Houston
Sponsored by

2017 DisAstros thread

233,745 Views | 1970 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
**** yeah **** yeah go Astros!
schmendeler
Ragoo
AG
Batting practice out there right now
jetch17
AG
Fuggin brutal
sts7049
AG
our bullpen hasn't been good for awhile. they better right the ship quick.
MichaelJ
AG
Why can't houston get a championship in a sport that matters. Who cares about women's basketball and mls soccer.

Oh. And minor league hockey
Diggity
AG
We had some pretty good men that played basketball as well
bkag9824
AG
Diggity said:

We had some pretty good men that played basketball as well

You aren't out of the woods just yet.
jetch17
MichaelJ
AG
Yea. Let's hang on to our championships from 20+ years ago
Diggity
AG
As opposed to the recent women's basketball you brought up?
MAS444
AG
Bullpen blew it. But 3 hits! Gonna have to get bats going. Can't win series scoring 2-3 runs/ game.
yestoast
Sports is pain.
Texaggie7nine
yestoast said:

Sports is pain.
Unless live in Boston or Alabama, then it's mostly awesome the past decade or so.
7nine
White Liberals=The Worst
Classic choke city. Prom queen is right before us begging for our love and we get limp D when it matters most. Our offense has been piss poor this series. We are just playing scared in all aspects of the game. Complete opposite of what we saw up to this pt. An H-Tine tradish.
GoAgs92
AG
so McCullers gives up 2 hits in 6 innings with only 81 pitches, up 4 to 1...and gets pulled? Doh.

And why so many empty yankee seats?

Lame ass manager.

Joker98
AG
Yeah in hindsight he should have left McCullers in until he perhaps allowed another base runner.

Bottom line, the bullpen has to do their job from the 7th inning on. My only beef is that Devo has been hit or miss as of late, especially in post season. I would have preferred to have peacock come in, but Hinch reverted to the formula of having his late inning relievers. Maybe even have musgrove in before Devo would have been favorable. It was still a 2 run game in the 8th.

Look, the Yankees are hot right now, they were the best home team in baseball. Our lack of hitting right now is my biggest concern. Correa looks lost all of a sudden, and Springer is trying to hit everything out of the park. Hopefully they get that part right and win today. Win today, and I like my chances to take 1 game out of 2 at MMP.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
GoAgs92 said:

so McCullers gives up 2 hits in 6 innings with only 81 pitches, up 4 to 1...and gets pulled? Doh.

Lame ass manager.

It is Hinch's management style. Go back to my OP, he will be the undoing of this team.
GoAgs92
AG
now the dumbass is probably going to leave DK in too long today...blaralskjf;alskjf
MichaelJ
AG
That's the point dingus.

Not only is houston in a championship drought. But it's most recent championships are in sports nobody cares about.
White Liberals=The Worst
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

GoAgs92 said:

Lame ass manager.

It is Hinch's management style. Go back to my OP, he will be the undoing of this team.
I agree. You have to roll longer with the hot hand.
BMX Bandit
Devinski against the lefty DiDi Gregoriios was the right call. McCuellers wasn't goIng to pitch the whole game, so eventually those same guys would have gotten shelled

Hinch didn't lose that game for them.
David_Puddy
AG
Just gotta get the W today and I feel good about winning 1 of 2 at home.....especially with Verlander starting game 6. May need Dallas to go 7. Giles always makes me nervous though, even if Dallas goes 7. The Astros are still -155 for the series on my book, which makes me feel a little better. The matchup today is -110 both ways and that's good value for Kuechel. I think it opened around -125, which means $ is coming in on the evil empire.
Diggity
AG
my point was that the Comets championships were right about the same time as the Rocket's, so I wasn't sure why you brought one and not the other.

We can all agree the last legitimate sports accomplishment was a long time ago.
Panama Red
AG
Soccer guy isn't going to like that one bit.

(Hoping their post telling us how legitimate soccer is includes use of the words "pitch" and "kit")
The Wonderer
AG
Diggity said:

my point was that the Comets championships were right about the same time as the Rocket's, so I wasn't sure why you brought one and not the other.

Might as well just give us the '17-'18 trophy now and save the time of having a season.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
The Wonderer said:

Diggity said:

Might as well just give us the '17-'18 trophy now and save the time of having a season.

get that crap out of here
yestoast
WTF is all this non baseball talk? This is our DisAsLastro thread; GTFO to Old Rivalries or wherever with that noise.
yestoast
COME AT ME, JUDGE! #NOTMYMVP

sts7049
AG
offense still dead
HvilleAggie
AG
Been DOA all series
jetch17
K Bo
AG
What a punch in the dck
White Liberals=The Worst
Playing like a Houston sports team. Never ready for the bright lights.
Liquid Wrench

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.