Metroplex
Sponsored by

97.1 The Freak

89,679 Views | 570 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by chick79
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Danny Vermin said:

We will see. I did DM one if the hosts on the Freak about why I would be switching and it was because of the leftist b.s. on the Ticket. He assured me they would stay away from politics for the most part because he's heard from thousands of conservative listeners about why they don't listen to the ticket anymore. We will see if that comes to fruition
I will believe it when I see it. There is almost no way they stay away from politics. It dominates the new cycle and they need something to talk about other then Julies candy dish.
Coates
aggieswin12 said:

Lets be real here, people get more upset because the ticket isn't politically aligned with their beliefs more than them injecting politics.

Or some people try to avoid politics all together, and certainly don't want it from AM sports radio.
MaroonDontRun
AG
Coates said:

aggieswin12 said:

Lets be real here, people get more upset because the ticket isn't politically aligned with their beliefs more than them injecting politics.

Or some people try to avoid politics all together, and certainly don't want it from AM sports radio.
Sadly, that is mostly impossible these days.
aggieswin12
Yeah, some people do. Most people complaining about politics on both this thread and the ticket thread have politics in their top posting forums....
Ervin Burrell
AG
aggieswin12 said:

1000%. I don't notice them injecting politics much at all these days, but maybe I don't notice it because I don't get triggered when people have differing viewpoints.

And LOL if you think these new personalities at 97.1 aren't all left-leaning as well.
Ervin Burrell
AG
aggieswin12 said:

Yeah, some people do. Most people complaining about politics on both this thread and the ticket thread have politics in their top posting forums....
And those same people would magically not have a problem with politics talk on the Ticket if it was right-leaning...which is the point.
Coates
MaroonDontRun said:

Coates said:

aggieswin12 said:

That's the point, it should be easy to turn on sports talk radio to get away from it.

And no one cares about how the hosts vote, just leave it off the air, doesn't seem that difficult but Corby, Junior, etc have a hard time with that.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
As there been mention of a non-iheart radio app that will let you pause / rewind / fast-forward? If these guys really want to compete with the Ticket, I think this is a must have.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Coates said:

MaroonDontRun said:

Coates said:

aggieswin12 said:

That's the point, it should be easy to turn on sports talk radio to get away from it.

And no one cares about how the hosts vote, just leave it off the air, doesn't seem that difficult but Corby, Junior, etc have a hard time with that.
Some of the posts on the prior page would suggest otherwise.
Bones08
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

As there been mention of a non-iheart radio app that will let you pause / rewind / fast-forward? If these guys really want to compete with the Ticket, I think this is a must have.
The Downbeat mentioned on-air that they have received numerous requests already and that management is aware. They also brought up the iHeart app and encouraged listeners to go in that direction.

So I'm not sure we will get anything official soon. Maybe there is some 3rd party app or hack available.

But I agree. My Ticket listening would plummet without the SportsDay app and I think The Freak needs to invest in something similar.
txag2008
AG
iHeartRadio is about as big as it gets and I'm sure they've invested a ton into their app already. I'm hopeful, but really doubt they're going to go change their app to add that functionality just because the listeners in the Dallas market are used to it and want it. I would also think it diminishes their ad campaigns since most of them will be skipped over.
powerbelly
AG
txag2008 said:

iHeartRadio is about as big as it gets and I'm sure they've invested a ton into their app already. I'm hopeful, but really doubt they're going to go change their app to add that functionality just because the listeners in the Dallas market are used to it and want it. I would also think it diminishes their ad campaigns since most of them will be skipped over.
This will be the main reason iHeart ignores the request.
Danny Vermin
You're so full of ***** You know damn well the reason it doesn't bother you is because they are on your America hating team. I'm sure you put panties on your head everytime they bash conservatives. It's OK though, they will always be around but they ratings are taking a dive quite a bit even before the Freak.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Danny Vermin said:

You're so full of ***** You know damn well the reason it doesn't bother you is because they are on your America hating team. I'm sure you put panties on your head everytime they bash conservatives. It's OK though, they will always be around but they ratings are taking a dive quite a bit even before the Freak.
Ah yes, people who don't care about others' political stances must "hate America." Your post reads like somebody trying to be as satirical as possible to paint conservatives in as bad a light as possible, but sadly based on your history I know it's legitimate.

BTW, tell us about the time you bragged about DM'ing TC on Twitter to tell him you'd like to fight him at Ticketstock. That's what stable, non-America-hating folks do.
TV Casualty
AG
aggieswin12 said:

Often times a good case can be made for the conservative position and also the liberal one. What the ticket often does now is come down strongly for the liberal position while mocking the conservative one.

If you make a good case for the liberal position then I can accept that. If you build up straw man of the conservative position and put on a fake redneck accent to also mock it, then yeah that's going to annoy some people.

Bones08
AG
powerbelly said:

txag2008 said:

This will be the main reason iHeart ignores the request.
Yea probably right on that. I can't remember the last time I listened to an ad on The Ticket. Good for the listener, not great to hear if you are an advertiser.
Albatross Necklace
TV Casualty said:

aggieswin12 said:

Often times a good case can be made for the conservative position and also the liberal one. What the ticket often does now is come down strongly for the liberal position while mocking the conservative one.

If you make a good case for the liberal position then I can accept that. If you build up straw man of the conservative position and put on a fake redneck accent to also mock it, then yeah that's going to annoy some people.

This.

I'm not opposed to an actual discussion about politics, but the Ticket's political analysis is on par with Jake's analysis of anything A&M related being based solely jizz jars and cringey yell jokes.

I wouldn't mind redneck strawman on occasion. But it's all they have and listening to their worn out bits is a beating.
Jack Ruby
Much of the ticket hosts have become Howard Stern: They've turned into the very things they used to hilariously mock years ago.

If you go back to early musers shows, they absolutely would've been me too'd or cancelled. The wokeness of them and them speaking on politics just feels completely ingenuine.
walton91
You realize that applies to (checks notes) nearly everyone. Who acts and talks like they did 25 years ago? People change, mature, evolve. Its not a character flaw. The only error is you expecting them to never change
Jack Ruby
I also don't live a life that is in anyway nearly as public as theirs. Again, ingenuine.
Coates
walton91 said:

You realize that applies to (checks notes) nearly everyone. Who acts and talks like they did 25 years ago? People change, mature, evolve. Its not a character flaw. The only error is you expecting them to never change

The change hasn't been over 25 years, it was 2016 and 2020. It's clearly not just the ticket, you can barely watch a show movie that doesn't lean a certain way politically. Not saying one way is right or wrong, but for me and plenty of people like me I just want entertainment and keep the BS politics out.
MaroonDontRun
AG
I haven't been able to listen to Glenn this afternoon.

Is Julie sitting in again? I get the feeling they may make her a permanent member.
FTAco07
AG
Krystina Ray sitting in right now, no Julie
MaroonDontRun
AG
FTAco07 said:

Krystina Ray sitting in right now, no Julie
Continuous rotation will definitely help keep the shows fresh.
AG
08 too.

First time I remember being disgusted by Corby was when he said he couldn't imagine someone not voting for BHO unless they were racist

Coates
80085 said:

08 too.

First time I remember being disgusted by Corby was when he said he couldn't imagine someone not voting for BHO unless they were racist

Haha, I missed that but absolutely believe it.
AgBQ-00
AG
Rhyner played air hockey with Robert Plant!!??!!??
Trajan88
AG
"Rhyner played air hockey with Robert Plant!!??!!??"

Scoreboarded him too... 2-0.

Game over Zep!
Robert C. Christian
AG
Jack Ruby said:

Much of the ticket hosts have become Howard Stern: They've turned into the very things they used to hilariously mock years ago.

If you go back to early musers shows, they absolutely would've been me too'd or cancelled. The wokeness of them and them speaking on politics just feels completely ingenuine.

These guys have turned into shock jocks.
Hincemm
AG
80085 said:

did he actually say that? (not that it would surprise me)
Birdbear
AG
The comments here are worth a look. Almost unanimously they hate the change that The Eagle made.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjYNL48uIIx/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Hincemm
AG
in today's shocking news, people ***** about stuff on social media
AG
Hincemm said:

80085 said:

did he actually say that? (not that it would surprise me)

yes, heard it with my own ears. and it wasnt his exaggeration tone of voice but what sounded like an honest question. its been 14 years so doing my best to recall the reaction which was what youd expect if at work and someone says something dumb. something like a generic "i dont know man" and went to break.
AgBQ-00
AG
what led to the bunker talk just now? I was letting the dog out and missed it
walton91
Now this I like. Always liked it when the Ticket plays music. Not crazy about the time on a Saturday tho

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.