Metroplex
Sponsored by

97.1 The Freak

89,937 Views | 570 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by chick79
Law Hall 69-72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hopefully, Elf will leave and I won't have to hear him on The Ticket again. He's extra, extra, extra crispy bad.
Hincemm
AG
he's on for 2 hours per week. if elf's your main beef, then you have issues...
bert harbinson
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

Hopefully, Elf will leave and I won't have to hear him on The Ticket again. He's extra, extra, extra crispy bad.

What's not to like, a meshugana sip/astros homer kvetching about sports with a bagel and a shmear.
Trajan88
AG
Personal Finance by Rocco Pendola on The Freak?

https://substack.com/profile/49741141-rocco-pendola
AG
I like Elf for his 2hrs on Sunday. Sometimes if I'm up before church, I'll listen as he'll do a segment on college football with his elite 8. Not earth shattering, but he is the only one talking college on a NFL morning.
bert harbinson
AG
Actually I think Elf is ok. I don't get to listen much though.
Coates
When is this station supposed to start?
Yellerjacket
Coates said:

When is this station supposed to start?
Who knows? I don't think anyone has even announced that it is happening. Maybe it's an elaborate troll and there is no such thing as 97.1 The Freak.
Ag CPA
AG
For all of you that missed on the chance to be a day-one P1 here is your chance to be a day-one Freak.
The Shank Ag
Most expect a B&S announcement at their remote today in Addison with a Monday start.
Gomer95
AG
Someone in an Unticket group said Rhyner will start it today at 3 PM so I'm going to listen. That is literally all that I've seen on a start time but it's worth seeing if it comes true. Seems to make sense if he opened it up with his show and said it would all be normal lineup day starting Monday. Can anyone else confirm that today at 3 PM is the start time?
Hincemm
AG
2, i believe.

now this is interesting.

https://kegl.iheart.com/schedule/

EDIT: the 'schedule' is blank.
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
I hope the Freak succeeds beyond everybody's wildest dreams. Anything that takes Gordo and Corby down a notch or two would make my heart happy.
Hincemm
AG
I get corby but gordo?
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
Hincemm said:

I get corby but gordo?
He never drops the facade, consistently acts like he thinks he is the smartest person in the room, and is the least genuine personality on the station.
dave94
AG
Its Texas Aggies, dammit said:

Hincemm said:

I get corby but gordo?
He never drops the facade, consistently acts like he thinks he is the smartest person in the room, and is the least genuine personality on the station.
Wow, this has taken a turn. Why is this just now being said however many pages into the Ticket thread?!?

EDIT: why has this not been said in the Ticket thread?
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
dave94 said:

Hincemm said:

I get corby but gordo?
Wow, this has taken a turn. Why is this just now being said however many pages into the Ticket thread?!?

Well, it's because I'm late to the party. I've been listening to the Ticket since the beginning, but I have never seen the Ticket thread before. That's probably because I don't think I've ever been on the Metroplex board before today. (I found it via a search to see if anyone was discussing the awful "Junk for Joy" commercial.) I'm sure I would have seen similar comments had I paged through 400+ pages.
Hincemm
AG

dave94 said:

Hincemm said:

I get corby but gordo?

Well, it's because I'm late to the party. I've been listening to the Ticket since the beginning, but I have never seen the Ticket thread before. That's probably because I don't think I've ever been on the Metroplex board before today. (I found it via a search to see if anyone was discussing the awful "Junk for Joy" commercial.) I'm sure I would have seen similar comments had I paged through 400+ pages.
does not compute.

and we'll just have to disagree on gordo....are you not entertained?

norm may be the most 'genuine' person on the ticket, but i think most would say he's long overdue for retirement and frankly brings little to no entertainment to the air anymore.
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
Hincemm said:

dave94 said:

Hincemm said:

I get corby but gordo?

does not compute.

and we'll just have to disagree on gordo....are you not entertained?

norm may be the most 'genuine' person on the ticket, but i think most would say he's long overdue for retirement and frankly brings little to no entertainment to the air anymore.
FWIW, I agree with you about Norm. To each his own. . .
mavsfan4ever
AG
I actually agree that Gordo is ingenuine and has gotten stale. I mentioned it on the Ticket thread but said that I know I'm in the minority because most people love him. That's one of the reasons I grew tired of the Musers and quit listening.

But like I said, I get why most people really enjoy listening to him.
AgBQ-00
AG
B&S going live now. Let's see where this goes today
Goldie Wilson
B&S intro song is a jam
Goldie Wilson
Goldie Wilson said:

B&S intro song is a jam
And the show itself is a beating
FincAg
AG
Alright, I'm in for the Freak Show. Let's see what happens.
MaroonDontRun
AG
The DJ did the send off and acknowledged the end of the Eagle.

This should be a fun ride.
AgBQ-00
AG
This is going to be an interesting listen today
Hincemm
AG
Edging for the next two hours. Am I right
AgBQ-00
AG
Everyone knows Freaks are all tantric!!
Ag CPA
AG
Kind of sad the Eagle is going away (again), has been on my dial since I moved here 20 years ago.
Ag CPA
AG
Hincemm
AG
Missed it by that much
Buford Tannen
AG
Streaming yet? The 97.1 stream is currently playing Evanescence
FincAg
AG
Try it on TuneIn. It's what I use on the Echo.
FincAg
AG
Anyone else getting Glycerine?
BClark
AG
I'm getting Ben and Skin on the I Heart app.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.