Metroplex
Sponsored by

97.1 The Freak

89,740 Views | 570 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by chick79
Jack Ruby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
walton91 said:

Now this I like. Always liked it when the Ticket plays music. Not crazy about the time on a Saturday tho

I'm sure it'll be a massive hit.

It won't.
Legal Custodian
AG
Sirois Industries Snout Bag
AgBQ-00
AG
The dogs seem to like it in some cases.
MGS
Jack Ruby said:

walton91 said:

Now this I like. Always liked it when the Ticket plays music. Not crazy about the time on a Saturday tho

I'm sure it'll be a massive hit.

It won't.
Bold move taking on Neil Sperry.
Mr. White
Hincemm said:

80085 said:

First time I remember being disgusted by Corby was when he said he couldn't imagine someone not voting for BHO unless they were racist

did he actually say that? (not that it would surprise me)

Also said that you're a racist if you didn't think Oprah was hot. Seriously.
Jeff99
One thing I did learn this week is that Rhyner and Sirois are incredibly easy to provoke on Twitter.
AgBQ-00
AG
I am so enjoying this station. It is easy to listen to all day because they just flow from place to place topic to topic.
PatAg
AG
Jeff99 said:

One thing I did learn this week is that Rhyner and Sirois are incredibly easy to provoke on Twitter.
every DFW sports radio host is, its hilarious
johnnyblaze36
AG
Ended up giving the show my first listen last Friday for a couple of hours and again today for about an hour and a half.

Listening to Rhynes recite Adriana Chechik's greatest hits had me cracking up, especially with Grubes at the helm. From the little I've listened to so far, it's nothing ground breaking obviously, but it does give me a nice sense of nostalgia.
Chewy
AG
I've been listening a little the last week and it's totally nostalgia. If I didn't have the Hardline history with Rhynes and Grubes I don't think I'd be as intrigued.

I still feel like they need to get their feet underneath them and develop a rhythm. I don't think they're going to overtake The Hardline but I can see them pulling some listeners.
AgGrad99
AG
I want to like the station, but I cant stick with them. It's really bad. Every show is just so generic, and I find myself tuning out.

I like Sirois a lot, but Rhyner makes it tough to listen to for me. Sirois is carrying that thing, and he needs help.
AgBQ-00
AG
Mashups were awesome!!
bert harbinson
AG
Must have missed this, Sirois is involved with the girl on the show?
MaroonDontRun
AG
bert harbinson said:

Must have missed this, Sirois is involved with the girl on the show?
Yep.

Sounds like they have been together for a little while. They told a funny story about Sirios on Friday about when they were in Italy together.
bert harbinson
AG
Thanks!
MaroonDontRun
AG
Pink Floyd concert talk was pretty cool.

Krystina Ray is really good with these boys. The perpetual change up for the third is really keeping it fresh.
AgBQ-00
AG
Agreed. Mid day and evenings are strong. Mornings are getting better as those three get to know one another. I have several laugh out loud moments throughout the day during all three shows. Really think its going to grow into so.ething pretty special
TexasAggie008
AG
For any non-IJB listeners: this week's broke the news that TC & Jorts (who filled in for Jake) will begin hosting a Saturday show this weekend on the Freak that will center around the entertainment industry/celebs etc.....which probably means "IJB with Jorts instead of Jake".

AgBQ-00
AG
Speakeasy is getting better. Their rhythm is starting to come together.
FTAco07
AG
I haven't listened much after opening day, but do they always play a full song for a return cut? Is that after every break or only certain breaks? The last three times I've switched over to their app today I've had to sit through a full 3 minute alt rock song.

Edit: Apparently this break they're playing two songs. Bush followed by AC/DC for a solid 7+ minutes of music.
AgBQ-00
AG
That's an I-heart thing. They will fill time with music on the app evidently. When I listen to terrestrial signal it is not like that
Diet Cokehead
AG
I had no idea this was even happening because I have tuned out of the Ticket so much in recent years.

This feels very LIV vs. PGA golf tour and I can't help but root for LIV and The Freak.
clobby
AG
Mike : The Freak :: Phil : LIV
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
FTAco07 said:

I haven't listened much after opening day, but do they always play a full song for a return cut? Is that after every break or only certain breaks? The last three times I've switched over to their app today I've had to sit through a full 3 minute alt rock song.

Edit: Apparently this break they're playing two songs. Bush followed by AC/DC for a solid 7+ minutes of music.

I think the app does that while local commercials are playing over the air.
PatAg
AG
bthotugigem05
AG
Shoopy's sense for where something is going is unparalleled
AgBQ-00
AG
Just heard the freaks come out at night during the stars game.
hoosier-daddy
oh the song
Old School Brother
Tuned in to The Downbeat a couple of times last week for a few minutes. I guess Sirois was out for the week? Confirmed that without him, the show is basically unlistenable.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Agreed. I love Sirois, but it's barely listenable with him. Rhyner is an energy vampire. Just seeps all of the energy out of his co-hosts and his listeners. He did it for several years on the Ticket and it may have gotten even worse now. It makes for terrible radio.
bert harbinson
AG
Old School Brother said:

Tuned in to The Downbeat a couple of times last week for a few minutes. I guess Sirois was out for the week? Confirmed that without him, the show is basically unlistenable.

Let me guess, Rhyner presented a list of his favorite/hated something or other?
BoDog
AG
I really want this to work as I have always liked Ryner and despise the idiots on the Ticket. I am trying and trying to like what I am hearing but the shine is really starting to wear off.
chick79
AG
I've given it a try. Rhynes just needs to finally retire. He really adds nothing. He doesn't even pay attention to what's going on. Today on a segment they were talking about the Astros. Julie was talking about Justin Verlander and how he appreciated this World Series win over the one in 2017. Less than a minute later Rhynes asked if Verlander ever pitched in the World Series before this one. Julie and Sirios were silent for a few seconds not sure how to react.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, there's a reason Rhynes attempt at podcasting never went anywhere. He's ****ing awful.
dcAg
At least Rhynes sounds like he is having fun. The HL on the Ticket is the same show for the past 15 years. Bob helps though.

If you listen to the Ticket everyday, there is nothing new. No innovation as they are made to talk Cowboys for a certain amount of time each day etc, etc....

Sirois is a friend and he is hilarious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.