Metroplex
Sponsored by

97.1 The Freak

89,950 Views | 570 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by chick79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The new morning show isn't bad, but the afternoon is weird. And ending at 6PM is dumb. Its like they are forcing you to switch back to the ticket if you listen while commuting.
The Pilot
AG
Giving the 1-3 slot a time because the new ticket show during that time sucks.
SbisaVictim95
AG
The Pilot said:

Same, except I'm giving the 9-6 slot my ears.
Hincemm
AG
SbisaVictim95 said:

The Pilot said:

Same, except I'm giving the 9-6 slot my ears.
Same, except listening to podcasts. Hurry up and get here football season
EllisCoAg
AG
i do find myself listening more and more to KT and Sirois, pretty good little team
The Shank Ag
EllisCoAg said:

i do find myself listening more and more to KT and Sirois, pretty good little team
Danny actually fits in with them really well, much better than with just Sirois and Rhynes. I've been surprised.

Also surprised with how well Cavanaugh complements and basically runs the show with Rhynes and Julie.

I am missing Grubes on Ben and Skin.
Coates
The Pilot said:

Skin doesn't do it for me, tries way too hard to be funny/weird and everytime I tune in its basketball talk. But liking the morning and afternoon shows a lot.

What app is best to stream? I always have issues with iheart, is that the only one?
The Pilot
AG
Coates said:

The Pilot said:

Skin doesn't do it for me, tries way too hard to be funny/weird and everytime I tune in its basketball talk. But liking the morning and afternoon shows a lot.

What app is best to stream? I always have issues with iheart, is that the only one?
I use the iheart app, no issues there. Wish they had a rewind feature like the DFW Sportsday app has for the ticket.
The Pilot
AG
What's up with the DB Cooper ad that plays around this time? It's pretty lengthy and makes me think I've switched to a different station.
MW13
AG
Really liking the morning show and how they put the segments on Spotify around noon. I can listen to the gentle musers and then shortly after or later on the drive home check out the segments from the downbeat.
SbisaVictim95
AG
Freefall 2: Inferno next Thursday
Hincemm
AG
?
SbisaVictim95
AG
Hincemm said:

?
All hosts in studio at the start of the broadcast day, different game shows planned throughout the day. Winner of each game gets to go home. Last one standing has to do an hour of radio by themselves.
BoomGoesThe
I tuned in a few days ago and heard TC. Does he have a permanent position there?
ac04
he was filling in for someone i think.

watch out for san diego state
The Shank Ag
BoomGoesThe said:

I tuned in a few days ago and heard TC. Does he have a permanent position there?

Saturdays 2-4, dirtbag culture show.
EllisCoAg
AG
they actually made it a year!!
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
SbisaVictim95
AG
BoomGoesThe said:

He was filling in for Cavanaugh Monday-Wednesday this week... also gave me a chance to catch up on podcasts.
AG
this things got to be close to going all beatles
ftworthag02
AG
Nov 23 1.6
Dec 23 1.5
Hol 23 1.4
Jan 24 1.2

Hincemm
AG
it stinks that my two favorite shows are the musers and the downbeat...
SbisaVictim95
AG
My two favorite shows are the Downbeat and podcasts of Gordo's 8:40 bits.
AG
https://www.radiodiscussions.com/threads/if-you-were-gonna-change-the-format-of.768557/post-6704341

kramer from kramer and twitch spreading rumors
gabehcoud
what am kramer and twitch?
AG
had a show on the eagle around the time they stopped doing howard stern in late 90s

got fired for some britney spears death hoax

has a mild to severe hate boner for the ticket
The Shank Ag
I mean, there are some things The Freak is absolutely doing better than The Ticket, just isn't swaying people

I'd put the Downbeat at worst at par with The Musers. The Muser Schlick has tamed and gotten stale while Danny has really found his groove with Sirois and Kevin.

Ben and Skin's Mavs content is the best in the market, and their music stuff is up there.

And outside of Sturmcenter or College Sports talk primarily during football season, I have no use for Hardline5.0. Cavanaugh is better at Cowboys talk, Rhynes going deep into old Dallas stories or Music is great, and Julie adds a good balance to their buffoonery. And Grubes is still Grubes
VP at Pierce and Pierce
The Shank Ag said:

I mean, there are some things The Freak is absolutely doing better than The Ticket, just isn't swaying people

I'd put the Downbeat at worst at par with The Musers. The Muser Schlick has tamed and gotten stale while Danny has really found his groove with Sirois and Kevin.

Ben and Skin's Mavs content is the best in the market, and their music stuff is up there.

And outside of Sturmcenter or College Sports talk primarily during football season, I have no use for Hardline5.0. Cavanaugh is better at Cowboys talk, Rhynes going deep into old Dallas stories or Music is great, and Julie adds a good balance to their buffoonery. And Grubes is still Grubes
I like The Fan. Chemistry is getting really solid. Sports talk is very solid. Wish anyone in DFW could figure out college sports talk. The Ticket is awful at college football, they know next to nothing other than Bob but they have great guests in Klatt and Jones.
powerbelly
AG
It's one thing to be biased due to friendship with a couple of guys on the freak, but it isn't getting ratings because it isn't good. It's not like they haven't had advertising or enough media coverage.
Hincemm
AG
The Shank Ag said:

B&S are terrible. Just not entertaining.
AgBQ-00
AG
I still really enjoy the Freak. The Downbeat is great. B&S are still B&S and make me laught and I enjoy them. The Speakeasy is a fantastic closing show. I just enjoy the whole vibe.
The Shank Ag
Dan is in studio with The Speakeasy
chick79
AG
I only listen to Rhynes, Matt and Julie in the late afternoon. Everything else sucks. I've always hated Ben and Skin. They always try to be funny and they're not!
Hincemm
AG
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1248-the-speakeasy-102852887/episode/040324-230-dan-mcdowell-joins-the-show-pt-1-164574499?cmp=ios_share&sc=ios_social_share&pr=false

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1248-the-speakeasy-102852887/episode/040324-300-dan-mcdowell-joins-the-show-pt-2-164574500?cmp=ios_share&sc=ios_social_share&pr=false
Hincemm
AG
Trajan88
AG
I listen to the Freak's morning show when there are Muser's segments I don't care to listen to or when they're on vacation or commercials... cannot put my finger on it, but there is something off w/ Freak's audio.

Too quiet (maybe the room they broadcast from has too much sound deadening material?)... when they talk among themselves it is like none are in the same room or all are broadcasting remotely... no "warmth" to the audio.

Anyway, the show after the Speakeasy in early evening... seems like it is forced... they don't seem to have any chemistry.

Probably need to listen more... give it more of a chance.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.