he just seriously misjudged it due to the wind or something.

The guy is in for his defense, and he does that. To the bench for you sir
MAS444
AG
Really need the offense to come back. Averaged 2.4 runs/game over last 7. I'm afraid our pitching isn't going to be good enough if that keeps up.
schmellba99
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Yep, started with that WTF 3 run dinger that shouldn't have been more than a looping fly out to RF. Judge's catch and every solid contact the Astros made that ended up in a glove instead of falling in for a hit. Just wasn't their night, baseball can go like that at times.

I like to think that the Yankees blew their wad and scored all of their runs last night.
07fta07
AG
MAS444 said:

Really need the offense to come back. Averaged 2.4 runs/game over last 7. I'm afraid our pitching isn't going to be good enough if that keeps up.

Need 2 more and have Keuchel and Verlander. It could be good enough, but I'm sure they'd appreciate some run support.
Joker98
AG
As a life long Houston Astros and Houston sports in general fan, I too fall into the trap of thinking that disaster is around the corner. It's natural. After sleeping on it last night, I've realized that there's no need to start panicking with this team yet. Sure we haven't hit as well this series, but baseball is like that. This team hit well all season, but yes endured some slumps. There's no reason to think that they've just forgotten how.

Game 4 is huge. We either take a commanding lead, or it's all tied up and we need to win the next 2 out of 3. I still think it's advantage Astros. The bats will come back. These guys have proven that they can hit even the best pitchers, but they're not going to do it 100% of the time. I'm hoping we jump on Sonny Gray early and then gonna have to deal with their bullpen, which is very good.

I hope we get 4 solid innings out of LMJ, 5 would be a bonus. I don't think he can give us much more than that. I don't think he can give us much more than that. Against Boston he had good stuff for 3 innings and ran into some trouble in the 4th. Let's see. Maybe today will be the Brandon Backe moment we need.

I was real encouraged by McHugh last night. He was nails. We're going to need him again if this series goes 7.
dummble
AG
Let's say I got a signed Bun B hat from 8th Wonder last night. Am I allowed to take the stickers off and curve the brim?
Post removed:
by user
T Durden
AG
dummble said:

Let's say I got a signed Bun B hat from 8th Wonder last night. Am I allowed to take the stickers off and curve the brim?

Don't you dare do that!

David_Puddy
AG
dummble said:

Nice....which one did you get?
dummble
AG
I panicked and got the all orange with rainbow letters
Post removed:
by user
David_Puddy
AG
Were they out of the navy ones? That orange one is badass, but wouldn't have been my first choice. You should have done the 2 for deal.
Post removed:
by user
David_Puddy
AG
No I just saw all of them on his Insta
jetch17
AG
i enjoyed this story about the boy who caught the home run over the weekend

Heartbreaking reason kid who got Carlos Correa's HR ball was sitting in that seat
Diggity
AG
man...that had me tearing up.

Really glad they didn't call fan interference!
Joker98
AG
Good start by LMJ. Need the bats to heat up! Someone go get a chicken!
Bryan98
AG
David_Puddy said:

No I just saw all of them on his Insta

I'm an Instagram idiot. Can I get a link?
GoAgs92
AG
I didn't win the opportunity to buy WS tickets early...darn.

sts7049
AG
wow. what an incredible story.
maverick2076
So, what just happened with Judge getting tagged out at second? I missed the explanation.
Liquid Wrench
He overran the bag
Diggity
AG
He didn't re-tag second before coming back to first
Bondag
AG
maverick2076 said:

So, what just happened with Judge getting tagged out at second? I missed the explanation.

He touch second base but didn't go back and re-touch second base on the when heran back to first. The Astros tried to throw to 2nd, but ball wasn't in play. When ball put back in play Judge knew he hadn't touched second so he tried to steal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.