Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

360,850 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Video of the woman that drove around the barricades and into the water off of Westpark.

Officials release video of flood victim's SUV driving into high water

Dayum. That's nightmare **** right there.
RK
AG
She was doing a lot of phone stuff and not a lot of window/door stuff, it looks like.
Sazerac
AG
11 minutes and she never got out of the car!
Should it be ruled a suicide or mercy killing?
Breggy Popup
AG
Natural selection.
jh0400
AG
Either that was suicide or she's a front runner for a Darwin Award.
Vernada
AG
Hmm. Maybe I DO need one of those emergency tools in my car.
plowboy1065
S
Stupid is as stupid does sir
RK
AG
Wonder if she got knocked out or totally disoriented by the initial impact. Like 8 minutes from impact to phone light.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Wonder if she got knocked out or totally disoriented by the initial impact.
you can see a light moving around the back hatch area, so she had to be conscious.
klsmith89
AG
Too busy looking for the right snap chat filter?
AGHouston11
AG
Looks like she was just waiting inside for someone to come. I don't think she thought it was going to sink so fast once it did.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:
Wonder if she got knocked out or totally disoriented by the initial impact.
you can see a light moving around the back hatch area, so she had to be conscious.
Yeah she was messing around on her phone. Probably called someone and asked "What do I do? What do I do?" like Professor Prius did. Too bad the ABC reporter wasn't around to save her.
shano0603
AG
quote:
Video of the woman that drove around the barricades and into the water off of Westpark.

didn't someone die in there the last time it flooded as well?
htxag09
AG
quote:

I know it's a stressful situation. But if you don't have one most head rests can be used as substitutes. The head rests are made to come all the way out and use the metal ends.
Breggy Popup
AG
I'm not sure she would have escaped once in the water. The tow truck driver attempted to help but almost got sucked down from the pumps at the bottom in knee deep water.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Same lady?

https://streamable.com/i27x
KW02
AG
Apparently she left a nightclub at 3 am. Intoxicated is my guess.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:

I know it's a stressful situation. But if you don't have one most head rests can be used as substitutes. The head rests are made to come all the way out and use the metal ends.
They're not designed to be used to puncture windows. You need a sharp point deployed with force. Headrest should be a last resort, not a relied upon tool.

These are $10 at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/resqme-Original-Keychain-Escape-Black/dp/B000IE0EZO?ie=UTF8&keywords=window%20breaker&qid=1461205305&ref_=sr_1_5&sr=8-5
Breggy Popup
AG
Post removed:
by user
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

They're not designed to be used to puncture windows. You need a sharp point deployed with force. Headrest should be a last resort, not a relied upon tool.

These are $10 at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/resqme-Original-Keychain-Escape-Black/dp/B000IE0EZO?ie=UTF8&keywords=window%20breaker&qid=1461205305&ref_=sr_1_5&sr=8-5

I would advise not testing those on your thumb like my dumbass Yankee coworker did a few weeks ago. He won one in a safety meeting drawing and promptly punched a hole in his thumb.
idAg09
quote:
I'm not sure she would have escaped once in the water. The tow truck driver attempted to help but almost got sucked down from the pumps at the bottom in knee deep water.

Natural selection at its finest though right?!?
idAg09
quote:

htxag09
AG
I understand it's a last resort. But I guarantee you I could break out my window with one in the 20 minutes she had.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:

Yep. If you don't even attempt to survive, you'll not be selected.
The Wonderer
AG
Least he knows it works now.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
I understand it's a last resort. But I guarantee you I could break out my window with one in the 20 minutes she had.

You'd be surprised.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Probably not.
Biz Ag
AG
She drove around a barricade blocking the entrance to the underpass.

She passed a COH/toll road/public works employee in a truck by the barricade who tried to swim out and rescue her. Suction from the drainage almost drowned him so he had to turn back.
blackgoldag11
AG
quote:

why does she not even attempt to bail and swim when it first starts floating.
213 Grove
AG
quote:
quote:

Maybe she don't know how to swim. And in those situations people panic and don't know what to do just like the old man
blackgoldag11
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe she don't know how to swim. And in those situations people panic and don't know what to do just like the old man

Still no attempt at all it looks like, just got on her phone. I feel for her and her family but damn, you passed a barricade and then freaked out and got on your phone when you started floating
adamsbq06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am surprised they haven't put up big gates at that exit..
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Lessons learned

Obey barricades - they are there for a reason

Educate yourself on what to do in life or death situations - chances are you will never need it but you never know.

Don't drive into water if you don't know the depth - period

Glass break tools and seat belt cutters are a must because you never know. I feel confident to get my self out but having a little one with me I'd feel better cutting the seat belt away if need be.

If your car doesn't have manual door locks try putting the car in park and turning off the engine - almost all new cars unlock when this happens

I was actually out in the thick of it Monday morning 5am to 7:30 in a 4x4 truck with good ground clearance. Not once did I try any water where I couldn't see curb and I saw countless sedans and low to the ground cars trying to take on water I wasn't even close to being comfortable trying. Whatever your job pays you isn't enough to try this. Where ever you have to be other than trying to take a loved one who might die within the next 2 hours to the hospital is not worth it.

i hate that someone died but damn have some sort of self reliance. Some sort of sense not to do completely dumb ****.
BowSowy
AG
I'm sure you fine folks would never find yourself in that situation. But if you did, you can use your headrest to break the window. You just have to use it to provide tension in the glass rather than trying to knock it out. See the video below

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.