Houston
Sponsored by

2017 DisAstros thread

233,746 Views | 1970 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bunting is not hard.
Bondag
AG
k2aggie07 said:

How do you bunt foul out?
He is a pitcher facing Clayton Kershaw. The fact he saw 5 pitcher is better than most of our guys the first time through.
schmellba99
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Bunting is not hard.

Sure, whatever you say
Zobel
AG
Start with the bat at the top of the strike zone. If you go up, pull back. This is little league stuff. No reason to ever go up to chase a ball when bunting.

Again... bunting is not hard.
Zobel
AG
Kershaw managed.
schmellba99
AG
You know it, not hard at all.
schmellba99
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Kershaw managed.

Kershaw also has about 100 more appearances than Keuchel at the plate.

But dont let that get in the way, bunting is easy. I mean, you could get up in game 1 of the series and face one of the top 5 pitchers in the league and lay down a perfect bunt, right? No nerves, no wondering,if you are getting a 96 mph fastball, slider, breaking ball with a foot of break, change up...sure, you could lay it down effortlessly. All in front of about 50MM people watching at that.

You sir, are a hero.
schmellba99
AG
Furk yes, Bregman with the tater!
Zobel
AG
Honestly? I think I have a much better shot at laying down a sac bunt than those dudes do trying to kick a field goal. I'm not saying even look like a man swinging away but cmon. It's a bunt.

But anyway woo tie game.
txags92
AG
Ridiculously low strike call on Altuve there. Looks like they are giving the Atlanta Braves 1990s strike zone tonight.
schmendeler
AG
txags92 said:

Ridiculously low strike call on Altuve there. Looks like they are giving the Atlanta Braves 1990s strike zone tonight.

He was pissed! Gave the ump not one, but two "what the ****'s".
Ags-R-Better
Gonzalez hit that he was thrown out on should have been a foul ball. Go back and rewind it if you have slo-mo capabilities. May not matter in the end but you never know
gougler08
AG
Ags-R-Better said:

Gonzalez hit that he was thrown out on should have been a foul ball. Go back and rewind it if you have slo-mo capabilities. May not matter in the end but you never know

It definitely bounced in foul territory first...
Echoes97
AG
With Turner's swing, that was a terrible 1-2 pitch location, ugh.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Cromagnum
AG
No bats = no wins.
jetch17
AG
JJxvi
AG
I just dont understand why Springer cant just pick certain pitches at random and swing as hard as humanly possible better.
Echoes97
AG
JJxvi said:

I just dont understand why Springer cant just pick certain pitches at random and swing as hard as humanly possible better.
He is a terribly easy out during this slump, it's incredibly frustrating and deflating for him to be at the top of the order right now.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Tom Hagen
AG
Springer needs to sit in game 2 after that golden sombrero.
sts7049
AG
i'd try bregman in leadoff. put marwin second, move springer to 6th, mcann (or gattis) 7th. see if that jump starts both marwin and springer.
MAS444
AG
When Springer is bad, he's really bad. Out of control. That really hurts in the lead off spot.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Marwin has been sucking a fat one too. Put in Fischer and Maybin.

Just kidding.
Panama Red
AG
Tom Hagen said:

Springer needs to sit in game 2 after that golden sombrero.
Teddy Perkins
AG
sts7049 said:

i'd try bregman in leadoff. put marwin second, move springer to 6th, mcann (or gattis) 7th. see if that jump starts both marwin and springer.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Springer looks like Morgan Ensberg of 2005. Wonder if his career is done after the World Series too.
Texaggie7nine
I'm hoping this is just an experience Springer needs to gain so he can be more composed for the next several times he goes to the Playoffs.
7nine
David_Puddy
AG
Tonight is pretty much a must win game with Verlander on the mound.
JJxvi
AG
Every game is huge, but it's not a must win. The only figuratively "must win" game that's not a literal elimination game would be game 3 if you're down 2-0.
David_Puddy
AG
I think it is especially with the pitching matchup. If we're not going to win with Verlander going against Rich Hill, we're done.
gougler08
AG
Rich Hill has sadly owned the Astros from his time with the A's. Verlander will have to be excellent again for us to win this

Our futility against LHP is something that a lot of people (including me) overlooked. But the Dodgers are going to throw LHP in 5-6 games this series and we are god awful against them
Panama Red
AG
gougler08 said:

Rich Hill has sadly owned the Astros from his time with the A's. Verlander will have to be excellent again for us to win this

Our futility against LHP is something that a lot of people (including me) overlooked. But the Dodgers are going to throw LHP in 5-6 games this series and we are god awful against them
Rich Hill faced the Astros twice when with the A's. He was 1-1. Rather low bar you set for "owned."

Springer, Bregman, Altuve and Correa all have higher average and OPS against left handers this year. God awful?

03_Aggie
gougler08 said:

With the exception of Bregman. He seems to really like left LHP.

Tonight should tell if our road hitting woes are going to doom us or if last night was more of a Kershaw pitching a gem.
gougler08
AG
Panama Red said:

gougler08 said:

Rich Hill faced the Astros twice when with the A's. He was 1-1. Rather low bar you set for "owned."

Springer, Bregman, Altuve and Correa all have higher average and OPS against left handers this year. God awful?

Fair enough with Rich Hills record but the Astros have a losing record against LHPs this year. That was all I was going with, I didn't dive in to the statistics more than that
agdaddy04
AG
Yep. I was hoping our performance Sale was more of what's to come. Hopefully it was just us getting used to the best pitcher in MLB last night and we can scratch something out next time we face him.
Always_Right
AG
Hopefully we get a win tonight and then can sweep them in Houston.
All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterday's gone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.