Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

360,984 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Zemira
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I was home the entire day. I was expecting two packages so I kept checking the porch. I finally took a nap at noon. The doorbell never rang. About 3pm checked the porch again. Sitting there were two soaked boxes, one from UPS and one from USPS.
So there is literally ZERO chance that you slept through a doorbell??

Considering I woke up for every phone call, no.

And this isn't the first time. I will be off on a Friday and home and the doorbell is never rung, but I check at 2-3pm and sure enough there is a package.
Bondag
AG
Do you not get an email every time a package is delivered?
DuncanAg
AG
As a West Houston guy this article is troubling. Understand its from 2012, but if you research not much has changed from the Corps of Engineers side. Sounds as if they will start a project this year that will take 4 years to complete but being the dams were constructed in the 1940's and only an earthen dam this is scary.

Sounds as if they expect some additional street flooding around Ad****s today as its over its record (but apparently only half full). If either of those dams were to be compromised...look out.

Houston Press - If the Ad****s and Barker Dams Fail
jopatura
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I was home the entire day. I was expecting two packages so I kept checking the porch. I finally took a nap at noon. The doorbell never rang. About 3pm checked the porch again. Sitting there were two soaked boxes, one from UPS and one from USPS.
So there is literally ZERO chance that you slept through a doorbell??

Considering I woke up for every phone call, no.

And this isn't the first time. I will be off on a Friday and home and the doorbell is never rung, but I check at 2-3pm and sure enough there is a package.

I'm a SAHM who gets packages at least twice a week because of my husband's job. I can count on one hand how many times they've rung the doorbell or knocked in the last two years. The only time it happened with any regularity is the holiday season and it was still rare. Most of the time they drop and run. I have a motion activated camera over the front door so I know when they show up anyways. And then the delivery notifications.
Bockaneer
AG
They don't ring our doorbell either.
Bondag
AG
They probably don't ring the doorbell anymore because SAHM call and complain that UPS woke up their babies.
Buck O Five
AG
Dear lord, what has happened to this board.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
I blame all the transplnts
aTm2004
AG
So...back to the professor

If you're looking for a good play-by-play, here it is.

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/zapruder-analysis-of-ktrks-steve-campion-fishing-a-man-out-of-flood-waters-on-studemont-video-8335713
Bondag
AG
quote:
In the television realm, Channel 2 was the big loser, as their feed was down all morning, and Channel 11 probably took a slight hit from meteorologist Chita Johnson missing the Super Bowl Sunday of weather because of her bachelorette party. So, on many levels, KTRK Channel 13 was the big winner, especially considering they had the most memorable viral moment of the morning.
Zemira
AG
About 3 hours later. We have problems with our USPS person. Every week someone goes to the post office and files a complaint. They have lost 10+ packages on our street in the last three months alone. Trying to build a case to get someone fired from the post office is next to impossible.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
In the television realm, Channel 2 was the big loser, as their feed was down all morning, and Channel 11 probably took a slight hit from meteorologist Chita Johnson missing the Super Bowl Sunday of weather because of her bachelorette party. So, on many levels, KTRK Channel 13 was the big winner, especially considering they had the most memorable viral moment of the morning.

Falcon punch to KHOU.
Zemira
AG
And I'm headed home. Centerpoint is cutting power to the area to make repairs and not sure when it will be back. Naptime again this afternoon.
Bondag
AG
My cleaning lady just showed up. Had to put on pants.
Waffledynamics
AG
quote:
Oh snap. Ol' white lady just got on CH11 and said quit talking and worrying about Greenspoint, Cypress needs help. That won't be popular among some folks.

Oh please let there be an article or something to see people's responses.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
And I'm headed home. Centerpoint is cutting power to the area to make repairs and not sure when it will be back. Naptime again this afternoon.

Keeping you in my prayers.
gougler08
AG
quote:
Why are you upset about this?
BowSowy
AG
quote:
quote:
We live in the same hood. We should meat up.

They lifted your ban?
Go back to the dallass board, you carpetbagger
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
quote:
I blame all the transplnts

Zemira
AG
Now I have 2 days of work to catch up on. I will enjoy the nap though. Apparently the flooding at Cypresswood/249 is causing some major issues.
Betoisafurry
Just heard a levee on one of the town lake lakes failed?
dsharp90
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
Just heard a levee on one of the town lake lakes failed?
Incorrect
Betoisafurry
Thanks, thought it was bs.
El Mero Guero
quote:
quote:

Keeping you in my prayers.
I live in a neighborhood serviced by Centerpoint. Really makes you think.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
ummmm

Diggity
AG
what if it's keep on rainin?
htxag09
AG
Yeah, one of our coworkers said a levee broke and Coles crossing is flooded. Don't know if it's really flooded or if it's all bs.
Ag_07
AG
Apparently Cypress Creek is bad. Flooding all along Cypresswood Dr and 249. Perrys right there on Cypresswood has 2 ft of water in it.
Bondag
AG
quote:
Apparently Cypress Creek is bad. Flooding all along Cypresswood Dr and 249. Perrys right there on Cypresswood has 2 ft of water in it.
I ate at a Perrys once. Really makes you think.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

They lifted your ban?
Go back to the dallass board, you carpetbagger
Bondag
AG
Channel 2 showing that area and a bunch of old people in wheel chairs being loaded out of a truck.
Dan Scott
AG
At what level do they shutdown 45N because of cypress creek and spring creek being too high?
Dan Scott
AG
Spring Creek now at 102.5 feet and still rising. Over 10 feet higher than bank

Cypress Creek at 90 feet and rising. 4 feet higher than bank
FHKChE07
AG
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/inundation/index.php?gage=spnt2

This says that 45 shuts down at 102.4 and since it is at 102.5 that should mean that 45 is down.

Edit: This is Spring Creek. Hang on.

Cypress Creek

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/river.php?wfo=hgx&wfoid=18770&riverid=203548&pt%5B%5D=141928&allpoints=141928%2C147431%2C147603&data%5B%5D=all

This says that 45 at Cypress creek shuts down at 92.2 but it is at 89 feet and going up so 45 shouldn't be closed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.